Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2022 7:49:47 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with either or both of these pistols?  I currently have a Shadow 2, but I'm thinking about adding another CZ to the collection.  Would probably be more of a fun gun, but might see some use for 3 gun.  I was leaning toward the TS2, but I kind of wish it had an adjustable rear sight.  I've also heard the extended mag release is a bit too extended.  TSO is more expensive and I probably wouldn't use the thumb rest, which leaves 3 exposed holes in the frame.  Though it would be easier to mount an optic to if I decided to go that route.   Appreciate any thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I quite like the thumb rest on my TSO. I mainly use it in 3-Gun and have three other friends who also run/ran TSO's, one went to open and got a 2011. I don't have any direct knowledge of the TS2 but I can say the TSO is the nicest pistol I own, though not the most expensive. I can say without a doubt it's worth the price and is a fantastic shooting gun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a Shadow 2 first then a TSO after that. The TSO was a much nicer shooter. I sold the Shadow 2 off but I do regret it some days. I then got a STI DVC-L that I prefer over my TSO.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Do these use the same mags...?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do these use the same mags...?
View Quote

TSO and TS2 both use the same magazines.

Shadow 2 and other 75 series do not use the TSO magazines.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 1:53:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The TSO is its own design and the TS2 has the same slide as the Shadow 2 family.  Having shot both and owning two TSOs, I highly recommend the TSO over the TS2.  The thumb rest is actually a great addition if you plan on shooting USPSA, UML, or three gun.  If you really want to remove it CZ custom shop sells a frame mounted sight plate that works for just about every red dot and has been sturdy for mine.  It is my favorite pistol to shoot and the mag release isn't overly obtrusive.  Remember, this pistol is for competition shooting and it's very damn good at it.  

If you want the double action equivalent, that has a light rail and could possible serve other roles than just a competition shooter,  take a look at the Shadow 2 orange.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the TSO and a friend has a TS2. Few points you can't tell from specs and pictures:

The grips are a little different. TS2 feels like it has a higher grip. You won't notice the difference unless you have them side by side, but I give a slight edge to the TS2 grip. Overall I prefer the TSO because the gas pedal helps a lot more than a very minor grip difference. But if you won't use the gas pedal then slight edge to TS2.

Build quality is not the same. Actually not close. The TSO slide/frame/barrel fitment is about perfect. Cycling the slide is extremely smooth and is the first thing people notice when handling the gun. As a comparison, the TSO is smoother and tighter than my Wilson 1911. Barrel fit is perfect as well. Pressing down on barrel hood yields zero movement whatsoever. I do recommend getting the Cajun bushing if getting a TSO though.

The TS2 fit is not bad at all. But it does not receive the same amount of hand fitment. Slide frame fit is not bad at all, but not on the level of custom 1911 fit. Pressing down on the barrel hood yields some level of movement.

Overall my preference is for the TSO because of the build quality. However that opinion may change once the hand fit models of the TS2 hit the US.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.  I was fortunate enough to find both a TS2 and a TSO in stock at a local shop and was able to handle them both.  The TSO certainly does feel a bit more refined.  The gas pedal seemed to work ok for me.  I was a bit shocked at how light the trigger was.  My Shadow 2 trigger is plenty light for me at 3.5lbs or so, but the TSO is closer to 2lb and would definitely take some getting used to.  I am now also considering the SP-01 Shadow Target II.  I've never owned an SP-01 and I'm somewhat intrigued by this particular model.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a TSO and a s2.  TSO trigger is far superior, super light and crisp. After shooting the tso trigger everything else feels too heavy.  The thumb test/gas pedal makes it very comfortable to shoot. I mainly only use my s2 as a kadet kit 22lr host now and shoot 9mm through the TSO.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a TSO and a s2.  TSO trigger is far superior, super light and crisp. After shooting the tso trigger everything else feels too heavy.  The thumb test/gas pedal makes it very comfortable to shoot. I mainly only use my s2 as a kadet kit 22lr host now and shoot 9mm through the TSO.
View Quote

I don't think the TSO vs standard S2 trigger comparison is fair. One is a standard production gun the other is a factory custom race gun.

I personally found the gas pedal placement on the TSO too close for my hands. If I was choosing between the TSO and TS2, I would go with the TS2 because it fit me better.

Also note, CZ is also releasing the TS2 Green which has a lot of the same features as the TSO (adjustable rear site, gas pedal, etc.) but the gas pedal is a different style that some might prefer more.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I did see the racing green TS2, and that one seems to have everything that I'm looking for.  Unfortunately they don't seem to be available quite yet.  I might hold out for that one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the shadow still made? Not the shadow 2 but shadow…
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top