Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2023 10:31:33 PM EDT
I plan on getting a 605 soon but I'm stuck on whether to get the 2" barrel or the 3". Pros and cons from those who have these? This will not be a concerned carry gun, just a woods and fishing sidearm. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I would definitely go with the three inch gun.  longer sight radius, less muzzle flip, a little more velocity.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Big fan of three inch revolvers. I consider it to be the perfect length.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's not a concealed carry piece, then the 3 inch is probably the way to go. Actually, for what it's worth, the 4 inch 6 shot might be worth it for the additional muzzle velocity, and the additional rounds. Plus, it's a heavier frame gun, and you would be a lot better off when it comes to shooting magnums from it.

That being said, there's something to be said about the 605 in a 2 inch. Not that the bears would think ya were sexy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
For your stated purpose, 3" would be The Way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the 2 inch and it shoots well. The firing pin broke 75 rounds in, however it was probably caused by excessive dry firing without snap caps. For a woods gun I would go with the 3 inch defender model. I'd like to shoot, handle a Taurus 692 3 in model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top