Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2021 3:05:21 PM EDT
anyone got any info where some 16rds are?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 2 extra of the TX22 magazines at Academy in Pearland, Texas and they threw in a TX22 pistol to sweeten the deal. Now I have 2x Tx22s and 4x magazines.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought some directly from taurus.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reelserious:
I bought some directly from taurus.
View Quote

How long ago?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
a little over a month
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 6:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fugger] [#6]
3d printer go brrr

I had some 10 rounders I converted to 20s with the addition of a printed +4 baseplate. I just had to lose the thumb pins to lower the followers

I accidentally bought them thinking they were 16s, but I live in Texas so it wasn't a big thing to convert them. Ymmv obviously, check local laws.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Had been trying to get some for awhile signed up on Taurus website among many others for instock notification, finally scored a few maybe 4 weeks ago, have to be quick though first time Taurus notified me they'd already sold out 4 hours after sending me the email.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#8]
They are (in-stock) Taurus website as I speak.
Placed an order and it went through. Don’t know
If I will get them 🤷‍♂️
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The 7.   I ordered from Taurus came in yesterday’s mail
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#12]
The +3 mag extensions work great also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm using the TandemKross +5 and they work well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm seeing on a lot of the Taurus boards people getting FTF, FTE a lot. Some say hand load, some say use the loader and all say to tap the bottom of the mag to seat the rounds. It is a double stack mag so maybe there is something to this. Mine had this problem at first but after loading the mags and letting them set between range trips that helped. I think cleaning the inside of the mags helped as much as anything. I'm also seeing lots of posts about polishing the feed ramp but that hasn't really been a problem with mine.

I think the biggest problem with new shooters with this gun is the crappy, low-powered ammo they are using.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
I'm seeing on a lot of the Taurus boards people getting FTF, FTE a lot. Some say hand load, some say use the loader and all say to tap the bottom of the mag to seat the rounds. It is a double stack mag so maybe there is something to this. Mine had this problem at first but after loading the mags and letting them set between range trips that helped. I think cleaning the inside of the mags helped as much as anything. I'm also seeing lots of posts about polishing the feed ramp but that hasn't really been a problem with mine.

I think the biggest problem with new shooters with this gun is the crappy, low-powered ammo they are using.
View Quote

Interesting. Mine have been extremely reliable regardless of ammunition type.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#16]
all 6 of my mags run with no problems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AS556:

Interesting. Mine have been extremely reliable regardless of ammunition type.
View Quote

As have mine after leaving them loaded between sessions. I have a +3 that runs especially well. I wonder if that button to aid loading has any effect on them?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

As have mine after leaving them loaded between sessions. I have a +3 that runs especially well. I wonder if that button to aid loading has any effect on them?
View Quote

No experience with the Taurus, but I know of competitors who run Rugers will disassemble the mags and polish all the surfaces, particularly the channel that the loading button slides through. I tried it on one of mine just as an experiment and the mag is much smoother.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Leave the loading buttons out next time you clean the mags. Unless you actually use them as a loading aid. They serve no purpose for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a few from Taurus the other day, and should be here tomorrow. $22 with free shipping (spend over $50) and no tax for me. I tried to post last week when I ordered, but they showed out of stock. Showing in stock again  https://www.shoptaurus.com/taurustx-22-accessories/taurus-tx22-22lr-magazine-16-rounds-358-0017-01
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#21]
http://www.mcfaden.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=LIGHTNIN-GRIP

This thing is awesome for loading the TX22 magazines. Load a mag in seconds with each round correctly seated.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:29:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#22]
Originally Posted By bmwmc:
http://www.mcfaden.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=LIGHTNIN-GRIP

This thing is awesome for loading the TX22 magazines. Load a mag in seconds with each round correctly seated.
View Quote

I received mine in the mail and I agree it is fast. My thumbs and reloading time will be saved.  It does seem like it will break easily but time will tell if it holds up.  The MLG has no problem loading the stock 16 round magazines.  Using the Lightnin Grip and the TK +5s, it will only load 20 rounds.  I had to load the final round by hand in each 21 round converted TK +5 magazines but the magazines were new and never been loaded.  Maybe they will loose up over time and the MLG will load that final round.

Also, the 15 round magazines can be converted into 16 just by replacing the white disassembly button (look at the bottom button of the magazine for disassembly) with the black one (the 16 round magazine disassembly button and no there is no difference in the body of the magazine; same length pull down button groove in both 15 and 16 round magazine).  The 15 rounds magazines can be used with the TK +5 bottoms to get to 21. I bought a couple of 15 round magazines (all Taurus had on their website at the time) to convert them to 21 round magazines using the TK +5 bottoms.

ETA: The springs in the 15 round magazines, are different than the ones in the 16 round magazines.  The 15's are visually longer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By daddytallguy:

I received mine in the mail and I agree it is fast. My thumbs and reloading time will be saved.  It does seem like it will break easily but time will tell if it holds up.  The MLG has no problem loading the stock 16 round magazines.  Using the Lightnin Grip and the TK +5s, it will only load 20 rounds.  I had to load the final round by hand in each 21 round converted TK +5 magazines but the magazines were new and never been loaded.  Maybe they will loose up over time and the MLG will load that final round.

Also, the 15 round magazines can be converted into 16 just by replacing the white disassembly button (look at the bottom button of the magazine for disassembly) with the black one (the 16 round magazine disassembly button and no there is no difference in the body of the magazine; same length pull down button groove in both 15 and 16 round magazine).  The 15 rounds magazines can be used with the TK +5 bottoms to get to 21. I bought a couple of 15 round magazines (all Taurus had on their website at the time) to convert them to 21 round magazines using the TK +5 bottoms.

ETA: The springs in the 15 round magazines, are different than the ones in the 16 round magazines.  The 15's are visually longer.
View Quote

McFadden does feel kinda flimsy, but mine has loaded a lot of rounds. Think I'll order another as a spare.

Where are you seeing 15 round magazines? Never heard of them. Mine came with 16 rounders.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Taurus had 15 round mags in stock, I got some during their Black Friday sale. Also, you don't have to replace anything, you can just grind down the top of the baseplate catch till it's the same height as the black one. Took me less than a minute to do. I haven't compared spring length but it's hard to imagine why they'd use a different length since they are the same in every other dimension including how long the spring should be. A used mag could very easily have a spring that's not fully returning to its original length imo.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Any current sources for mags?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
Any current sources for mags?
View Quote

https://www.shoptaurus.com/taurus-tx22-22lr-magazine-16-rounds-358-0017-01

Took me 30 seconds. You need to practice, grasshopper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks.

My google search for Taurus online kept giving me a dead link.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
Thanks.

My google search for Taurus online kept giving me a dead link.
View Quote

Their site was down all day it seems, I tried to look when you posted that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#29]
who's + 3 are you using ? source? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#30]
These have been flawless so far. No feeding problems and it locks back on the last shot.
https://gallowayprecision.com/plus-3-mag-extension-for-taurus-tx22-pistols
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top