Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2020 7:43:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10-8DoWork]
Can anyone tell me what the plastic spacer that sandwiches between the RDS and the slide does?

I've looked through some pictures online and there are samples (with the same RDS - Shield RDS) that have this spacer installed and some that don't have it installed...

Is it just a co-witness or 1/3 co-witness thing? Maybe I'm blind but I swear I looked through the manual a few times and couldn't find anything about it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 10-8DoWork:
Can anyone tell me what the plastic spacer that sandwiches between the RDS and the slide does?

I've looked through some pictures online and there are samples (with the same RDS - Shield RDS) that have this spacer installed and some that don't have it installed...

Is it just a co-witness or 1/3 co-witness thing? Maybe I'm blind but I swear I looked through the manual a few times and couldn't find anything about it.
View Quote

It's not a spacer. It's the RDS mounting plate.

The one downside to the Canik is that the rear sight is mounted to the cover plate you remove to install an RDS.
There are 4 plates to accommodate the various RDS mounting patterns.
And it's aluminum with steel inserts for the mounting screws.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ-Dave] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hydguy:

It's not a spacer. It's the RDS mounting plate.

The one downside to the Canik is that the rear sight is mounted to the cover plate you remove to install an RDS.
There are 4 plates to accommodate the various RDS mounting patterns.
And it's aluminum with steel inserts for the mounting screws.
View Quote

I think you are mistaken...... the rear sight is not part of the plate.......... it is dovetailed into the slide. This is speaking of the TP9 SF Elite SC, correct?
I have 3 sc's without an optic on and 1 with the Shield (just picked up this one today)... best value in a gun out there!
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:41:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hydguy] [#3]
Originally Posted By AZ-Dave:

I think you are mistaken...... the rear sight is not part of the plate.......... it is dovetailed into the slide. This is speaking of the TP9 SF Elite SC, correct?
I have 3 sc's without an optic on and 1 with the Shield (just picked up this one today)... best value in a gun out there!
View Quote

You are incorrect.
The rear sight is dovetailed into the stock cover plate.

When you install a RDS, you remove the stock cover plate, install the RDS onto the mounting plate, and then install the RDS onto the pistol with no rear sight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]

You are incorrect.

When you install a RDS, you remove the stock cover plate, install the RDS onto the mounting plate, and then install the RDS onto the pistol with no rear sight.
View Quote

That is true with most Caniks however the tp9 elite sc has the rear site dovetail into the slide.  The red dot mounts in front of the dovetail. So you have both the dot sight and the rear iron sight.  See the pic
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 1:06:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ-Dave] [#5]

You are incorrect.

View Quote

No I'M NOT.......... unless the 4 I OWN are all accidents.... pay attention to the MODEL the the OP was talking about... damn... I'l bet you didn't even get past the word Canik and were already typing to "correct" me. If you had read my politely worded response.... you would have seen the clarification of the model I made... and given you a hint.

Thanks Alaska for posting the pic....
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The title of the thead is TP9 Elite SC

Canik has recycled the Elite name now on several pistols. I have a Combat Elite, Executive, and now a Mete.

Last time I was on here, I hadn't even seen the new line up on line, in any stores, or on Century's website.

So get over yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top