Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2021 4:13:17 AM EDT
I was a long time Taurus hater, I had a couple of real duds over the years. I have to admit I had some nice guns too.

Recently the G3, G3C, and TX22 have been outstanding guns.  These are all marked BAINBRIDGE, GA. I’m curious if this quality improvement applies to the Taurus 1911s?

Anyone tried one of the recent guns?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Not their recent ones, but I’ve got two Taurus 1911’s that runs like tops.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Taurus uses differant specs that say a Colt.
If you pick both up they will feel differant.
I bought one of the early ones the MIM ejector bent on the first 100 rounds.
As far as customizing. Parts fit the upper but not the lower.

For my money I would rather save alittle more and go with a Colt or Springfield
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Assuming the price is right... I had one that I got when they were $400 a piece and honestly it was very reliable and decent.  I put quite a few thousand rounds through it with no issues.  

Fit on mine was more like a glock than a custom 1911 but I suppose that's why it ran so well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
No I'll looking for a 1911 made in Turkey right now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Taurus uses differant specs that say a Colt.
If you pick both up they will feel differant.
I bought one of the early ones the MIM ejector bent on the first 100 rounds.
As far as customizing. Parts fit the upper but not the lower.

For my money I would rather save alittle more and go with a Colt or Springfield
View Quote

I see a lot of parts that specifically say they won't fit a taurus. I've seen that on grips and barrels at least. Taurus 1911s always look weird to me. Something looks "off". The sights and hammer look weird. I wonder if generic 1911 kydex holsters fit?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Had one, worked fine.  I have heard there may be some differences on dimensions.  I only changed the grips and had no issue with that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:10:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Not going to knock Taurus, but if I was in the market to get another 1911 pistol I'd look at 2 places (I'm looking budget / cheaper guns)
If I wanted GI 1911A1 style SDS Tisas GI model.
If I wanted bells and whistles I'd go Rock Island Armory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top