Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2021 9:04:55 PM EDT
My main worry is if someone breaks in and steals the firearm.  Now you've a gun out in the wrong hands.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Welcome fellow gun enthusiast.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I worry more they'll steal the car and kill someone.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I worry more they'll steal the car and kill someone.  
View Quote

Too soon
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They make vehicle safes which bolt down to the chassis or have a braided steel tether that is bolted down. Usually they are installed in the trunk if you're vehicle has a trunk, that is.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
But then it won't be ready if you need it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
But then it won't be ready if you need it.
View Quote

Why wouldn't you have a gun on your person?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Unsure if that's legal while driving in FL.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I only take my gun off when I have to go in a courthouse or somewhere else with metal detectors where it’s illegal to carry. I keep a key locked gun vault cable locked to the seat frame under my drivers seat for such occasions. Fortunately, the vehicle drive also has a small hidden compartment u see the carpet in that location that’s big enough to hold the gun vault so it’s well hidden and secured.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I honestly don't wanna conceal carry cause the laws are lengthy and too hard to remember.  Would rather just store a piece inside the center console.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unsure of what, concealed carrying while driving?  Totally legal if you have a permit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Check this out:

Scottlockusa.com             the video shows how quick the access is and gives some of the interesting backstory.

I bought for myself and use the heavy cable around the seat post.  Single quick padlock of your choice  and weapon is ready without having to go to the trunk.  makes sense especially with how things are escalating along roads in the city.  The weapon stays covered by my dry cleaning bag and a pile of McDonalds and tacobell bags trash that accumulates over the week!!  :)  

Two cops own the company and  they have a new model called 'pro' that is just a bit smaller designed for 'civilian' use
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I honestly don't wanna conceal carry cause the laws are lengthy and too hard to remember.  Would rather just store a piece inside the center console.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Da fuq???
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#14]
For storage in a PFZ then yeah, get a car vault box safe option.    Otherwise keep it in your holster onbody the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#15]
User name checks out
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Rating troll. Has to be
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Depending on your vehicle there are small safes available that replace your center console.  It seems like they are usually only available for larger trucks or SUVs, if that describes your vehicle look into those options.  If not I would consider an under seat unit.  If you're worried about speed of access you could always unlock it when you're in the vehicle and lock it back up when you leave.  I don't think that it would take much longer to access it this way than it would from a center console.  You want it locked up if you're going to leave your pistol unattended, "your car is not a safe."  It's a cliche at this point but it is accurate.

As mentioned above I keep a safe under the driver's seat, secured with a cable to the frame of the seat.  I do CCW though so the only time that the pistol ends up there is if I'm entering a prohibited location.  

Good luck and keep looking.  You'll find a solution that fits your needs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
This is what I have in my truck.

Center Console Lock Vault
(15-20 F-150 w/ Flow-Through Center Console)
Item T533526-B

Save
Center Console Lock Vault (15-20 F-150 w/ Flow-Through Center Console)
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That IS concealead carrying...
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Since it's tech forums, I ain't gonna call it trolling.

Get your carry permit, learn the laws, and follow them.

The overwhelming majority of people with carry permits do not carry, especially not daily. It's a good thing to have for those times or situations, like vehicle carry, where it might otherwise not be allowed.

I do not know Florida law, so can't answer if it's even legal to keep it in your center console without a permit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different states have different laws, I do not know Florida law.

Some states, vehicle is extension of your home, and good to go without a permit, concealed or not.

OP needs to learn Florida law.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Pure troll.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

In Florida it is legal to carry a gun in the glove box at all times. (Not Readily Accessible)

Concealed Carry on the body requires a CWL.

As the State has preempted (Uniform throughout the State) the Firearm Laws you should just learn the law and abide by them.  I would suggest getting your CWL license and this will make your life easier while giving you legal status to carry your gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there a question in there somewhere, OP?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#25]
@GunRookie

Any updates for us? Have you researched laws in your area and found out how to get your permit?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@GunRookie

Any updates for us? Have you researched laws in your area and found out how to get your permit?
View Quote

I have a feeling he’s banned or not coming back.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@GunRookie

Last posted 3/12.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Posted again 3/25, I don't think he's coming back.

@gunrookie
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]
No permissions from the king in Oklahoma. You can carry where you want in out of the waist. Church says they prefer you not open carry but concealed is good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Unsure of what, concealed carrying while driving?  Totally legal if you have a permit.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top