Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2020 12:07:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:32:23 AM EDT
[#1]
"World's ugliest gun"? Has he ever seen literally any Glock product?

I wasn't aware anyone made guiderods for the subcompact, but I've never heard of one of the guiderods having problems. That being said, yeah, it does seem flimsy... slightest force and it bends and flexes everywhere. Probably a waste of money though unless you plan to drop the pistol on hard surfaces with the slide locked back with some regularity. Beretta has much beefier in-house polymers readily available, so I'd imagine they'd have used them if there was any concern with durability.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see any need for it. For one thing, virtually all the force is applied in line with the guide rod, so it shouldn't be under any strain.
But changing it to something that is not flexible might cause issues with others parts of the firearm.
Just my observation.
I have had no problems with the guiderod in my Glock, so it doesn't seem like a fail point.
But I'm no expert.
And certainly no gunsmith.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top