Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2021 5:33:47 PM EDT
Anyone try mounting a streamlight TLR1 on their Canik TP9SFX? It seems like the front of the rail closest to the muzzle end is really thick and the light wants to pop off. Even when tightened down you can see it is crooked front to back. Anyone have the same issue?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
yep
olight for me - tried picatinny and glock mount - no go...the rail is too shallow....seems it had been a reoccurring issue
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I tried to get a light on mine but nothing fits and I didn't want top file the frame to get one to fit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Damnit. I like the gun but this sucks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an X300B and no issues.  The rails are shallow and not in spec, it seems, but the light has been through paces on the pistol and has held tightly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amos_Moses] [#5]
Mine works just fine. but, I’ve only put two mags through it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Was just about to post this exact question but saw this thread first. I just bought a TP9SF and none of my lights will fit either. The rail slots are too shallow. This sucks and is a deal breaker for me. Has anyone contacted Canik about it and heard back?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
As I understand it the rail is actually Weaver spec and not Picatinny.  Obviously that is a significant problem with most lights being on the Picatinny standard.  

I don't have an issue with this because I use other guns for home defense (which have lights) and the only Canik I carry is a Elite SC that I don't have a light on or feel the need to mount one on.  Yes, I am still stuck in the 1990s when I started carrying and weapon mounted lights (let alone holsters for guns with lights) were not much of a thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top