Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 10:31:18 PM EDT
I have been looking to buy my first Hi Power for a few months.  Last week I got VERY lucky and found a lightweight Hi Power online for a steal.  The FFL advertised it as a Belgian police trade in with some Cylinder and Slide parts but after looking closely at the pictures I could see that C&S had actually done extensive work on it.  

The front and back strap were stippled and the gun refinished.  I could barely make out the Cylinder and Slide logo on the back of the slide and could not see that the gun actually was marked "Cylinder and Slide."  Wasn't sure what I was getting as I hit buy it now but I figured for under $1,000  I couldn't lose.  

Once it came into my FFL the owner remarked at how light it was and asked if it was one of the rare lightweight Hi Powers.  I did not know when I purchased it but sure enough it is.  Just a beautiful gun, the only thing I would have done different is leave the FCS off, but in person they look great.  

It looks like these were a catalogued item for Cylinder and Slide at some point: https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/3784
Does anyone have a similar gun?

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
With a nice set of Spegel grips on it as well. Thief!

Very nice acquisition.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, last August I got an almost nib, FÉG Model PJK-9HP Pistol  for $295 and thought I was lucky.  You win.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Always nice to catch the house slipping. Good find, OP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an Austrian gun that would look a lot better like that.  Wonder what the going rate and lead time is these days....
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I’d buy that for under a grand.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah that's a nice deal OP nice find

Looks fantastic
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been known to post a picture or two of an alloy or two.

At the approximate weight of a G19, what's not to like.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At the approximate weight of a G19, what's not to like.
View Quote
It's really fantastic.  Quite striking when you hold the frame.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice...

I've got an alloy one that is just begging to be sent off for some work.  I've already changed out the hammer for a high profile C&S Commander style and changed the safety out for a FEG extended safety.  Now it needs new sights and it's basically ready for a refinish.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice score OP!
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet.  Super sweet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top