BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/30/2020 7:37:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual]
Update in lower post and re-titled.

Since the Glock 44 .22LR is starting to be an epic fail, I have seen the TX22 prices jump.

Question:  Are the TX22 barrels now being shipped and purchased smooth and well cut or are they like the chatter marked ones last summer and fall?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been lucky I guess. My first TX barrel was fine, bought within the month the gun released. I just bought an FDE version 3 weeks ago, no issues with this barrel either.

I'm still seeing them for $236 and up in my area. I paid $236 for my FDE model and $304(IIRC) for my first one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
249 out the door for my TX22 here in NC but that was pre Glock faildom.

Ordering another at that price while i can.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:49:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigHunt] [#3]
I bought mine in September and got the $50 rebate.

The barrel isn't the best, but it still shoots great and I just deal with the leading by giving the bore a few strokes with a wire brush every 300 rounds or so.

I plan on sending it back in to get a barrel upgrade when they become available again.

I have shot the dogshit out of this pistol! Almost exclusively suppressed.

It has never jammed one time even after going over 500 rounds without cleaning in one instance.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Price is still 249 here in NC and the G2C is 219 and the G3 is 259 all out the door pricing.

picking the G2C up later this week then ordering the G3.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just on sale here for 229.00. Barrels looked better. I took one apart and, seemed fine compared to what I have seen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one yesterday and it looks horrible.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah, hell!  I was going to buy one Sunday morning. That barrel is the same thing from last summer.  I am thinking, not now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I got one last week. I looked at the barrel closer. Its not perfect but not near as bad as that pic
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
but how does shoot?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stoney:
but how does shoot?
View Quote
Mine, wonderful. Had a problem with first mag and won't cycle Aguila SS, but everything else is fine now. It cycled CCI subs fine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Taurus TX22s I have looked at over the last year, twice, were not bought because of chatter marked lands and grooves that would lead up barrels.  Glock’s baulky feeding mags are blowing apart plastic slides in the G44.  Besides just shoot the Glock .22LR AA Kits forever, what is a Glock shooter to do?

Wandered off to the LGS that I knew had a new batch of TX22s come in Friday.  And G44s in stock.

Looked at the G44.  Crappy trigger even for a Glock, cheap feeling and looking, over priced and over advertised, in my opinion, for the troubles they are having with magazines not feeding and OOB KaBooms and broken plastic slides.

Looked at a stockroom TX22.  Nice fellow pulled a new one, cleaned barrel to dry metal for me, brought a bore light.  Grooves reflecting like a smooth mirror.  Lands dark, but nearly smooth.  Took my own looking glass.  The rest of the TX22 felt like what Perfection should be in my hand.  Slide stop, safety, mag release, trigger pull all worked and perfect.  WOW is that a nice trigger.  Take up, then Bang with under 5#.

Guess which came home with me?

Dark was coming when home.  Stripped, cleaned, bore snaked the barrel, oiled and lubed Glock type places.  Cycled slide 200 times, but no dry firing.  Re-assembled.  Odd takedown, but simple.

Fired one mag of CCI MiniMag 40RN = 16/16 to slide lock.
Fired one mag of CCI Blazer 40RN = 16/16 to slide lock.

Too dark to shoot the other two spare mags I bought.  Quit.

Grooves still shinny and lands look the same.  No leading.  If it runs outta the box, it will run thereafter.  Dirt simple breeching and magazine to chamber cartridge feedway in the TX22.  Does not need super grease on striker tang.  With lube, the trigger was like soft butter.

I shoot Glocks.  But not always.  I call it voting with my pocket book.

LSA
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LampShadeActual:
Taurus TX22s I have looked at over the last year, twice, were not bought because of chatter marked lands and grooves that would lead up barrels.  Glock's baulky feeding mags are blowing apart plastic slides in the G44.  Besides just shoot the Glock .22LR AA Kits forever, what is a Glock shooter to do?

Wandered off to the LGS that I knew had a new batch of TX22s come in Friday.  And G44s in stock.

Looked at the G44.  Crappy trigger even for a Glock, cheap feeling and looking, over priced and over advertised, in my opinion, for the troubles they are having with magazines not feeding and OOB KaBooms and broken plastic slides.

Looked at a stockroom TX22.  Nice fellow pulled a new one, cleaned barrel to dry metal for me, brought a bore light.  Grooves reflecting like a smooth mirror.  Lands dark, but nearly smooth.  Took my own looking glass.  The rest of the TX22 felt like what Perfection should be in my hand.  Slide stop, safety, mag release, trigger pull all worked and perfect.  WOW is that a nice trigger.  Take up, then Bang with under 5#.

Guess which came home with me?

https://i.postimg.cc/C567Qt74/C0061-DC9-FF76-4-DE1-85-AB-63-B78-A6-A43-C9.jpg

Dark was coming when home.  Stripped, cleaned, bore snaked the barrel, oiled and lubed Glock type places.  Cycled slide 200 times, but no dry firing.  Re-assembled.  Odd takedown, but simple.

Fired one mag of CCI MiniMag 40RN = 16/16 to slide lock.
Fired one mag of CCI Blazer 40RN = 16/16 to slide lock.

Too dark to shoot the other two spare mags I bought.  Quit.

Grooves still shinny and lands look the same.  No leading.  If it runs outta the box, it will run thereafter.  Dirt simple breeching and magazine to chamber cartridge feedway in the TX22.  Does not need super grease on striker tang.  With lube, the trigger was like soft butter.

I shoot Glocks.  But not always.  I call it voting with my pocket book.

LSA
View Quote
Glad you found a good barrel finally! The TX22 is a damn fine pistol, and I'm also a glock guy....

The only cleaning I do to my barrels is cotton swab the chamber with hoppes, light bore brushing of just the chamber and then one maybe two pulls of a bore snake every 500-1000rds. My barrels just do not lead or foul badly. I honestly spend more time cleaning the carbon and gunk off the frame and slide than I do on the barrels....
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:33:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#13]
Thanks.

In a year of following news of their introduction and shooting, the barrels were the only negative.  Two samples I looked at were terrible.  I wouldn't order one sight unseen.

This one recently shipped from the factory to a Large LGS is just fine and came home.

The feel is like my M&P9 2.0 4.25"/3.6" guns.  Like it fits you instead of you fitting to it.

Will sight it in and try 40RN MiniMags, Blazer, AutoMatch, and RemGolden Bullets.  For whatever reason, the four of them are 100% primer dependable though of who knows what accuracy gun to gun.

The AutoMatch is slightly weak and usually not very accurate, but of a very consistent quality lot to lot.

The RemGB is the zippiest by far and inconsistent lot to lot and about the same accuracy wise as AutoMatch, but only works in fat "sporting" chambers because the bullet seater smears lead down the case sometimes.

The two CCI products are identical save for copper lating on the MiniMag.

ALL of the above from on line vendors are CHEAPER than store bought bulk junk of low quality calculated at cents per round IF, and ONLY

IF you buy the good stuff by the whole case which is then normally shipped free.

In cents, a case-shipped-with tax:

Blazer 4.0 cents (CCI 50 paper boxes.  NOT the F headstamp junk Federal loads and puts in a Blazer box)

AutoMatch 4.9 cents (325 boxes)

MiniMags 6.0 cents (100 round lastic)

RemGB  4-10 cents  (cost wildly varies)(10 round lastic)(sometimes a loss leader)

Hint:  Buy lots at once and shoot more for the same cost.

Hint:  Blazer is as good as MiniMags function wise in almost anything I have tried both in.

Like Ollie says, good stuff cheap.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine has ate everything I've tried. CCI mini mag, blazer 40gr, CCI mini mag 36gr, CCI SV, federal auto match, federal bulk 36gr(red boxed walmart stuff), federal 40 HV, and winchester 36gr value pack(also walmart).

I've had some duds of course, mostly with the federal 36gr. I shoot this stuff the most...

I've had some failure to feed. Uually,the first rd from a full mag and most were early on and I think caused by me loading the mag by pulling down the follower to far and getting the staggering off...

Overall, my TX22's have been very reliable. More so than my AA conversion or my wife's M&P compact 22. I'd say both have been as reliable as any of the ruger MKII's or III's I own or have owned over the years...
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]
So much for a life time warranty.  Their idiot web site will not accept the serial number on the box and gun.  Maybe they answer the phone?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#16]
Since it was a nice winter freezing rain/snow day, time to shoot the TX22 and zero it.  Random details:

Sights:  The front sight has a screw from underneath.  It wants to rotate in the slide if banged.  It is not a Glock trunnion.  Smaller.  I LockTited it between the bottom of the sight and the top outside of the slide. It stayed put.

Taurus’ idea of an adjustable rear sight is the same thing they put on some centerfire pistols. Plastic with a screw windage adjustment and a screw type eccentric elevator for elevation.   Both with little deep set white dots that are hard to see and shadow the white.  Out came the bright yellow/green nail polish. The three white dot holes were dished opened slightly with a larger than the holes finger spun drill bit and polish was added to try and level the now larger dished holes.  The white dots stayed as they existed under the polish.

Photo:  At arms length, all three appear the same size.

From past experience with a centerfire Taurus and also actually experienced with this TX22, the eccentric elevator does not always stay put.  As I was shooting the TX22 seated at a bench on a carpet roll rest at 25 yards, I marked the sight with pencil so that if, and it did, walk, I would know where to reset it.  It might in the future get filled with LockTite since its now zeroed.  Maybe not.

Photo: Rear sight.  I zeroed it with CCI 40RNHS MiniMags and kept it every shot at the place marked on the sight.

That fun activity done, I shot a few mags at 60 yard 6” rocks in the berm and then one group of ten at 25 yards with each of:

-CCI MiniMags 40RNHS 100 box plated copper
-CCI Blazer 40RNHS 50 box plain lead
-Remington 40 RNHS 100 box plated Golden Bullets
-Federal AutoMatch 40RN not quite High Speed plain lead

Photos:  10 shots each 25 yards rested sitting freezing.  Paster with ammo ID on 6” Shoot-N-Sees.

That done and a few more rocks shot at 60 yards, I put up an IPSC repair center and shot two mags at 20-15-10-5 yards just standing up and shooting.  The 10 rounds at 20 yards was a surprise.  Decent.  Centered and fairly close.  The TX22 is easy to shoot fairly well cold and having concentrated enough zeroing.

Photo:  20 yards standing.

Since that worked well, I added quick pairs at 15 & 10 yards to the box and fast single shots for 5 rounds out of the 35 to the head at 5 yards.

Photo:  15-10 & 5.

Remarks through the first 200 rounds:

-The barrel remains bright clean shinny grooves and black lands.  No trace of leading.  This is after 200 rounds of plated and unplated ammo.  But not cheap stuff.

Photo:  This picture is after shooting and cleaning by running a bore brush with Hoppes #9 twice and the two patches.  Perfect it isn’t but it doesn’t lead and the photo is magnified many many times.  To your eye, the grooves are bright and shinny.  The lands are not leaded, but are darker colored just looking.

-Zero.  Nada.  None.  No malfunctions of any kind and NO failures to fire with four kinds of ammo.

-4 1/4 pounds on a RCBS trigger scale.  Steady pull not changing.

-Generally shoots each of these brands to the same place.  Blazer and Remington GB seem the winner.  One mild and the other Zippy.

-The sight stayed put after it settled into this spot as marked for at least the last 100 rounds.  I will keep the marks in a more permanent medium, but skip the LockTite.

-One negative:  The TX22 will throw stupid high shots now and then.  Really stupid.  Like 6” up from the top of the main group of all the other shots.  Beats the hell out of me.

-For $229, I have no idea what I could expect better.  At any price, the TX22 is easy to shoot well and functions 100%.  No asterisks.  It just boringly functions.

-Magazines:  2 came with the gun and I bought 2 spares.  Ran the follower down and back up 25 times before loading the first time and all four were perfect.

-Taurus numbers them 1&2 in the box.  The salesman found me a set of two spares numbered 1&2.  Thoughtful.

-It really feels like a Smith MP9 2.0 in your hand.  Loaded with 16 or 16+1, it is not always empty like the 10 shot guns.  It was fun on the IPSC target to just shoot rather than reload all the time.

EDIT:

As an aside, Load .22 mags properly so they work right or at least better.

With Smith 15/22 mags, with AA .22 Kits, with any Ruger .22 pistol magazine or the 25 round 10/22 mags, with a Taurus TX22 mag, with Umarez’s Beretta branded .22 15 round mags, with Umarex’s Colt branded 12 round, the Smith MP22 mags, the SR22 mags,

IF you know what you are doing,

THEN you pull the loading tab/button down one by one and load them one round at a time AND THEN use the loading tab/button or the AA style top loader to do what I call bouncing the stack.  Pop the fully loaded mag stack down and let it back up half dozen times till you feel or see it align all the cartridges.   Suddenly the top round bullet nose end pops up properly and the stack moves freely.  What you thought was jammed tight now has some room in it to move down and up. Then they all work (better).

Same theory as you whallop any AR mag against the other hand to smack the primer ends against the rear wall or any pistol mag same thing.  Line them up and they run better.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#17]
Very glad gun has a nice barrel and works.

CS person at Taurus after 50 minutes on hold says web site not working for Registering Life Time Warranty. Try again in a couple of weeks.

Also good it has a nice barrel as replacement good barrels on back order and not available.

Said my gun was most recent batch just shipped to LGS.

Happiness anounds.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#18]
The two I looked at today had rough lands like pictured above. Been shopping around trying to find a keeper.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Shot another 200 rounds today.  Boring.  Gun works 100% and the trigger stays at #4 1/4 on RCBS gauge and hits exactly where you aim it.  Shooting buddy shot it some and was about ready to throw his mis-function Walther over the berm.

Used enough nail polish since shot before to fill dimples level when dry so no shadowing.  This color stands O U T against dirt, gravel, limestone, white targets and black targets.  Bright and fluoresces some even when cloudy.

Enjoyable.  No BS like another brand with some blowing up.  That group has no sense of humor.

This barrel is mine.  The lands show cutter marks, but the grooves are perfectly smooth and show a reflection of the lands.  The grooves are mirror smooth to the eye.  NO leading of any kind through 450 rounds.

This is a photo of a BAD one.  An unevenly cut lumpy mess.

Link Posted: 3/8/2020 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Shot another 200 rounds today.  Boring.  Gun works 100% and the trigger stays at #4 1/4 on RCBS gauge and hits exactly where you aim it.  Shooting buddy shot it some and was about ready to throw his mis-function Walther over the berm.

Used enough nail polish since shot before to fill dimples level when dry so no shadowing.  This color stands O U T against dirt, gravel, limestone, white targets and black targets.  Bright and fluoresces some even when cloudy.

https://i.postimg.cc/509ZxV7v/EC9654-CE-4821-4873-B144-855-A45238-CEE.jpg

Enjoyable.  No BS like another brand with some blowing up.  That group has no sense of humor.

This barrel is mine.  The lands show cutter marks, but the grooves are perfectly smooth and show a reflection of the lands.  The grooves are mirror smooth to the eye.  NO leading of any kind through 450 rounds.

https://i.postimg.cc/HW6dvNWq/A937-C3-A8-684-B-47-A7-965-E-0-C6314-CE602-C.jpg

This is a photo of a BAD one.  An unevenly cut lumpy mess.

https://i.postimg.cc/0NnBX4kN/F44-CC1-ED-25-F1-460-A-9-B47-32425-AC7-BA22.png
View Quote
I bought some glow in the dark nail polish and did the same to the sights on my G2.  Hit it with a UV light for a few seconds and you end up with a poor man's night sights.  It doesn't stay bright for long though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 9:56:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#21]
Shot more.   All 6 mags. Nothing to report.  No drama.  Just goes bang and cycles.  Blazer 40RN in 50 boxes.  Takes forever to load six 16 shot mags.  In 100 rounds, four of six mags can be 16+1=17.  Still runs when mag spring tight with full load.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Shot more.   All 6 mags. Nothing to report.  No drama.  Just goes bang and cycles.  Blazer 40RN in 50 boxes.  Takes forever to load six 16 shot mags.  In 100 rounds, four of six mags can be 16+1=17.  Still runs when mag spring tight with full load.
View Quote
Is the slide light enough for a female to rack? I thought about picking one up because my wife and daughters are finally wanting to learn to shoot. I was leaning towards a Ruger SR22 because of the size (smaller than a TX22) but cost is a factor.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:12:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#23]
Grandkids, 8 & 12, learned to easily shoot an SR22 and the S&W .22 Compact.  On the SR22, treat the lever as a decocker.  On the .22 Compact, its a safety.  Either is a nice gun and 100% reliable with CCI MiniMag/Blazer.  With Federal AutoMatch, a soft hold will generate short strokes, rarely, but real high speed .22 is best.

The TX22 is larger than either in all dimensions, but reasonable for a standard size wife.  Daughter is size dependent.

The SR22 has a comfortable but slightly odd looking grip with two sleeves for small and medium.  The .22C is normal shaped for a small thin size.

The TX22 more resembles an ergonomic Glock 19 size gun. Rounded corners and easy to hold. And by far the best trigger.

The TX22 has the easiest slide pull of the three.  Double checked and for sure.

Always SEE the barrel before $.

Will try to get a photo of the three later today.

Photo:

Yes, slide releases are green.  Safeties/decocker are red.  The little ones get it quicker than slide release/slide hold open/slide stop/safety/decocker.  It comes off if desired.

To your question, size wise, around the entire grip and around the entire at rest cocked  trigger reach, the differences are really small.  The TX is in theory longest, but not by much.

Photo:  tape position of all three shown relative to TX.  The reach of the other two would be less in the amount of the slash differences understanding it is the full front to rear difference and the thickness difference TWICE each.  Total circumference.  About none in practical terms.  Personally, trigger and mag capacity considered, find one with a looked at good barrel and the TX will be fine.  You will like it best.

TX=TX22. 22=SR22. C=Compact MP

As to reach, the side view profile is deceiving.  The TX22 is thinner at the top rear under the tang and curved to make the reach shorter than the profile suggests.  From the rear, the TX22 is no wider than the other two.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought mine the other day.  Shot it suppressed today.

CCI “Quiet-22” didn’t cycle the Gun (but it also fails to cycle my 10/22).  CCI Suppressor and Gemtech did just fine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 4:20:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#26]
Shot TX22 again today.

16 round mags.

CCI Velocitor 40HP at 20 yards and RemGB40RN closer.  Ran 80 more rounds perfectly.

Not much to say.  It works and shoots as well as I can fast or slow.  15 yards twice because I managed to fo fast enough to miss some the first time through.  -3 first then -2 next.  It was 92F and I moved on.

The Velocitor and Rem40GB are clearly a little more zippy than Blazer 40RN.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 6:33:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#27]
An oddity.  I am noticing this.

Stripped, cleaned and lubed with SLIP2000EWL, the TX22 runs CCI Blazer at 4 cents a round perfectly.  It sometimes short strokes when really dirty after 300+ rounds at one time.

BUT,

Stripped, cleaned and lubed with SLIP2000EWL, the TX22 initially runs CCI MiniMags poorly with the slide out running the magazines ability to lift rounds. Slide opens, no dwell time, hits rear, bounces forward, overruns top round.

BUT, when dirty it runs MiniMags perfectly.  Same gun, same 9 magazines, 9x16 without a malf when well dirtied.

Shoot weaker ammo first, then zippy stuff later when dirty.

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#28]
Since I have been shooting a Glock 44 lately and since I took the TX22 out today for fun shooting the TX22 the same way I did the G44 yesterday up in the rimfire section, I had a few general suggestions.

The TX22 does in fact shoot nicely with the white dots filled in level with a bright light green nail polish.  Not as bright as the HiViz on the Glock 44 in the rimfire section above, but seeable.   I shoot the TX22 somewhat better.

Having been shooting the Glock and being a Glock shooter, the safety on the TX22 got me draw and fire.  Switching systems is not the easiest thing.  I have no experience with a NO safety TX22, but the short 4# trigger would worry me more than the longer 6.5# Glocks.  For a Glock shooter, that indicates a Glock shooter would be happiest with the G44.

If I primarily shot a S&W MP9 2.0, the TX22 feels exactly the same in hand.  I’d probably say go with the TX22 and ignore the safety practicing.

If I primarily shot a revolver, I would not buy either.

If I primarily carried a S&W 380EZ, I’d choose the MP22 Compact for practice.

But since my HellCat 9mm is a no safety striker, the G44 is the best practice tool I have.

Point being, among .22LRs that actually function, consider the various features and pick the best match to whatever centerfire you actually use.

But if I had no gun and wanted a general purpose .22LR, the TX22 would be the one.  

There is something to be said for slick side Glocks.  Pull=Bang.  Ditto for my HellCat or LCP.  No thinking involved.

No revelations, just opinions.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I purchased a TX 22 a week ago. It seems to be from a newer batch based on the serial # 1PT328XXX. It has the same chatter marks in the bore as posted above. I shot around 350 rounds of Blazer 40gr lead and Federal Black 38gr copper plated with zero issues. It shot very tight groups at 10y and 15y (I have pics but can't get them to post). We even backed up to 35y and 50y and kept all shots from several mags on the 12x20 steel. No leading in the barrel when I cleaned it last night.

I guess I would take a replacement barrel if they will send me one without returning the pistol. I've noticed no issues yet with the bore but it definitely has rough chatter marks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I used the online chat with Taurus today. They are sending me a replacement barrel. I got the order # and said it will ship within 7 days. We shall see how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Been trying to find one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#32]
^^^^ me too
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09] [#33]
^^^^ me too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
^^^^ me too

Originally Posted By Fugger:
Been trying to find one.

Ive seen a couple places have them the past week.

Check r/gundeals on reddit as they usually post up pretty quick when something is in stock.

ETA: @Stoney @Fugger

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/214886/1tx22141/taurus-tx22-22lr-black-rimfire-pistol

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:36:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#34]
I've been impressed with the tx22.  After seeing this thread, I did take out the barrel and look at the rifling.  It is there, just not very deep.  I don't see any other markings, shoots pretty straight also.

Taking it apart for cleaning is so much easier than my Ruger Mk3 and the Tx22 feels much better in my hand.

I'm generally a glock fan but will wait a while on the 44, would like one that the bugs are gone from.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

Check r/gundeals on reddit as they usually post up pretty quick when something is in stock.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/214886/1tx22141/taurus-tx22-22lr-black-rimfire-pistol

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By laxman09:
^^^^ me too

Been trying to find one.

Gun Deals helped me find one without the manual safety at G4G.  Looked like only one in stock as it went OOS after I bought.

Saw the Sportsman Outdoor offering but did not want the safety.

Found a couple other dealer with prices over $350 plus obnoxious shipping.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Really like this pistol .
First range session about 3-400 rounds of various brands of .22
Had a few malfunctions but nothing out of ordinary .

But replaced extractor , front sight and added charging handle from Tandemkross .
Also a Lakeline recoil spring .

Magazines grabbed a few more and added the Tandemkross + 5 extensions . On 4 mags with them all functioned 100% .

Shot it yesterday with all the upgrades and another 3-400’with zero issues.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jsshuler:
I used the online chat with Taurus today. They are sending me a replacement barrel. I got the order # and said it will ship within 7 days. We shall see how it goes.
View Quote

I received my new barrel today and it looks super smooth. No chatter marks at all.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#38]

I received my new barrel today and it looks super smooth. No chatter marks at all.
View All Quotes

What serial number range is yours in?  I have seen a YT review saying guns in the PT309XXX range and higher were being shipped with good or better barrels.

I'm hoping to find one at the Market Hall show in Dallas this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

What serial number range is yours in?  I have seen a YT review saying guns in the PT309XXX range and higher were being shipped with good or better barrels.

I'm hoping to find one at the Market Hall show in Dallas this weekend.
View Quote

1PT328XXX
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Having a TX22 and more recently a Glock 44, I make a notee of the following comparison:

—-Having put numbers on the idea, in 500 rounds the G44 has not functioned 5 times.  1/100.  No better than my AA Kits.
—-Running the same numbers with my TX22, in 2000 rounds it has not functioned 2 times.  1/1000.
—-The answer is?
—-I don’t know.  
*****The TX22 was shot with numerous types of ammo, and except for points of impact, does not give a rats butt what you put in it with its factory mags.
*****The Glock 44 was shot with its own factory 10 round mags and with ProMag 18 round mags.  Non functions equally spread per round between the mag brands.  The thing that really concerned me was with a nearly clean gun, rounds were picked up out of the mag, but not sliding up the breech face.  The extractor dented the rim of one where the rim was trying to ride up the breech face, but was stuck under the extractor.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#41]
*****The TX22 was shot with numerous types of ammo, and except for points of impact, does not give a rats butt what you put in it with its factory mags.
View Quote

This right here is very important in any .22LR, especially more now than ever, when you don't know what kind of ammunition brand and type you will be able to find or purchase for the right price.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 1:46:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LampShadeActual] [#42]
Simple.

9 magazines loaded with 16 rounds each of 36 grain HP Federal 525 Bulk and a TX22.

9x16=144 rounds fired out in 5-10-15-20 yard failure drills.  

144 of 144 minimal quality bulk ammo fed, fired, ejected, slide locked in the TX22 without need for explanation.*  **

———————

*Better and worse hits are simply speed although the 36 grain Federal 525 hits a little lower than 40RNHV ammo.  The Federal 525 is not especially accurate.
**EDIT:  Turns out I saw while cleaning gun, that the rear sight broke its nail polish screw head lock and jumped itself two clicks lower.  Oh, well, shoulda been more liberal with polish.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd like to see some bore pictures of the recent TX-22 pistols, especially since the early ones were so crappy (and I still haven't received a good one from Taurus after several months)...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#44]
For all my recent TX22 and Glock 44 shooting to establish my own opinions, Bubba, here with Hotly-Goodbody, nails the entertainment version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXibWgoggg
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#45]
LGS finally got one in, snapped it up for just a hair over 300 out the door.

Looks good, but the barrel seems like it has a fair amount of wiggle at the muzzle. Is this normal?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#46]
just got mine today, 4 mags thru it so far, works great, think i'll do some more this afternoon. $271 OTD, extra mags $18, got 2.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#47]
LGS finally got one in, snapped it up for just a hair over 300 out the door.

Looks good, but the barrel seems like it has a fair amount of wiggle at the muzzle. Is this normal?
View Quote

Yes. I would like to see better lockup, but it is what it is. The weight of a suppressor makes it more noticeable.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Went shooting yesterday.  Win “333” 36 grain hollow point bulk junk.

Usually perfect Ruger 22/45 Lite kept feeding high with several different perfect magazines.

TX22 of this thread worked perfect with that ammo.  Easier to shoot more accurately also.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Went shooting yesterday.  Win “333” 36 grain hollow point bulk junk.

Usually perfect Ruger 22/45 Lite kept feeding high with several different perfect magazines.

TX22 of this thread worked perfect with that ammo.  Easier to shoot more accurately also.
View Quote

That's odd. The win 333 is the only ammo that my TX22 won't shoot. It has failures every 2 to 5 rounds with it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I haven't seen one in at a gun show or store in more than six months.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top