Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2021 4:27:33 PM EDT
I have a TRP and wasn’t sure if the dovetail front sight cut is unique to Springfield 1911 guns?... anyone know?

And does anyone know what the oem factory front night sight Height is?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. SA has a novak knockoff cut that is slightly different. You want a front for a springfield cut. Every 5" SA i have had had a .180" height and either a .325 or .375 rear. SA has a novak rear cut.

Dawson makes great sights. Just put a fiber optic on my full rail.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
While the front sight dovetail cut is different it can be worked around. I have a Springfield Loaded and contacted Truglo wanting to use their TFX Pro. They said "any competent gunsmith" could install the Novak front sight from their set. I took it to a local gunsmith and showed him the email. He took it as a challenge and did it. Looks great and matched my Remington R1 Enhanced that I had installed these sights on myself. I didn't get to talk to him when I picked it up but it sounds like it wasn't easy but could be done. The charge was more than reasonable. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes they are different than Novak.  I’ve done two in the last year. Bought my sights from Harrison Design
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m looking for a gold bead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top