Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2018 10:12:12 PM EDT
Are they worth the scratch?   Really tired of my single clip kydex holster. Moves a lot.

Any experiences, thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are they worth the scratch?   Really tired of my single clip kydex holster. Moves a lot.

Any experiences, thoughts?
View Quote
I have 6 stealthgear holsters, yes they are worth the scratch, they are the most comfortable holster I have worn.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Six? Ah ,err, well Sir you may have spent my money!  Thank you!
Tired of cheap (I shouldn't say that),  convenient uncomfortable holsters.  Have a Shield with a trl6 that I mainly carry.  Would love to comfortably carry it in all seasons.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had a Ventcore Mini (G43 with TLR-6) for about a year and a standard Ventcore (G19 with APLc) for about 9 months. I love them both - very comfortable and easy to put on / take off with their standard clips. The only minor issue I had was that one of the screws on the Mini that secures the shell to the backing worked itself out. I applied some Loctite and screwed it back in, and I haven’t had any issues since, but now I check the screws periodically to make sure none of them are loose (haven’t found any since). They’re having a 40% off sale right now, which takes a lot of sting out of the price.

I have to add that I didn’t have a good experience with their IWB double mag carrier I got for my G43. It has no way of actually retaining the mags other than the pressure of your belt squeezing them between the shell and backing, which in my case, actually causes the mags to pop back up and bounce around after you insert them into the carrier. Very disappointing. I need to follow up with them about that - they asked me to send them some photos when I emailed them about it, but I moved cross-country shortly after and forgot to reply back. I unfortunately don’t see any way that mag carrier will work out for me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup...worth every penny, to me anyway. ymmv
Years ago I went to Milt Sparks and TT gunleather dual loop holsters,
great holsters, but I really prefer the Ventcore.
I picked up a mini for my P10C close to a year ago and just got another
for a Shield a few weeks ago.
I generally carry 10-16 hr's a day, most comfortable holster yet, it's
light weight, breathes, has excellent retention, a lot of adjustment
and doesn't move...customer service has been very good as well.
Now I just have to get past the mental block of using one for a 1911.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies!  One reason I'm looking at this holster is to carry against the skin wearing just a t shirt over it.  My kydex holster is uncomfortable when wearing shorts and a t shirt, so I carry a pocket gun most of the summer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I wear the Stealthgear revolution, often against bare skin.  The backing not only has vents but is feels kinda like suede which no one expects.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wear the Stealthgear revolution, often against bare skin.  The backing not only has vents but is feels kinda like suede which no one expects.
View Quote
Yup, two of my SG's are revos. And although they are not 100 percent as comfortable as the ventcore, they are darn near 95 percent.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I wore a Ventcore against bare skin all summer...
more comfortable than any other holster, to me anyway.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The thing I love about this site, is the help making an informed decision on EVERYTHING!
Thank you!  Order placed!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Ventcore for my G19 for about a year or so and I just recently got another light bearing model for winter carry. My go to from here on. The polymer clips are tougher than the spring steel.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Arrived Wednesday.  Website stated 18 day lead time!  After adjusting for cant and ride height, this holster is the most comfortable I've ever used!
Wore it all day yesterday with my leather gun belt and wearing all day with my nylon gun belt. Perfect!  Had to adjust the retention and you can't cinch your gun belt too tight or you'll never get your firearm out of the holster.  Hides behind my hip great and is snug against my hip.  Wearing it under a t shirt today, yep comfortable.
Thanks again for the advise.  And yes, they are worth the scratch!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Arrived Wednesday.  Website stated 18 day lead time!  After adjusting for cant and ride height, this holster is the most comfortable I've ever used!
Wore it all day yesterday with my leather gun belt and wearing all day with my nylon gun belt. Perfect!  Had to adjust the retention and you can't cinch your gun belt too tight or you'll never get your firearm out of the holster.  Hides behind my hip great and is snug against my hip.  Wearing it under a t shirt today, yep comfortable.
View Quote
Woot, glad to hear it/ With their current sale it was a no brainer---I ordered my 7th holster from them, a OWB flex this time.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excellent!

I'd be curious about the Flex as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Another +1 for both the VentCore and Revolution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top