Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2021 4:04:20 PM EDT
I’ve got a gen 4 g22, and it seems like 4th gen guns are known for having a heavier trigger. However this issue seems to stem from a Lone Wolf conversion barrel.

After shooting about 100 rounds, the trigger begins to get extremely stiff...like NY trigger heavy. It won’t be like that for the first magazine or so, but after a couple mags it starts to stiffen up something fierce. It doesn’t do this when shooting .40, only with the conversion barrel in it. The barrel has been flawless, no problems except for the trigger issue.

Any idea what could be causing this?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Just my opinion but I don't know how there could be any way the barrel could effect the trigger at all.
Are you using 9mm magazines with 9mm rounds? The magazine sits right next to the trigger bar so once
the trigger starts getting stiff take off the slide and look at the trigger bar and check trigger function while magazine
is in (make sure magazine is out and gun unloaded before removing slide). Then reinsert magazine and check trigger function.
maybe magazine is putting pressure on trigger bar or getting in the way of full pull?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Oil the contact area between the connector and the trigger bar.

If this area ever gets bone dry, the metal will gall and the trigger can bind up.

It needs only a microscopic amount of oil to prevent this.

Sounds like that's what your guns doing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top