Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 2:29:48 AM EDT
I carried a cm9 for a year and may soon again.

Ironically I felt it may have been too small for me, as even though I have small hands there was just too little gun to manipulate when it came to any operations other than firing.  

All of those qualities - tiny mag release, tiny form factor, ultra slim grip -  made it a super compact carry gun though of course.

Having said that, how is the tp9 to carry and shoot?  I'm assuming it just out the 2 o'clock carry position as much as any full size?  As such, it's not exactly a concealed piece.

I'm just trying to figure out what it offers me over a pm9 with a full size mag and sleeve.

Does it feel like a lighter 9mm 1911 slash single stack glock 17?  Or does it feel cheap and tiny?

I'm willing to go with reduced rounds to gain confidence and comfort and this accuracy.  

Sometimes, firing full sized guns with my hands feels like riding a bronco by just hanging on.  If I haven't let it get out of my hands and all the shots are in the x ring I'm happy.   But with a properly for gun , I'd have more confidence.

I realize this is all subjective but thanks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have small hands or something? Most people find full size handguns easier to shoot compared to their compact counter parts. Reasons being more grip to hold onto and less recoil due to more firearm mass and longer sight radius. Handguns are more of a personal thing since everyone's hands are different sizes and people have different strengths. It should feel comfortable in your hand and you should be able to manipulate the controls and rack the slide and so forth. 1911's and Glock's are by far the most popular handguns of course. 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Try a CZ  P-09, or P-07.  I don't have large hands by any account, but the P-09 feels and shoots great for me. I'm still trying to figure out if I like the feel of the P-09 better than a 1911 and I love the 1911.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Clarification.  Small fingers.   Huge palms.   That means trigger reach is the determinant, not overall grip diameter.

So most full size guns are out.  I can just barely activate the double action trigger on a M9 with one hand.  Glocks barely work, but they do.  

Happens to be, I've tried nearly every gun made, and I'm just inquiring about the full size kahr in this thread, the tp9, sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO the Kahr P9 is the finest of their polymer handguns.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
IMO the Kahr P9 is the finest of their polymer handguns.
View Quote
P9 is a solid choice
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Another P-9 fan here.

Big enough to shoot well, small enough to easily conceal.
8 round mags with the extension for reloads.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll have to try it before I commit to a tp9.
Would you call the p9 a full grip gun, or is an extension required for the pinky?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
I'll have to try it before I commit to a tp9.
Would you call the p9 a full grip gun, or is an extension required for the pinky?
View Quote
P9 shouldn't require an extension, at least with my hands
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I have owned Kahrs since 1998, before they made a polymer pistol.  I carry a MK9 (elite 98).  I am a fan of their guns and like all of the 9mm variants.  The P9 or K9 size is large enough for a full grip for me, although I am comfortable shooting the MK9/PM9/CM9 sized guns.  

I would suggest trying the P9/K9 before buying the TP9, the grip is too long for my preference on the TP sized pistols.

I hate the .40 S&W Kahrs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I frequently carry a Kahr CT9.  Outstanding gun.  Feels great and is by far the lightest 8rd single stack 9 I've used.  $250+sh at the moment at grabagun too.  Act fast
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the same issue with G-Locks. Large palms,short fingers. I may even trade it next month for a BHP
I find the CT40 to fit my hand well. It was $199 shipped a couple years ago from PSA
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Great deal for a nice gun. I paid $350 and felt I got my money's worth. $250 is a no brained. Of course, they only come with one mag, so add $25 for an extra.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Toughstuff:
Great deal for a nice gun. I paid $350 and felt I got my money's worth. $250 is a no brained. Of course, they only come with one mag, so add $25 for an extra.
View Quote
who sells CT9 mags for $25?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Toughstuff:
View Quote
They had a rebate for a free mag then
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top