Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a comment about Taurus, but just realized this was the Taurus forum, so I'll just wish you luck, instead.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a comment about Taurus, but just realized this was the Taurus forum, so I'll just wish you luck, instead.

Good luck.
View Quote
ok thanks... Not sure how you ment that, but I do thank you for stopping by.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
tag for interest
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
tag for interest
View Quote
Thanks for stopping by.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you fired it yet?  How do you like it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:46:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you fired it yet?  How do you like it?
View Quote
Yes I did get a chance to run 2 boxes ( 100 rds ) through it the afternoon that I picked it up. I have a bad habit of compairing everything to a Glock cause I really like them. It handles every bit as good as a G17 with a little less kick. To me it shoots as great and for less money. The sights are way better that stock Glock and the extra features like the safety are a added bonus. Over all its a great pistol for the price. I hope to get time to take it back to the range next week and get some shooting footage. Thanks for checking out the video.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one a couple months ago. Nice  pistol, handled well and easy to disassemble. Put a few boxes of 115 gr round nose ammo through it without problem. No jams or FTF.  Rear sight  was off a little bit . Adjusted the sight and was shooting fine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought one a couple months ago. Nice  pistol, handled well and easy to disassemble. Put a few boxes of 115 gr round nose ammo through it without problem. No jams or FTF.  Rear sight  was off a little bit . Adjusted the sight and was shooting fine.
View Quote
Hey good deal. I was just running the cheap stuff from Walmart 115 gr round nose also. I didn't have any issues either. I think they have a great gun for the money. As for the sites on mine they were spot on, or at least for the way I shoot..Thanks for stopping by, check out the rest of my channel. Catch you later
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to hear it's running fine

What group sizes are you getting?

I have no need for one at all but it does look like a fun pistol
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Glad to hear it's running fine

What group sizes are you getting?

I have no need for one at all but it does look like a fun pistol
View Quote
To be honest the afternoon that I took this and the G3 to the range I grabed a couplr of Shoot-N-C targets. I was running the cheap TulAmmo from walmart and just stepped back about 20-24 feet ( didn't take time to measure it was getting close to dark )and let it fly. I managed to keep most of the shots within inner ring and the 9 ring on the target. I know I should have waited till I had proper time to do a good range video to go along with the review, but I will get one up soon. Thanks for watching the video, please check back soon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like a nice pistol.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like a nice pistol.
View Quote
Yea..Not just cause I own it, Its just a real nice piece of work. lots of features fot the price. Thanks for stopping in, check bavy in anytine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#13]
So the local indoor range has one on the rental wall.

I put 50rds of PMC Bronze 115gr FMJ through it this afternoon.

First off it shot to the left at 10yds. Second is that the single action pull is fairly inconsistent.

However aside from these things is a hell of a pistol for about $260.

I'm now honestly thinking about buying one for..... reasons.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The head shots were from a Mozambique drill, the group near the 7 ring was from a DA string
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

First off it shot to the left at 10yds. Second is that the single action pull is fairly inconsistent.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200228_152554314_jpg-1295212.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200228_152636831_jpg-1295213.JPG

The head shots were from a Mozambique drill, the group near the 7 ring was from a DA string
View Quote
Good deal I'm glad that you liked it. I am glad that I spent the money. It is a lot of pisstol for tha small price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good deal I'm glad that you liked it. I am glad that I spent the money. It is a lot of pisstol for tha small price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200228_152554314_jpg-1295212.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200228_152636831_jpg-1295213.JPG

It really is, I don't need another 9mm and most of my others have better triggers....still though it ain't a bad pistol.

Yeah I'll probably wind up buying one
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered one off of Davidson's for $267
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good deal, Glad to see that you ordered one. Post up some pics when you get it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will do
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Picked it up this afternoon

Seems like a nice pistol for $267 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 4:56:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200305_164015524_jpg-1303906.JPG

View Quote
Have you put any rounds through it yet?  Yea for the sub $300 price point I was amazed at how well the pistol feels in the hand and how it felt when I fired it. I am at about 300 rounds now with mine and no malfunctions. Very happy with my purchase.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Have you put any rounds through it yet?  Yea for the sub $300 price point I was amazed at how well the pistol feels in the hand and how it felt when I fired it. I am at about 300 rounds now with mine and no malfunctions. Very happy with my purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200305_164015524_jpg-1303906.JPG

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. The rental I'd tried out wasn't bad.

I'd equate these to the Ruger P series guns. Not necessarily refined but everything is there
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. The rental I'd tried out wasn't bad.

I'd equate these to the Ruger P series guns. Not necessarily refined but everything is there
View Quote
Good deal I think you will enjoy it. I like mine a lot so far. Thanks for the comments.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I have had excellent results with my PT 111 G2. Great pistol for the money. Then I stumbled across the TH9. I actually prefer hammer fired over striker fired guns. My interest was piqued. Then a customer came by the range with one and asked me if I would like to shoot it. I did. And I was VERY impressed. One thing I noticed immediately was the felt recoil was significantly less than I would have expected. I guess they got the ergos right, at least for me. Gun was accurate, went bang 100%, with zero malfunctions. As soon as RSR gets them back in stock I'll be ordering one. My other guns are getting jealous that they're seeing less range time.

Now to watch your video and see what your thoughts are.

ETA: If you're going to shoot the TH9 A LOT, I would recommend going to LakeLine LLC and ordering one of their Stainless recoil assemblies for the TH9. Around $30 give or take. The poly recoil assembly on my G2 was showing some noticeable wear after 1500 plus rounds fired, so rather than waiting for it to break, I bought the upgrade. And he's got a great deal on fiber optic sights for $40.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have had excellent results with my PT 111 G2. Great pistol for the money. Then I stumbled across the TH9. I actually prefer hammer fired over striker fired guns. My interest was piqued. Then a customer came by the range with one and asked me if I would like to shoot it. I did. And I was VERY impressed. One thing I noticed immediately was the felt recoil was significantly less than I would have expected. I guess they got the ergos right, at least for me. Gun was accurate, went bang 100%, with zero malfunctions. As soon as RSR gets them back in stock I'll be ordering one. My other guns are getting jealous that they're seeing less range time.

Now to watch your video and see what your thoughts are.

ETA: If you're going to shoot the TH9 A LOT, I would recommend going to LakeLine LLC and ordering one of their Stainless recoil assemblies for the TH9. Around $30 give or take. The poly recoil assembly on my G2 was showing some noticeable wear after 1500 plus rounds fired, so rather than waiting for it to break, I bought the upgrade. And he's got a great deal on fiber optic sights for $40.
View Quote

I think that you will really like the TH9 once you get one of your own and spend some range time with it. Over the years I have shot some of my friends pistols, but I did not feel comfortable with them. The biggfest reason is that I was nervious about handling a pistol that I was not ust to shooting and that was on loan. I like to do some dry fire practice at my home so I can see how the trigger feels.

Anyway I will look into the LLC Stainless recoil assemblies, Thanks for watching the video, and thanks for the comment with some good information. Check bcck soon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
So I finally got a chance to shoot mine this morning.
Attachment Attached File

I only put 50rds of Blazer 115gr FMJ through it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The SA trigger is a bit inconsistent and the gun shot high and to the left, just like the rental one shot.

However this thing has barely any recoil at all. That really impressed me.

The mags rattle which I found unnerving, no feeding issues but still that wigged me out a little.

All in all for $267 shipped Taurus did a pretty good job. This gun, PT92, G2C, G3, and TX22 are proof that they're at least trying now
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So I finally got a chance to shoot mine this morning.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200330_095713259_HDR_jpg-1342386.JPG

I only put 50rds of Blazer 115gr FMJ through it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200330_095030058_jpg-1342383.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142208/IMG_20200330_095027830_jpg-1342385.JPG

The SA trigger is a bit inconsistent and the gun shot high and to the left, just like the rental one shot.

However this thing has barely any recoil at all. That really impressed me.

The mags rattle which I found unnerving, no feeding issues but still that wigged me out a little.

All in all for $267 shipped Taurus did a pretty good job. This gun, PT92, G2C, G3, and TX22 are proof that they're at least trying now
View Quote

Yep.. Thought you would like it.. For the money its is a lot of of pistol. We are off this week for CV-19 and such, I am trying to get some good footage of a gouple of items for YouTube. Thanks for posting up the pics.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I like the one I just got in, but the daughter I bought it for (18th b-day gift) doesn't. So now I own a Tiffany Blue TH9 and my FEG Hi Power clone is still behind enemy lines.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like the one I just got in, but the daughter I bought it for (18th b-day gift) doesn't. So now I own a Tiffany Blue TH9 and my FEG Hi Power clone is still behind enemy lines.

View Quote

Wow sorry to hear that...Time for a trade in?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Wow sorry to hear that...Time for a trade in?
View Quote

I'll just keep it. I like it well enough and colors don't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Buy a $2 bottle of black RIT dye and boil the frame.  It works
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top