Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2023 10:34:03 PM EDT
Been looking for a new EDC other than my Glock 42.  Currently money is tight with house renovations galore so the GX4 looks really good. Fondled one today at the LGS and loved the size and feel of it and even had a decent trigger. I also liked the ability to switch out sights to glock night sights. One worker was shocked I would even look at a Taurus, another employee said he has sold a few- all with positive feedback after the sale. Clearly this is a a Taurus subforum so maybe answers will be favoring it, but overall just looking at an overall honest opinion on the gun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
They're so awesome.  Chassis gun.  Simple.  Great grip.  Great trigger.  Slim.  Priced right.  Glock sights.  Buy, buy, buy!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
They're so awesome.  Chassis gun.  Simple.  Great grip.  Great trigger.  Slim.  Priced right.  Glock sights.  Buy, buy, buy!!!
View Quote

Put my LGS on notice... just gotta see the price difference between the traditional and the TORO model in case I do want to add an optic. The few Glocks I've used with the optics made me much slower than with irons that's my only hang up. Maybe with lots of practice I can get faster. Then again I look at muscle memory- all I know and practice with is irons on my pistols. Think I just talked myself into the regular GX4
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Good.  Now buy before the rebate expires
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The Taurus G series just plain work.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13maddog] [#5]
I hope I am not too late, get the T.O.R.O model, while I don't own the GX4 model I do own the G3c, my buddy has the original PT111 (first gen), and his boss has the G2c, we all shoot together and always bring our Taurus pistols with us and none of us have ever had an issue and the reason I say get the T.O.R.O. is because I bought the standard G3c and later bought the optic cut slide after deciding I wanted an optic (my eyes suck) it's been a great pistol so far, not one issue.

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 13maddog:
I hope I am not too late, get the T.O.R.O model, while I don't own the GX4 model I do own the G3c, my buddy has the original PT111 (first gen), and his boss has the G2c, we all shoot together and always bring our Taurus pistols with us and none of us have ever had an issue and the reason I say get the T.O.R.O. is because I bought the standard G3c and later bought the optic cut slide after deciding I wanted an optic (my eyes suck) it's been a great pistol so far, not one issue.

https://i.imgur.com/Zpg9YMu.jpg
View Quote

Not too late at all- I'm awaiting my S&W CSX to come back(for the second time) from their repair shop. It's had issues twice where the receiver is just getting gouged out by the recoil rod assembly. I have zero confidence in S&W semi auto pistols as this is the 2nd one to have severe issues. Once it's back the gun shop said they will give me full value back on the pistol so I plan I trading it for the GX4. I have yet to get used to optics on a pistol but I suppose with enough practice I might come around to the idea.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By seargeantjim:

Not too late at all- I'm awaiting my S&W CSX to come back(for the second time) from their repair shop. It's had issues twice where the receiver is just getting gouged out by the recoil rod assembly. I have zero confidence in S&W semi auto pistols as this is the 2nd one to have severe issues. Once it's back the gun shop said they will give me full value back on the pistol so I plan I trading it for the GX4. I have yet to get used to optics on a pistol but I suppose with enough practice I might come around to the idea.
View Quote

Smart move.  F the CSX
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#8]
My LGS has the GX4 TORO for $299. Pretty interested at that price point plus I think they have a rebate until early next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top