Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2019 5:12:33 PM EDT
Will mostly just be a grab and go kind of holster, sometimes pocket, sometime IWB.

I also was looking at Comfort Cling holsters, but  they don't have a size for the 365 available yet

Any input/experience with these would be helpful
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I have carried my p365 in the sticky for over a year every day. It’s worn, but it works. I don’t dig the kydex pushing into my skin. Once in place (4 o clock) it doesn’t move, and every draw keeps the holster in place. I’m a big fan, and about to buy another for the 365XL.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Before you choose either of those, this video might be worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7GrdjqRXk
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I laughed when he started prying his finger in from the back side of a king tuck, then even harder when his 'best' holster was something that
looked bigger than, and abou as stiff as a spade shovel

I went with a Remora  Gen II with the sweat guard. As a bonus they threw in a Target,
REMORA Micro Holster, Single Magazine holder, and a set of Quattro Corded Reusable Earplugs, all for FREE
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I predict that if you ever get any professional training, your Remora holster will go in the dumpster before the end of the first day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Used a Sticky for a year or so. Worked as advertised and was comfortable and light.

My biggest gripe was having to pull it out to re-holster during practice so I went with kydex for EDC. Still use one for my bodyguard when carrying in my pocket.

I will say that the Sticky protects the gun from lint way better than the kydex does.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I predict that if you ever get any professional training, your Remora holster will go in the dumpster before the end of the first day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm not an operator, operating operationally. It'll keep the lint out of my firearm.

Maybe I should carry my pistol in something 3 times the size of it, so it's more than obvious, and that  that carrying should be so damn uncomfortable,  that I don't bother?

Quoted:
Used a Sticky for a year or so. Worked as advertised and was comfortable and light.

My biggest gripe was having to pull it out to re-holster during practice so I went with kydex for EDC. Still use one for my bodyguard when carrying in my pocket.

I will say that the Sticky protects the gun from lint way better than the kydex does.
honestly, if I ever have to pull my weapon for fear of my life, the last thing I'm concerned about is re-hosltering

I already have 2 different leather OWB holsters for the pistol, I'm looking for a grab and go holster so I'm armed even when I have to make a quick trip to the store,
or to pick up my kid on a moment's notice
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Sticky holster for my P365 with this same idea in mind.  Sometimes I don't want, or have time, to swap belts, loop thru a holster, etc.  I can carry the pistol in this holster and it becomes a temporary case as well for when I am not wearing it and want to stash it in a backpack, inside the car, etc.  The video Rodent posted above is relevant here, because it says to make sure the holster holds the gun in any position.  A Sticky does not do this by itself.  For example, if you are using the holster as a case inside a backpack, you can pick up the Stick and the gun will fall out.  It might also not let you get a proper grip on the gun as it sits in the Sticky.  But yes, the Stick sure is convenient, and comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

honestly, if I ever have to pull my weapon for fear of my life, the last thing I'm concerned about is re-hosltering
View Quote
I practice a lot, and like to practice with whatever set-up I use. Re-holstering while practicing with a Sticky was a huge pia, so I went a different route.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I got the Remora on Monday, wanted to carry it for a few days to give an honest assessment.

I actually like it a lot.   I like the fact that I can easily move it around when going from walking, to
driving, or sitting at work.

I didn't have any problems with it slipping pr anything.  It actually hides really nicely as compared to
my OWB's (duh), and will be nice for summer time wear, and a quick grab and go
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#11]
TAM, on floppy holsters:

"You need to be able to re-holster the gun one-handed. This is not for any special ninjy reasons, but for safety. If you have to hold the holster open with one hand while you try and put the gun away with the other, there's practically no way to do it without pointing your gat at your own hand, especially if you're in a hurry or flustered, like you've just gotten off the phone with 911, say.

Even worse are the people I've seen who kinda force their flattened holster open by pressing the muzzle of their pistol sort of diagonally into their own love handle before wriggling the gun down into the holster. Imagine how that would play out: The bad guy's run off, the sirens are getting closer, the 911 operator tells you to put the gun away, and *BAM!* you shoot yourself right through both kidneys. That's a pretty serious social faux pas, right there.

The only safe way to re-holster using one of these things is to remove the holster itself from your waistband, get it onto the gun without pointing the pistol at yourself in the process, and then stuff the whole assemblage back where it belongs. Or you could, you know, just get yourself a holster that lets you put the gun away without endangering yourself."
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got the Remora on Monday, wanted to carry it for a few days to give an honest assessment.

I actually like it a lot.   I like the fact that I can easily move it around when going from walking, to
driving, or sitting at work.

I didn't have any problems with it slipping pr anything.  It actually hides really nicely as compared to
my OWB's (duh), and will be nice for summer time wear, and a quick grab and go
View Quote
Remora's and Sticky's rock in "grab and go" world.
Mine gets used a lot more than I ever thought it would.
If your only holster experience is in youtube land that's one thing. But in my real world go outside to see what the dogs are agitated about wearing boxers or sweats, yea it's helpful.
And it rides in my console or between the seat & the console in my truck very securely.
And it rides nicely in tucked or untucked AIWB (at the right angle for a N frame Smith) at church.
I love mine and I've done thousands of dry from the holster draws with the gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I have had a desantis pocket holster for a long time with my pf9. Brother decides to get a p365 and get cool points like little bother. So he orders an pocket holster, but a sticky. I switched promptly after.  I like the sticky ones. And in most cases it’s cheaper than the desantis ones I’ve bought.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Your holster is an incredibly important component of your force-multiplying capability. Don't cheap out on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
For a pocket holster I've used the Nemesis and the Sticky to great effect with a PM9 and now a P365. Working great.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Grab and go:
Vedder Lighttuck and enjoy
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Grab and go:
Vedder Lighttuck and enjoy
View Quote
I'm still not sorry for my pick. The Vedders look nice, but I don't want hard plastic
cutting into me while I get into my car and drive.

I move the remora to a cross draw front carry when I drive
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I love my expensive holsters, but I really like my Sticky holsters. Them being cheaper is just a perk. They’re great for grab and go type of holstering. I’m not going to get all holstered up just for a quick errand, some do, I don’t. If a convenient sticky holster keeps a gun on my hip when I otherwise wouldn’t have had one, I call that a win. I like pairing them with my micro .380’s which align with that quick and convenient philosophy.

For a regular holster though, I stick to regular on the belt clip setups, and carry at least a 10+1 9mm (and preferably a reload). Stickys  are a compromise. They trade a lot of rigidity, retention, and consistency for convenience. The sticky will be harder to train with (reholstering) and will definitely come loose easier than a traditional setup in a physical scenario. I still carry them but I carry a regular setup when it’s feasible. I would not use it as my preferred/regular setup.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm still not sorry for my pick. The Vedders look nice, but I don't want hard plastic
cutting into me while I get into my car and drive.

I move the remora to a cross draw front carry when I drive
View Quote
I use the Pocket Locker from Vedder and don't have any issues with the holster. I do have a pair of pants that won't hold up upright and try to tilt it forward though. But I don't wear those any more... Its actually really comfortable to wear.

And I like that it's easy to remove the gun holstered if need be. My Sticky holster was a huge PITA and always had me worried about a ND.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top