Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2020 6:02:35 PM EDT
I need to get some suppressor height sights for my G19? Who makes a decent set. Is it a job I can do or something best left to a gunsmith?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need to get some suppressor height sights for my G19? Who makes a decent set. Is it a job I can do or something best left to a gunsmith?
View Quote

Ameriglo or Rainier Arms make good and reasonably priced ones.  Take a look at some youtube videos on changing sights, it isnt hard but there are some nuances to get right so you do it correctly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Amerglo suppressor sights less than $100 installed.
They are swell..
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ameriglo makes a nice set.  Simple sight pusher for the rear and a driver for the front and some loctite.  
If you're near Cleveland, I can install them for you.  No charge.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ameriglo makes a nice set.  Simple sight pusher for the rear and a driver for the front and some loctite.  
If you're near Cleveland, I can install them for you.  No charge.
View Quote

Appreciate it, Im down near Columbus
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I use suppressor height XS Big Dots, tritium front and back.

10/10 would recommend
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have Trijicon, Ameriglo and Night Fision.

Night Fision's are the tallest and Ameriglo's the shortest.

All are good quality.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
What height is everyone using with an RMR for lower 1/3rd . Looking for a set for my 19 and notice alot of different options
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What height is everyone using with an RMR for lower 1/3rd . Looking for a set for my 19 and notice alot of different options
View Quote

I'm using a .315" front, and a .394" rear on my G19 MOS w/ FCD mounting plate. It's the GL-429 set from Ameriglo that are all black so they don't interfere with your RMR's sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm using a .315" front, and a .394" rear on my G19 MOS w/ FCD mounting plate. It's the GL-429 set from Ameriglo that are all black so they don't interfere with your RMR's sight picture.
View Quote

Is the MOS slide cut the same ( depth wise ) as a Grey ghost slide , or any other aftermarket milled cuts ?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is the MOS slide cut the same ( depth wise ) as a Grey ghost slide , or any other aftermarket milled cuts ?
View Quote

From what I understand, no. The RMR cuts are deeper than the MOS with the plate. I've heard the GL-429 height sights give a perfect lower 1/3rd co-witness with and RMR cut. With my MOS it's slightly less. Maybe lower 1/4 or somewhere in between. They are as far out of the way while still being usable as you can get IMO.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trijicon GL201-C-600661 are my go to sights. They are tritium sights, but they do not have the white outlines. Are you going to be using the factory MOS plates or an aftermarket plate?

This is a RMR Type 2 RM06 with the GL201 sights on a CHPWS V3 MOS plate. The CHPWS plates lower the sight a little more than the factory MOS plate, so just something to keep in mind.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Trijicon GL201-C-600661 are my go to sights. They are tritium sights, but they do not have the white outlines. Are you going to be using the factory MOS plates or an aftermarket plate?

This is a RMR Type 2 RM06 with the GL201 sights on a CHPWS V3 MOS plate. The CHPWS plates lower the sight a little more than the factory MOS plate, so just something to keep in mind.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145596/MOSRMRTRIJ_JPG-1390078.JPG
View Quote

No MOS , it's for a RMR milled Grey Ghost Precision  slide , with an RM01
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use suppressor height XS Big Dots, tritium front and back.

10/10 would recommend
View Quote

I have these.  Big fan of them.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No MOS , it's for a RMR milled Grey Ghost Precision  slide , with an RM01
View Quote

Then that would probably sit a little lower. I would look at the Ameriglo sights since you can choose your heights, although i think .394 is the shortest rear

Does anyone know whether the Ameriglo measurement is overall height or just height above the dovetail?
Ok, so i did some measuring. The measurement from Ameriglo is overall sight height, so the blade height will be shorter than the Trijicon sights.

GL201
Blade Height - .3735
Overall height - .441

Blade heignt - .3135
Overall height - .390

For comparison, these are Ameriglo Suppressor height sights with a RMR Type 2 RM06 on a CP V3 MOS plate. They will probably be better for use with a milled slide.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145596/MOSRMRTRIJ_JPG-1390078.JPG
View Quote

Quoted:
For comparison, these are Ameriglo Suppressor height sights with a RMR Type 2 RM06 on a CP V3 MOS plate. They will probably be better for use with a milled slide.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145596/AMG_JPG-1390759.JPG
View Quote

Thanks a lot for the comparison photos, that's very helpful for me. I have Trijicon's GL201-C-600658 sights (with the blacked out rear) mounted on a Brownells RMR-cut slide, and they obscure much more of the RMR window than I would like because of how low the RMR sits. I like the flared base of the Trijicon front sight - I figured it would make it a bit stronger if it got snagged on something - but the excess height really wastes a lot of the sight picture. This is a fuzzy photo, but it does a decent job of capturing my sight picture. I'm going to look at the Ameriglo sights as an alternative.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Then that would probably sit a little lower. I would look at the Ameriglo sights since you can choose your heights, although i think .394 is the shortest rear

Does anyone know whether the Ameriglo measurement is overall height or just height above the dovetail?
Ok, so i did some measuring. The measurement from Ameriglo is overall sight height, so the blade height will be shorter than the Trijicon sights.

GL201
Blade Height - .3735
Overall height - .441

Blade heignt - .3135
Overall height - .390

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145596/AMG_JPG-1390759.JPG
View Quote

Good info I was needing to know about, thanks for posting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top