Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2019 1:41:14 PM EDT
Looking for a 22lr plinking pistol and came across this.  Anybody have one or shot one?  How does it run with cheap bulk ammo?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Ppq 22 is the best full size replica .22 available hands down.  I have the 4" threaded for suppressor.   Eats anything.  Seriously,  buy one.

Most other brands are 3/4 scale junk.  This feels like the real deal and is great for cheap training.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If i buy the ppq 22 will it make me want to buy a ppq centerfire?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It hasn't for me.  Nothing will replace my Glocks
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one a 5" PPQ 22.
Never had a malfunction with any kind of ammo. ~3000 rounds
Suppressed is super fun.

I do also have a PPQ 9mm 5" but that wasn't because of the PPQ .22LR. I have the 9mm just because it is awesome too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have only the PPQ Q5 Match not the 22, but I would love one....
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Ended up getting the ppq 22lr 5".  Ran everything I fed it but the sights have alot to be desired it  was all over the place and wouldn't stay tight.  Called walther up and said send the slide in.  I'll shoot it some more see if I can get it to stay tight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Bummer about the sights. Hopefully it either resolves itself or Walther takes care of it. I have taught many beginners how to shoot with mine with good accuracy and precision from the pistol.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ended up getting the ppq 22lr 5".  Ran everything I fed it but the sights have alot to be desired it  was all over the place and wouldn't stay tight.  Called walther up and said send the slide in.  I'll shoot it some more see if I can get it to stay tight.
View Quote
Any update to share? @Normlizer
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Interesting. I have a 5” threaded barrel PPQ M2 22 and have the same experience with mine. Shit accuracy.
I also don’t care for the sites. My VP9s / every other handgun out shoot the thing by a mile.
I actually think the trigger is way too heavy for such a light handgun.
And that’s what sucks - there’s zero aftermarket trigger options for the 22, just the 9,40,45 etc.
Even most triggersmiths won’t touch it.
I want to love this thing but I don’t. I can totally imagine it shoots better with a heavy can out front.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for the wait i messed witht he sights more and got it to where its semi tight but its still a pain to adjust.  It does shoot great and fairly accurate as long as the sights are tight.  It seems to eat anything i put through it.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I got my silencer a couple weeks ago and have been shooting the snot out of my PPQ22.  It is such a great freaking gun.  My can only weighs 2.6oz so it doesn't add much heft to the whole deal.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ppq 22 is the best full size replica .22 available hands down.  I have the 4" threaded for suppressor.   Eats anything.  Seriously,  buy one.

Most other brands are 3/4 scale junk.  This feels like the real deal and is great for cheap training.
View Quote
I have a PPQ 22 and I agree that it's a great handgun.  I also have PPQ M1 and M2 in 9x19mmP to go with it.  If that leads you to think that I like the PPQ, well, you'd be right...

However, I also think that the best full size replica .22 available is the Beretta (Umarex) M9-22 (and I'm not trying to take anything away from the PPQ 22 in so saying).

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#14]
>>Ppq 22 is the best full size replica .22 available hands down<<

I picked up my 5" version today, and I have to agree. I put ~200 rounds of mixed round nose and HP through it and it never missed a beat. It was knocking those steel plates down with relative ease, and shoots almost as good as my 5" 9mm version, so I'm a happy camper at this point!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#15]
It appears to be a minor re-do of the PP22 long barrel gun which is an overly complicated POS.  Same four part barrel, same fire control shell, different hold open, rear sear hammer is different, same plastic shell.  Minor makeover of junk.

The vast collection of parts in the PP22  fire control group are too complicated, it happily fires out of battery, and handles gas very poorly when it does.   Flexing the frame and popping off the hold open lever and blowing away the hold open spring is not what you want with todays low quality ammo.  

See

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/P22-OOB-Why-You-ALWAYS-Wear-Safety-Gear/27-195822/

Get a Ruger metal gun.

Or even a Taurus TX22.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/TX22-The-Perfect-Full-Size-22LR-Trainer-For-Practice/26-193143/

The three versions of Beretta M9 22s and the three Umarex Colt 1911 22s are both vastly better guns than the Walther re-do.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top