Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2020 9:08:56 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Got this 92S and was wondering what upgrades would be good for it? The trigger is heavy AF but I mostly shoot DA revolvers so its not as bad as it would be otherwise.
The Upper parts (Barrel/Slide/decocker etc) should be drop in replaceable with more modern parts right?

or should i just get a newer beretta?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
A "D" mainspring might help the trigger lighten-up.

Beretta makes a "G" conversion kit to change the safety to decock only (you may have to research to ensure it is compatible).

I never liked the safety as it was possible to accidentally engage it when performing failure drills (tap, rack, bang) or tap, rack, prepare to fire depending how old you are.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A "D" mainspring might help the trigger lighten-up.

Beretta makes a "G" conversion kit to change the safety to decock only (you may have to research to ensure it is compatible).

I never liked the safety as it was possible to accidentally engage it when performing failure drills (tap, rack, bang) or tap, rack, prepare to fire depending how old you are.
View Quote

haven't had the safety issue with this one yet as the lever is super stiff. will probably replace it though. its annoying having to undo it every time i de-cock.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Put a dot of high vis orange paint on the front sight. It's very hard to pick up without.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Put a dot of high vis orange paint on the front sight. It's very hard to pick up without.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/20200718_123516_jpg-1744186.JPG
View Quote

Some Nice italian fellow already did that for me . he also used a grease pencil to put the SN on every part of the gun and used a label make to put it on the mag floor plate. also got a lanyard.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO you should leave it " as is ".  The gun will be easier to resale in the further and will retain it's value.   If you want an " up graded " Beretta buy a new  92X
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IMO you should leave it " as is ".  The gun will be easier to resale in the further and will retain it's value.   If you want an " up graded " Beretta buy a new  92X
View Quote

Ditto.  

Waves of surplus come in and we always get the arguments they're cheap and plentiful so why not modify them.  A few years pass and we all look disgustedly at the now dried up surplus bubba jobs.

I have a 92S and it's not pristine, but it sits in the safe because I have more modern models for practical use.  OP I recommend you do the same, you will thank yourself later.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I enjoy shooting my 92S.

A part of me wants to cerakote or nickel-boron finish the thing. But then ... yeah, bubba'd.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I messed with one and looked at upgrades, but in the end, nothing made sense financially over just buying a modern 92.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
The Hogue grip is really nice in my opinion.

It's really not necessary, but I really dig the LaserMax laser guide rod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top