Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2022 3:19:09 PM EDT
Blued finish.  Good condition.   Is that a good price for a flip?  If not, I'll let it sit as I don't have any .45 guns anymore.  But, if I can make $200ish on it, I'll FO.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:27:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#1]
Mags and firing pins can be iffy. I think the FP's are due to dry firing.

Since the manufacturer is OOB, you'll have to search for anything needed.

Not bad pistols, heavy for the size but not bad shooters at all. I had the starvel 9mm one. Only thing it didn't like eating [no fire] was some really hard primered Arab stuff that came in 36 round boxes. [corrosive]

That's not all that much less then they were selling for new way back when.

And don't talk about buying just to sell if you don't have a FFL.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one in stainless , literally shot it self apart every time.

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:06:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sj586] [#3]
$275 is about what a blued one is worth. Starvel finish probably $300-$325.  At $275 there is no way you will make $200 on a flip.

I have one.  It is heavy and it shoots well because it is heavy.  The manual safety is easy to disengage, but hard to engage without changing your grip on the gun.  I disabled the magazine safety on mine.   I stocked up on factory magazines from gunparts.com and I think I bought the last they had.  Sometimes you can find off-brand magazines.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the other thing to remember about them is that they needed frequent recoil spring changes, like every 3 to 400 rounds or so... otherwise frame battering occurred and constant malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one new back in the day. Like others said, it shot well because it was heavy. I liked mine. Don't have it anymore, sadly. I do still have 2 factory magazines that are new.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 3:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Had one in stainless , literally shot it self apart every time.
View Quote
The shiny one was Starvel finish, similar to hard chrome.  I owned a blued and starvel .45.  Great shooters, but OP ain't going to make $200 on it unless he shoves two c-notes in the mag well.

I put a lot of rounds through them with no issues, never changed a single part.

I sold the last one to buy a P320.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top