Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2022 2:42:44 PM EDT
Was wandering around the last show and stumbled across a somewhat unusual 82.  Three inch barrel and a lanyard ring on the oversize rubber grips.  CIA import from 2016, production 2002 I think.  My first thought was foreign cop gun of some sort.  Got it home and started studying it in more detail.   It has German proof marks.  This had has me a bit baffled.  No LE in Germany uses revolvers.  Three inch with lanyard ring would be an odd configuration for the civilian market.  French proof marks I could understand; French LE do use wheel guns to some extent.

Aside from a minimal amount of holster wear the finish is excellent.  The grips do show more wear than the metal.  

I am an absolute sucker for three inch barreled revolvers and even more so for guns with lanyard rings.  Put the two together and it's like crack to me.  I've only got $300 tied up in it so it's kind of a no harm no foul deal.  

Any thoughts/ideas?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
...and not a single picture!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:
...and not a single picture!!
View Quote

Posting pictures on this site is a pain in the ass.  Smith & Wesson Forum is much easier.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 7:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cwm1150] [#3]
Maybe used in the German prison system? You could take a pic with your phone and use the upload feature near the post button, very easy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe private security?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AASG:
Maybe private security?
View Quote

That's my best guess at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Back in 2018 I went on a cruise and Marseilles, France was one of the day stops.  We went to a few places and one of the things I noticed was the security guards carried revolvers.  I saw Mahnurin, Ruger Security/service 6, Taurus, Rossi , and S&W.  All had weird looking grips.  The French have to be unique I guess.  All .38 special.  I always try to strike up conversations with LE overseas.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 9over40:
Back in 2018 I went on a cruise and Marseilles, France was one of the day stops.  We went to a few places and one of the things I noticed was the security guards carried revolvers.  I saw Mahnurin, Ruger Security/service 6, Taurus, Rossi , and S&W.  All had weird looking grips.  The French have to be unique I guess.  All .38 special.  I always try to strike up conversations with LE overseas.
View Quote

The French use a lot of revolvers, somewhat unique for Europe.  I've got a Ruger SP-101 that came from the French Railway Police.  The grips were probably Trausch. French outfit, basically a one man show kind of like Tyler T-grips.  I don't think they're made any more.  They're great grips but hard to find in the states.  They never had an importer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AASG:
Maybe private security?

Did you get the PM I sent you?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

Did you get the PM I sent you?
View Quote

Yes I did. Thanks.   I rarely check the messenger feature.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MRW:
I came in here looking for photos and now I'm leaving angry.

OP is a pain the ass!
View Quote

So it posting photos on this board.  Smith and Wesson Forum is so much easier.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MRW:
I came in here looking for photos and now I'm leaving angry.

OP is a pain the ass!

Right-click the photo and copy the image address then paste it in the little window frame like you would for a youtube or twitter link.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top