Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2021 3:50:05 PM EDT
anyone come up with better option then then pin surefire uses for battery on/off switch ?

It jingles around and looks horrible,  like it was quick fix or something
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean that little pin which the battery door hinges on? If so, I bought another new 300u last week (not sure when it rolled out of the SF factory) and it's the same crap design. I've had that pin walk right out before and not due to hard or abusive use.

I wish they'd just thread it, capture it, use a coil pin with a press fit...literally anything would be an improvement.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you mean that little pin which the battery door hinges on? If so, I bought another new 300u last week (not sure when it rolled out of the SF factory) and it's the same crap design. I've had that pin walk right out before and not due to hard or abusive use.

I wish they'd just thread it, capture it, use a coil pin with a press fit...literally anything would be an improvement.
View Quote

I think he means the little clip that acts as a backup to keep the latch closed.  Have no idea, it is annoying, but never thought to find another solution.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I found pin that'll work in my barn, I'm gonna tweak to make mo better  but its secure, doesn't  rattle or move around and won't fall out

Attachment Attached File

While, I haven't mounted the light yet, waiting on gun to arrive, its good point on "hinge pin", I'm gonna put drop of clear polish on each end, might help from walking if that is what's happening
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The clip serves it's purpose. Is it really that annoying?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The clip serves it's purpose. Is it really that annoying?
View Quote

Yes, yes it is,  bad design.  It only goes thru one hole and moves around,  will get easily pulled out and can't imagine what issues holsters will cause.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, yes it is,  bad design.  It only goes thru one hole and moves around,  will get easily pulled out and can't imagine what issues holsters will cause.
View Quote
Mine goes through both holes. Are military and LE having a problem with the clip?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine goes through both holes. Are military and LE having a problem with the clip?
View Quote

Have no idea, I don't like it. Whos to say they use the clip or even have them

The straight part of clip barely does thru both holes not the top part that is bent, it only engages one side. If yours is different id like to see pic
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Strange.   My 300 that I have had for 12 years as a duty light and on/off between duty/ccw thousands of times has not failed yet.

Sucks to hear of quality issues.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
If you don't like it, make a solid pin and drive it through. I feel like Surefire would have created a new solution if the clip was an issue, though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I've never bothered with it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've never bothered with it.
View Quote

Same here, don’t even know where it is.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#12]
5000+ rounds with a X300UB-H and I've literally never noticed the pin be an issue.  Being said that is a creative solution.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I removed mine as it caught on the inside of a holster. Additionally, it's unnecessary if you have the back of the X300 butted against the trigger guard. I used some small squares of electrical tape to stack up behind mine for a tight fit on my Glocks as I use the QD model of the X300 and it slides on its own from the mechanism. This way it doesn't slide and I get a positive manipulation of the switches.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Have no idea, I don't like it. Whos to say they use the clip or even have them

The straight part of clip barely does thru both holes not the top part that is bent, it only engages one side. If yours is different id like to see pic
View Quote

Same with mine.  A very thin cotter pin would work fine, which I have plenty of.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I own 6-8 X300Us and it’s never been an issue.

I only put the pin in on the lights I use on my rifles.... on pistols I don’t bother.

Tens of thousands of rounds through guns with no pin on the light and zero issues.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:36:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
anyone come up with better option then then pin surefire uses for battery on/off switch ?

It jingles around and looks horrible,  like it was quick fix or something
View Quote

Just cover it with a little piece of hockey grip tape. Stops the rattle, black tape blends in well with the light. Easy to remove.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#17]
You’re making a mountain out of a mole hill man. The clip serves its purpose and I guarantee that if you’re actually shooting your gun instead of fingering it you’ll never notice it.

Personally I always lost them somehow and never had an issue from now having one there. It’s not like the door can open up and the batteries fall out when mounted to a pistol.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#18]
OP, try less ocd and more shooting. Never had a problem with the latch, dont use the pin.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#19]
OP request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top