Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2018 1:06:20 PM EDT
Looking for something to run my DA Ghost on. Would like to keep it around $1000.

So far have looked at the Remington R1 enhanced, and the kimber tle 2 with the rail(prefer a rail)

I have ruled out sig due to previous poor exprerence.

Any other recommendations or comments?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Dan Wesson Vigil.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
How is it with an aluminum frame for durability and recoil?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is it with an aluminum frame for durability and recoil?
View Quote
Al frames are gods gift to 1911's
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Russ I have 2 friends that suppress 1911s and they just happen to be the two you mentioned. We all bragged on the price to value ratio on the Remington until the Kimber was purchased new on Gunbroker for a steal. They only had about a $200 difference in their purchase prices and the Remington owner had buyers remorse at that price point.

They have both been flawless but if close in price we all agreed the Kimber would get the green light.

I have two Kimbers that have never had a problem but they sure do have a lot of detractors.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Kimber 1911 > Remington 1911 by about a million.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
DW blows away Kimber guys
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think anyone would argue against that.

When someone lists a price point I tend to stick to it.

If you can get a DW 1911 45 suppressor ready for around $1k don't look back.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
https://grabagun.com/cz-dw-vigil-45acp-blk-wd-sr.html

That is about as cheap as I have found the 45 9mm is a little cheaper worth the extra coin..
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#9]
For less than a grand you can get a nice blued S80 Colt and with the left over money, get a drop-in Ed Brown threaded barrel on sale from Brownells, and get to the same place...without the question mark of Kimber or Remington quality

Or a Colt Competition, etc

Yes, I'm a Colt fanboy They've got their lemons but they seem to be pretty consistent otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top