Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2020 11:10:24 PM EDT
Gen 4 Hyve trigger dropped right in, no mods. Because the Hyve trigger has pre-travel adjustment I did have to let out some of the pre-travel to allow the trigger bar to have enough engagement on the drop safety "shelf." But, Yeah. The Stoger is basically an affordable Gen 4 Glock!

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Did it improve the garbage stock pull at all or no?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It did. Mostly in trigger comfort and a bit cleaner break. Still a bit heavy though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm newish to doing my own work, I actually just got my acceptance paperwork for gunsmith scholl. I'm about to "pull the trigger" on a sweet red and gold flat face trigger for my str-9c after seeing you post. What steps do I need to follow for "letting out" so it catches the drop safety? And is the install the same as what I would expect for my brother's glock 19?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The other question I have to ask is "Is the improved trigger good enough to justify the money you spent on the trigger?"

So far I've just been dry-firing mine a lot to break it in.  I also noticed that on one of them, if you lift up on the slide just a little bit when racking it, the reset doesn't kick in.  Swapping slides between frames eliminated that for the gun with the problem.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By medicman5000:
Gen 4 Hyve trigger dropped right in, no mods. Because the Hyve trigger has pre-travel adjustment I did have to let out some of the pre-travel to allow the trigger bar to have enough engagement on the drop safety "shelf." But, Yeah. The Stoger is basically an affordable Gen 4 Glock!

https://i.imgur.com/NXHMjdt.jpg
View Quote

Are the mags compatible, and if not; so any others work with it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CA_TX-Cop:

So far I've just been dry-firing mine a lot to break it in.  I also noticed that on one of them, if you lift up on the slide just a little bit when racking it, the reset doesn't kick in.  Swapping slides between frames eliminated that for the gun with the problem.
View Quote

I'm having the same problem with an Arex Delta.  Never happens while shooting, though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#7]
How about the mags?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
How about the mags?
View Quote

I have an STR9-c. I have found that I can cut a lock notch into an Arex Delta mag and it works perfectly.
I don't know if the longer Arex mag is the right length for a full size Stoeger. I don't have the gun to try.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:33:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#9]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

I have an STR9-c. I have found that I can cut a lock notch into an Arex Delta mag and it works perfectly.
I don't know if the longer Arex mag is the right length for a full size Stoeger. I don't have the gun to try.
View Quote

Third time I have heard arex delta mags working with a new notch. Apparently they work in Steyr pistols as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kwisak:

Third time I have heard arex delta mags working with a new notch. Apparently they work in Steyr pistols as well.
View Quote

A cheap Harbor Freight angle grinder does a perfect job in one cut. MArk the mag with a sharpie and c-clamp to the bench, and a quick touch and it's done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top