BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like that is is tucked in closer to the TG. I was waiting for Surefire offering but it is looking like Streamlight is going to get my money.
View Quote

Yes, it tucks up quite a bit, even the switch housing. With the light slid all the way back to the trigger guard it does protrude out the front .030-.040” more than the TLR-7A on the TD mount, but it’s minimal.

It was a no go in my holster for the TLR-7A setup. Wouldn’t click in place and had lots of play. My New DiVito holster for this setup is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't love it at much as i was hoping to, i think I'll hold off a bit longer to see what other options come down the pipe...
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't love it at much as i was hoping to, i think I'll hold off a bit longer to see what other options come down the pipe...
View Quote

Is it just that you were hoping it was going to be a little smaller?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it just that you were hoping it was going to be a little smaller?
View Quote

Basically, yes.
The P365XL is a great carry size, but this light makes it fatter and longer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Basically, yes.
View Quote

I'm always more concerned with the grip portion of a concealed carry gun than the slide/muzzle but I get it. It does swell the ole gland end a bit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Basically, yes.
View Quote

yeah I just went back and saw the pic of the light head on from the muzzle. I'm not worried about that, really, since I just want something for quick attaching at night time. I'll still carry most of the time (if not always) without the light.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe, rechargeable is the future for making these lights smaller. Nitecore, as an example, is getting 700 lumens out of a smaller light and 500 lumens out of a much smaller light.

700 lumens

500 lumens
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Basically, yes.
View Quote

That's lights in general, but I've been carrying a P365XL with a light in a Divito holster for almost a year now, carried one in a non light bearing holster for a couple weeks before I got my first holster and the added bulk is marginal at most in an AIWB style holster. Because of where the claws usually mount it really doesn't ad much width or girth to the holster. The protrusion from the front is also minimal with the lights.

Now if you compare it to a minimalist holster like the raven vanguard then yes, it's much larger, but then so is any other full kydex holster. Those holsters have their own issues though with sharper edges like the front sight digging into precious cargo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just preordered one for the 365. Thanks for the link.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Divito TLR-7 Sub IWB Preorder page.

They also have the full rig with mag holster and a OWB available for preorder.

Just preordered one for the 365. Thanks for the link.

Divito holster arrived. Good lock up on the light.

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Divito holster arrived. Good lock up on the light.

https://i.imgur.com/AW1uK8C.jpg
View Quote

Is yours ridiculously tight on the slide? I ordered a total of 3 for myself and a couple friends and they’re all super tight. I was going to give him a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is yours ridiculously tight on the slide? I ordered a total of 3 for myself and a couple friends and they’re all super tight. I was going to give him a call tomorrow.
View Quote

When I first got it I noticed all the screws for the clips and claw were slightly loose. I tightened them down and the holster clamped too tight on the pistol. Backed the 2 screws out holding the claw in place dialed in the retention. I was planning on adding some thread locker on those 2 to keep them from backing out and falling off. I'd like to know what he says if you call.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I first got it I noticed all the screws for the clips and claw were slightly loose. I tightened them down and the holster clamped too tight on the pistol. Backed the 2 screws out holding the claw in place dialed in the retention. I was planning on adding some thread locker on those 2 to keep them from backing out and falling off. I'd like to know what he says if you call.
View Quote

Even with the screws completely loose it’s still super tight on the slide. I was thinking about putting a couple layers of painters tape on the slide, heating the holster around the slide area and slamming it home.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally...

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#15]

@MackDaddy1962 your pic isn't working any more. I looked but I didn't see back on here, what's the deal with that slide? I like it!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Very nice.

Thanks brother!

Quoted:

What's the deal with that slide? I like it!

Factory Zev Octane slide

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Decided to finally get the Hogue handall grip on the black frame as well. They're a bitch. But, it's on. Windex is your friend on the install..

Like a woman with a closet full of shoes... decisions, decisions..

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#18]
GunMagWarehouse shows the tlr-7 sub in stock for the 43x/48 mos and the p365 for $139.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife asked what I wanted for Father’s Day. I said the Trl 7 sub for the 365. She said no.

Back to shopping myself I guess
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a TLR7-Sub and the Surefire XSC to compare on my P365XL.

Really different concept lights. In my opinion XSC is a 15yd light... probably best when you want a light on a P365 and minimal size is the primary goal.

The out put of the TLR7-sub is significantly better and lights up my 35yd back yard well. But yes it makes the package as thick as my G19 at its widest, so holster design will make or break it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone found any good AIWB holsters for an XL MS (safety) model with both a red dot and the TLR-7 Sub? I emailed JM Custom a while back asking if they'll offer one but have heard nothing. I prefer something with a full-height sweat guard on the back, since I usually carry under a t-shirt and the slide tends to be pretty uncomfortable against skin.

ETA: Literally on the same page. I need to read better.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Going to throw this out there. The 1913 version of the TLR7a sub works on a Tactical Development rail. I did it this way because I was seeing where the sig version of the light had a little play on the frame. Also because I wasn't patient enough to find a sig version and I can make my own holster.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Going to throw this out there. The 1913 version of the TLR7a sub works on a Tactical Development rail. I did it this way because I was seeing where the sig version of the light had a little play on the frame. Also because I wasn't patient enough to find a sig version and I can make my own holster.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/469500/IMG_1334__1__jpg-1979277.JPG
View Quote

@ARK_Ginger is that a 365x or did you have a regular one milled?

surprised it's worth adding the width of the tactical rail just to use a skinny light
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@ARK_Ginger is that a 365x or did you have a regular one milled?

surprised it's worth adding the width of the tactical rail just to use a skinny light
View Quote

It's an X. The rail is actually narrower than the light. Tactical Development actually made a video showing where the TLR7a Sub is actually the same size as the TLR7a in critical dimensions (width and height). I don't have a regular TLR7a to measure it myself to confirm but it does appear that the only changes are the belly of the sub is thinned down and the clamp is different.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's an X. The rail is actually narrower than the light. Tactical Development actually made a video showing where the TLR7a Sub is actually the same size as the TLR7a in critical dimensions (width and height). I don't have a regular TLR7a to measure it myself to confirm but it does appear that the only changes are the belly of the sub is thinned down and the clamp is different.
View Quote

@ARK_Ginger thanks for the info. Makes sense, I figured it would be a bit wider than the stock frame with using a CR123. I only plan on snapping the light on at night rather than all the time, so I wasn't super worried about carrying with the thickness.

what's the barrel? Looks like a Griffin and comp.

I'm so tempted to get a threaded barrel for mine but I can't imagine actually carrying it with the can
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@ARK_Ginger thanks for the info. Makes sense, I figured it would be a bit wider than the stock frame with using a CR123. I only plan on snapping the light on at night rather than all the time, so I wasn't super worried about carrying with the thickness.

what's the barrel? Looks like a Griffin and comp.

I'm so tempted to get a threaded barrel for mine but I can't imagine actually carrying it with the can
View Quote

@steviesterno16 It is a Griffin barrel and comp combo. Been pretty happy with the one on my 19 so I figured I'd give it a try
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@steviesterno16 It is a Griffin barrel and comp combo. Been pretty happy with the one on my 19 so I figured I'd give it a try
View Quote

thanks, I have their revolution 45 and I like it. How do you like shooting that small of a gun with a can out front?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

thanks, I have their revolution 45 and I like it. How do you like shooting that small of a gun with a can out front?
View Quote

@steviesterno16 honestly haven't tried it. my form1 pistol can has been collecting dust. I think most cans would be too unwieldly, but something like a Thompson machine pistonless can would be perfect
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Thread from the dead resurrection...

Well, after the last range session shooting the Siggy & my FN 509 I didn't notice what you'll see below. I made a stellar score on a brick of Speer Gold Dot HP 124g +P 9mm ammo. The FN 509 loves it (VERY accurate @ 7-15yrds) and will be the load for said nightstand queen.

I shot probably 30-40 rounds of said +P ammo through the Siggy as well. Not the load I'd use, it's snappy with a boatload more recoil. But I had to try it out.

I cleaned the guns afterwards,  and in the safe the Siggy goes. I haven't been out much as of late, so it's not been with my in use. I decided to get it out and fondle it today.

The way the TLR-7 Sub mounts on this gun may not be a good idea for long term use (at least not every range training session.)

Recoil pushed the front sharp edges on said light into the grip module polymer rail front enough to distort/deform it. See below pics. I've since took a small file and smoothed things out, but needless to say without a recoil lug system to help hold it on there leaves a lot to be desired...

Oh well, beta tester! Just thought I pass the observation along to my brethren. I don't really care, as it's a "duty gun" for a specific purpose. Not a beauty queen.. a potential lifesaver. Sucks none the less.

Anyone else notice this? Just curious..

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, after the last range session shooting the Siggy & my FN 509 I didn't notice what you'll see below. I made a stellar score on a brick of Speer Gold Dot HP 124g +P 9mm ammo. The FN 509 loves it (VERY accurate @ 7-15yrds) and will be the load for said nightstand queen.

I shot probably 30-40 rounds of said +P ammo through the Siggy as well. Not the load I'd use, it's snappy with a boatload more recoil. But I had to try it out.

I cleaned the guns afterwards,  and in the safe the Siggy goes. I haven't been out much as of late, so it's not been with my in use. I decided to get it out and fondle it today.

The way the TLR-7 Sub mounts on this gun may not be a good idea for long term use (at least not every range training session.)

Recoil pushed the front sharp edges on said light into the grip module polymer rail front enough to distort/deform it. See below pics. I've since took a small file and smoothed things out, but needless to say without a recoil lug system to help hold it on there leaves a lot to be desired...

Oh well, beta tester! Just thought I pass the observation along to my brethren. I don't really care, as it's a "duty gun" for a specific purpose. Not a beauty queen.. a potential lifesaver. Sucks none the less.

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aKGRE5x9T3R.jpg

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aKGRJyx9T3R.jpg
View Quote

I’m still waiting for the one I paid for February 14th, so I haven’t had that happen to me.

Can the sharp edge on the Sub be filed to be more blunt?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:Can the sharp edge on the Sub be filed to be more blunt?
View Quote

Maybe, but I’m not going to do that. I’ve decided to use it sparingly.. not during range sessions for sure.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe, but I’m not going to do that. I’ve decided to use it sparingly.. not during range sessions for sure.
View Quote

Makes sense that it’s happening if there’s no cross bar to match on to. I would consider cutting one in if that would help.

Otherwise I’m not going to worry too much. Frames are $30 to replace of it gets too ripped up. I only plan on using mine to make sure it works and then slapping on whenever I’m traveling and in for the night.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aKGRE5x9T3R.jpg

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aKGRJyx9T3R.jpg
View Quote
Mine doesn't seem to have moved at all after a few hundred rounds. Very tight on there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#34]
It may very well have been the +P ammo recoil that moved it. If memory serves me correct, I shot with it on prior using 115g & 147g without indecent. Oh well, no big deal as stated grip modules are cheap.

That and the fact I'll not be using the 124g +P ammo in this gun again. No need to.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Called Battery Junction today, since I didn’t receive shipping notification email and the Aug. 4th expected delivery date had passed, and was told the new expected delivery date is Aug. 6th. BJ claims that Streamlight is telling them that they are having problems sourcing manufacturing materials.

I’m number one on the list now, I was number two, so number one must have bailed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Six months and three days after they hit my CC, Battery Junction got one to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Six months and three days after they hit my CC, Battery Junction got one to me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/BFEA9513-0297-4C85-B047-F5323E824B79_jpe-2056560.JPG
View Quote

@CountyWorker you wait 6 months and don't even post a review?!?!?!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@CountyWorker you wait 6 months and don't even post a review?!?!?!
View Quote

Coincidentally, I also got an LE6920-FBP2 yesterday, so the Sub is still sitting there as it is in the photo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:30:35 AM EDT
[#39]
It’s bright, no complaints about that, but the color temp is a little too warm IMO.

It’s a little big, even for the XL, but we knew that from the beginning.

The chrome ring around the lens cap is just plain dumb.

Don’t have to worry about blacking out the white on the 507k, because the Sub has white billboards as well.

IMO, overall, it’s still the best option available for the XL.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I herd rumors that stream light was changing the attachment method of some of the TLR7 Subs, does anyone know or seen anything about this?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I herd rumors that stream light was changing the attachment method of some of the TLR7 Subs, does anyone know or seen anything about this?
View Quote

I’d hope so, the attachment method on the P365’s is hot garbage. You have to make it ridiculously tight for it to not slide back and forth under recoil and even then it kept loosening up during one range session and would slide anyway.

It was so bad that I sold both of my lights and went back to using the TD rail with TLR-7A before I stopped carrying my P365XL’s. The little bit of bulk you add with that setup is well worth it to have a securely mounted weapon light.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. I've had the Tlr7 Sub on my XL for a few months and after about 500 rounds over that time, the light literally flew off my gun during a string of fire. The movement in the light had allowed it to saw through part of the rail.

I emailed Streamlight and they told me they were aware of the problem and changing the attachment. Replacement attachment arrived last month and it locks on very tightly, much more secure. The problem is that now my holster doesn't fit!  I have the light off while I wait for a new holster.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yes. I've had the Tlr7 Sub on my XL for a few months and after about 500 rounds over that time, the light literally flew off my gun during a string of fire. The movement in the light had allowed it to saw through part of the rail.

I emailed Streamlight and they told me they were aware of the problem and changing the attachment. Replacement attachment arrived last month and it locks on very tightly, much more secure. The problem is that now my holster doesn't fit!  I have the light off while I wait for a new holster.
View Quote

@Lhotse

I just came to post this same problem. I finally got out to do some shooting with the Sub yesterday, and it won’t tighten up well enough to stay in place under recoil. It didn’t feel great when I first put it on, but I just had it tightened with a casing and I figured it would tighten up once I used a screwdriver. It didn’t.

Why doesn’t it fit in your holster with the new mount? If the new mount makes the light hang lower or stick out further, I’m out. It’s already a little too big as it is.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They must not have tested this outside of firing a few rounds at all. I love the TLR-7A but this is troublesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They must not have tested this outside of firing a few rounds at all. I love the TLR-7A but this is troublesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d like to hear from @Lhotse before I even bother calling Streamlight to hear in which way, and by how much, the profile of the light changed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@Lhotse

I just came to post this same problem. I finally got out to do some shooting with the Sub yesterday, and it won’t tighten up well enough to stay in place under recoil. It didn’t feel great when I first put it on, but I just had it tightened with a casing and I figured it would tighten up once I used a screwdriver. It didn’t.

Why doesn’t it fit in your holster with the new mount? If the new mount makes the light hang lower or stick out further, I’m out. It’s already a little too big as it is.
View Quote

Yes, the new attachment makes it hang a tiny bit lower - enough that it doesn't really fit my divito holster. I can cram it in, but it's too tight. I'm waiting to hear if Divito has a solve, otherwise I'll get out the heat gun and have a go. It's not off.by.much.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#47]
@Countyworker

It really sucks!  Light is nice, though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yes, the new attachment makes it hang a tiny bit lower - enough that it doesn't really fit my divito holster. I can cram it in, but it's too tight. I'm waiting to hear if Divito has a solve, otherwise I'll get out the heat gun and have a go. It's not off.by.much.
View Quote

I guess it's good to hear Streamlight stepping up to the plate on this, but still.. shit design by Sig for other lights. Oh well.

@Lhotse If you can post up some pics of the new config when possible brother we'd all appreciate that!

Thanks man
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I guess it's good to hear Streamlight stepping up to the plate on this, but still.. shit design by Sig for other lights. Oh well.

@Lhotse If you can post up some pics of the new config when possible brother we'd all appreciate that!

Thanks man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man

Photos of both mounts side by side showing the difference between them would be appreciated too. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, the redneck engineering bug bit after some thought. I'm a big fan of various "shim stock" here and there when needed. I've got one that I'll post for the dreaded "FCU back-and-forth" slop these guns have. Not a big deal in real world use, but it drives me crazy when fart'n with the gun unloaded and doing dry fire. That's fixed, let's move on to this issue..

I think this came from Honda, as I used to do a shit-ton of stuff with cars over the years. That's since become a distant thought in my get'n older years, they're "freedom" as one of my buddies put it. And he's right.

This is adhesive backed felt. Not sure how thick, it's what I had on hand. Cut a small section to fit on the rail area of the gun to sandwich between it and the light. I have no idea if this will make a big difference in real world use, but it does certainly make the light a bit "tighter" when installing. And it seems snug as a bug in a rug after tightening the screw down with a nickel. Hmm, who knows.

Worth a shot, I'll have to get it out and shoot it to see if it holds better.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top