Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2022 7:57:28 AM EDT
I have the opportunity to buy an unfired 327 Night Guard in the box for $900. I have an old model 18-4 that I regularly shoot for fun, so operating a wheel gun isn't new to me. I do plan on carrying the 327, but I have some reservations. These reservations are a lack of experience carrying a wheel guns, esp a lightweight N frame w/a 2.5" barrel. Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#1]
At that price buy it immediately.  Worry about the rest later.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that price is a no brainer.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't think, buy.

Then decide if you want to keep it loaded with 38+p or 357.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I've carried a Airlite N-frame (4") every day for a few years and consider it easy but I work outside & dress as I please.

High & tight OWB, under a tshirt or untucked button up shirt works for me if I want to cover the gun up.

The guns are so lightweight, high carry doesn't tend to want to roll outward like a steel gun, but a good belt is still needed. Several good holsters are available.
I have J, K, L & N frames, the width of the cylinder really isn't an issue for me.
Grips are a little more noticeable (at least with my wardrobe) than cylinder width, but I have big honkin Hogues on it currently. Rounded back grips cut that signature down but I don't care.
N frame grips are in practical terms the same size as K & L frame so no difference in hiding them.

I used to carry a 2 1/2" Python part of the time, you having a 2 1/2" barrel just makes it that much easier to cover with a shirt tail over my 4".
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've carried a Airlite N-frame (4") every day for a few years and consider it easy but I work outside & dress as I please.

High & tight OWB, under a tshirt or untucked button up shirt works for me if I want to cover the gun up.

The guns are so lightweight, high carry doesn't tend to want to roll outward like a steel gun, but a good belt is still needed. Several good holsters are available.
I have J, K, L & N frames, the width of the cylinder really isn't an issue for me.
Grips are a little more noticeable (at least with my wardrobe) than cylinder width, but I have big honkin Hogues on it currently. Rounded back grips cut that signature down but I don't care.
N frame grips are in practical terms the same size as K & L frame so no difference in hiding them.

I used to carry a 2 1/2" Python part of the time, you having a 2 1/2" barrel just makes it that much easier to cover with a shirt tail over my 4".
View Quote

Thank you sir. And thanks for the rest of the input.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s a bad ass revolver!
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]
But it immediately

I carry a 386NG frequently

Attachment Attached File

It's not hard at all.

JM custom Kydex probably makes a IWB holster for it.  The 327 is a fairly common platform, I expect you'll have no trouble.

the key to hiding revolvers in the grip- not too sticky and no right angles. Even if it prints, it doesn't

Shoot it, I wouldn't call it pleasant with 357s but it's not painful. 38s are very easy

Even owning a 386, I would buy the 327 tomorrow for $900
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top