Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2022 5:28:53 PM EDT
Picked one up cheap on a whim at the lgs.  My venture into the ultra lights and first ported pistol as well.  Anyone have one?

And hold the Taurus hate.  I have lots of other stuff, this is a bit of an experiment.  And I’ve always had good luck with the four or five Taurus I’ve owned.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy has a Taurus 692, a 3-in revolver with porting and a 9 mm and 357 cylinders, and it's been solid so far.

Frankly I'm kind of impressed with Taurus's quality.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy has a Taurus 692, a 3-in revolver with porting and a 9 mm and 357 cylinders, and it's been solid so far.

View Quote

I've been looking at the 692 as well. I've tried a couple of Taurus revolvers lately and was impressed!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've been looking at the 692 as well. I've tried a couple of Taurus revolvers lately and was impressed!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Cylinder on mine had pretty bad lock up/end shake that got progressively worse.
-My revolver cylinder jammed during dry fire and locked the gun up before I even got to fire it.
-Was unable to disassemble the gun because of how tight the ejector rod was screwed in. Called up Taurus so I could avoid fucking with the finish/etc
-Had to fight with Taurus about paying for a shipping label since I only had it a week.
-Spent 16 weeks at Taurus.
-Came back with the ejector rod knurling marred pretty bad.
-Cylinder lock up was never addressed.

Spend a little more on Ruger or S&W imo. The CS is worth it.

Inspect these in person before buying, do not order from a FFL and pickup. You could get lucky, or you could get a lemon with either. I know S&W or Ruger will make things right.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

-Cylinder on mine had pretty bad lock up/end shake that got progressively worse.
-My revolver cylinder jammed during dry fire and locked the gun up before I even got to fire it.
-Was unable to disassemble the gun because of how tight the ejector rod was screwed in. Called up Taurus so I could avoid fucking with the finish/etc
-Had to fight with Taurus about paying for a shipping label since I only had it a week.

Inspect these in person before buying, do not order from a FFL and pickup. You could get lucky, or you could get a lemon with either. I know S&W or Ruger will make things right.
View Quote

Are S&W/Ruger really so bad now that you can't order sight unseen?  That's sad if true.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are S&W/Ruger really so bad now that you can't order sight unseen?  That's sad if true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should of specified. Dont order Taurus sight unseen. My fault
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea I recently ordered a Raging Hunter Taurus sight unseen. It does not jam and has no major issues, but it came with the worst DA trigger I've ever experienced. Over 15 pound trigger that was gritty and not smooth in the least. It just became reasonable after I had a gunsmith put in Wolff reduced power springs and clean the action and after shooting 100 .44 rounds through it. I still think Taurus makes good stuff, but you really need to try it out in person first. At my local shop I dry fired a .38spl snubnose taurus that had a light, smooth trigger and it made me quite upset that they can make a great trigger on a snubnose, but completely mess up the trigger on their flagship, most expensive model that has a frame large enough to make it easy to make a decent trigger.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yea I recently ordered a Raging Hunter Taurus sight unseen. It does not jam and has no major issues, but it came with the worst DA trigger I've ever experienced. Over 15 pound trigger that was gritty and not smooth in the least. It just became reasonable after I had a gunsmith put in Wolff reduced power springs and clean the action and after shooting 100 .44 rounds through it. I still think Taurus makes good stuff, but you really need to try it out in person first. At my local shop I dry fired a .38spl snubnose taurus that had a light, smooth trigger and it made me quite upset that they can make a great trigger on a snubnose, but completely mess up the trigger on their flagship, most expensive model that has a frame large enough to make it easy to make a decent trigger.
View Quote

Also keep an eye on your cylinder notches, mine were peening pretty bad at the time. Not sure if it was a heat treatment issue or what.

The trigger will smooth out if you dry fire it for a few hours watching a movie. Sure it will be sore as hell the next day but the ladies won't complain in the long run

15LBS sounds excessive. Hows the SA?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]
After letting the lubricant settle from the gunsmith cleaning and dry firing the new springs a bit i'd say the DA trigger is closer to 12 pounds and it's surprisingly smoothened out. My trigger scale shows the SA between 5.5 to 6.5 pounds now. It's a respectable trigger pull now, but it did require extra work to make it solid. Raging hunter costs $900 for ported, integral pic rail, 44 magnum. The S&W .44 hunter model with these features costs $1700. I'm fine paying a little over $1,000 to $1,400 for a good revolver, but S&W is obscene with that price tag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top