Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2021 1:15:28 PM EDT
Hello all, I have a Staccato C2 DUO with about 800 rounds through it that is experiencing some safety to frame wear that I have not seen on another 1911/2011. I am new to the platform and wanted to get your guys' take on it. Staccato says it is normal. Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Production gun? Sure They can wear @ that point if the rear of the thumb safety (the side that rides closest to the frame) is not fit & dressed properly. Will likely wear to a point then stop.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Production gun? Sure They can wear @ that point if the rear of the thumb safety (the side that rides closest to the frame) is not fit & dressed properly. Will likely wear to a point then stop.
View Quote

Yes production gun. Thank you for the insight, seems like poor workmanship then.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol, sounds like sti.  I had a poor fitted safety on an alum framed guardian wear/gouge into internal area of frame.  Sti looked at it, said it wasn't fit properly by them, and said they wouldn't do anything about it.  Brand new pistol with a couple hundred rds on it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
For what that gun costs it should fit better.  RIA can do better than that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol, sounds like sti.  I had a poor fitted safety on an alum framed guardian wear/gouge into internal area of frame.  Sti looked at it, said it wasn't fit properly by them, and said they wouldn't do anything about it.  Brand new pistol with a couple hundred rds on it.
View Quote

They offered to recoat it and that's it. Seemed like the problem would come back until it was fit better. Sounds like poor customer service wow.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For what that gun costs it should fit better.  RIA can do better than that.
View Quote

That's my biggest issue with it is for the cost it should be better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You could pull that safety and clean up whatever’s causing that.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You could pull that safety and clean up whatever’s causing that.  

View Quote

You're correct, but then it would still need recoated, since the gun isn't that old I'm going to give Staccato another chance at fixing it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hello all, I have a Staccato C2 DUO with about 800 rounds through it that is experiencing some safety to frame wear that I have not seen on another 1911/2011. I am new to the platform and wanted to get your guys' take on it. Staccato says it is normal. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/DLphyQK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y82tVxY.jpg
View Quote

I'm a P Duo owner, and I would absolutely not accept that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm a P Duo owner, and I would absolutely not accept that.
View Quote

Thank you for the insight! I sent in a warranty request. I will keep this updated.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, they offered to re-cerakote it.  Sti's problem was they only cerakote the alum, no anodizing.  After they get frames back from cerakote, they file through the coating wherever needed for fitment.  Raw aluminum doesn't stand up to steel.  I was stunned when I found out frames are not anodized.  They rely completely on cerakote as a surface hardener.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They offered to recoat it and that's it. Seemed like the problem would come back until it was fit better. Sounds like poor customer service wow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who knows, They may fit the thumb safety properly before re-coating the frame.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Received a shipping label from Staccato to send the gun back to them for inspection/repair. Will report back when I have news.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:14:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, they offered to re-cerakote it.  Sti's problem was they only cerakote the alum, no anodizing.  After they get frames back from cerakote, they file through the coating wherever needed for fitment.  Raw aluminum doesn't stand up to steel.  I was stunned when I found out frames are not anodized.  They rely completely on cerakote as a surface hardener.
View Quote

Which it isn't- surprised they don't anodize then apply the cerakote over that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, or just leave black anodized frames black, since most of their singlestack lw frames were black.  Like I said, I was floored when I found out that was their procedure on aluminum frames. I actually asked him to repeat that again and asked him if he saw a problem with that....crickets.  I won't own another sti after that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am SO glad I did not get a lightweight frame now. They didn't not even bother to anodize the aluminum frame (important detail IMHO). Shocking they are marketing this as as shootable carry gun it will eventually eat itself
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got the gun back from warranty work. They cleaned up the frame and re coated it. They also cleaned up the back of the safeties as well. Gun looks brand new and the whole process took about 3 weeks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top