Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/23/2019 2:15:50 PM EDT
What’s with the hate for the XD’s? There’s a thread on gd that most think it’s a fudd gun and/or it’s a poor man’s glock wannabe! Please enlighten me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing wrong with an XD.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield has done some dumb s—t wrt to 2A.

That’s the only issue with an XD.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Something @ supporting a crap anti-gun bill in Illinois, right? Don't recall the specifics.

Think that plus the disdain for the "grip zone" on the newer models.  My first modern pistol was an XD and is my CCW.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
This, I love my XD's, but will not give them any more of my money due to their
bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]

The XD-40 Tactical in this image had roughtly 40,000 rds through it since I got it in 2005.  Its not without its flaws but it works and took me to B-class in USPSA.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Carry and xds and live shooting it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s just trash talking anything Springfield. XD is a great gun.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
There’s a ton of issues with the XD. That’s why it’s trash talked. Multiple recalls, magazine issues, grip safety’s failing etc.

It’s a junk gun. The LGS I work part time at can’t get rid of them. No one wants them.

The sheriff department for my county (I work for a different department my wife is a deputy at this department) issues XD-M in .40. Probably one of the shittiest guns I’ve ever shot. There isn’t a single deputy that likes it. They’ve petitioned the sheriff to get them different guns since they jam and malfunction all the time. Unfortunately they have a contract with Springfield.

Another major issue is the magazine springs. The sheriff department has to replace every deputies magazine spring once a year as they fail when the magazine has been loaded to long. That is Springfields “fix” that was told to their armorers by the springfields reps. My wife went to qualify the other day as they have to 2 times a year. Both her mags jammed. Out of the 10 deputies on her range day 5 had issues with magazines. Again, you have to replace the magazine springs once a year, but this happened within 8 months.

The deputies are asked to not use their duty magazines for range practice since it’ll degrade the springs faster.

What a fucking joke. It’s a junk ass gun.

The only people who like XD’s are ones who don’t have more than 2,000 rds through them. The sheriff department has YET to have an XD go past 12,000 rds without breaking apart. Easy job for a Glock or HK.

I feel bad for my wife and deputies who have to carry that piece of shit. None of them feel safe with it. None of them like it. I would never trust my life to it. The sheriff regrets getting them and is excited to switch out when they can. They will not be going back to Springfield. That’s for sure.

They used to carry HK P7’s before the XD FYI

EDIT I forgot to mention my time at the gun shop. We see these guns coming in ALL the time as so many people have issues. Always asking for trade in. We don’t take them anymore because no one buys them used. No one wants them. We can’t sell them and lose money. We ran a promotion on them to include a free case and two extra magazines for free. Still no one wanted them lol.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Start with the misleading marketing. They start a company with the same name as the defunct government arsenal. No relation, no tooling, workers, anything from the real one. They call themselves “The First Name in American Firearms” and sell clones of what the real on did. But most of their stuff isn’t American made.

Then they stumbled into the HS2000. Wasn’t selling, because it was priced appropriately. Change the name of the line to XD and jack up the price, suddenly suckers think it’s a great gun. Cuz it’s no longer a cheap Croatian gun. Only it still is. Still not American firearms.

Then they form the Illinois Firearm Manufacturing Association (IFMA) with Rock River and lobby to get carve outs in exchange for supporting anti-gun legislation. They get exposed and quit their own organization saying they didn’t know what the org was doing. Still only a fraction of their firearms are American made.

So I consider the whole company dishonest. You wanna call it clever marketing and political wrangling?  Whatever. Not a cent of my money.

Oh the XD line isn’t terrible, per se. But there’s a lot of better options out there. A lot. But it’s priced cheap enough to feel like a deal but not so cheap that people feel they’re buying an inferior product. Even so, you’re overpaying and just don’t know it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]
No issues with either of my XD pistols, I have the .45 ACP Tactical and the .40 S&W Tactical. Can honestly say I've NEVER had one single jam in either pistol.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought an older (but new in the box) XD Tactical 5" .45 acp with thumb safeties last fall.

Shoots better groups than my XDM 9MM 5.25" Competition pistol or my M&P 9MM FS (1.0).  I've got over $700 (405 for the pistol, 160 for the Apex trigger kit and 190 for the Apex barrel) in my new M&P 2.0 5" FDE 9MM and it's now shooting groups about like my $285 XD 5" Tactical .45 acp.

My XDM/XD's have never jammed.  I can't say that for my Glock.  I've never had a failure to fire with the XD/XDM.  I can't say that for my M&P 1.0's.

I'm really a CZ guy (EDC = P07 in .40 S&W that shoots rings around all the above mentioned pistols) but I do sample other pistols sometimes.

Oh, and the only magazines I've had fail are M&P magazines.  Just replaced the springs in 6 of them a couple days ago with Wolf +10% springs when they stopped locking the slide back after the last round.

So, I have no idea why people bad mouth XD/XDM's.  Two of my 3 (the XDM 3.8" 9MM and the XD 5" .45) are good shooters.  I guess I just got "unlucky" with the 5.25" Competition pistol.  It really should shoot better groups than it does.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's a ton of issues with the XD. That's why it's trash talked. Multiple recalls, magazine issues, grip safety's failing etc.

It's a junk gun. The LGS I work part time at can't get rid of them. No one wants them.

The sheriff department for my county (I work for a different department my wife is a deputy at this department) issues XD-M in .40. Probably one of the shittiest guns I've ever shot. There isn't a single deputy that likes it. They've petitioned the sheriff to get them different guns since they jam and malfunction all the time. Unfortunately they have a contract with Springfield.

Another major issue is the magazine springs. The sheriff department has to replace every deputies magazine spring once a year as they fail when the magazine has been loaded to long. That is Springfields "fix" that was told to their armorers by the springfields reps. My wife went to qualify the other day as they have to 2 times a year. Both her mags jammed. Out of the 10 deputies on her range day 5 had issues with magazines. Again, you have to replace the magazine springs once a year, but this happened within 8 months.

The deputies are asked to not use their duty magazines for range practice since it'll degrade the springs faster.

What a fucking joke. It's a junk ass gun.

The only people who like XD's are ones who don't have more than 2,000 rds through them. The sheriff department has YET to have an XD go past 12,000 rds without breaking apart. Easy job for a Glock or HK.

I feel bad for my wife and deputies who have to carry that piece of shit. None of them feel safe with it. None of them like it. I would never trust my life to it. The sheriff regrets getting them and is excited to switch out when they can. They will not be going back to Springfield. That's for sure.

They used to carry HK P7's before the XD FYI

EDIT I forgot to mention my time at the gun shop. We see these guns coming in ALL the time as so many people have issues. Always asking for trade in. We don't take them anymore because no one buys them used. No one wants them. We can't sell them and lose money. We ran a promotion on them to include a free case and two extra magazines for free. Still no one wanted them lol.
View Quote
Can you describe the observed malfunctions?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Which ones? Already went to detail in it pretty well. There’s a list of them though.  It saddens me to see people wasting their money on it. But to each their own.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#14]
XDs are great IME
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Which ones? Already went to detail in it pretty well. There's a list of them though.  It saddens me to see people wasting their money on it. But to each their own.
View Quote
You cited a magazine problem (for which you did provide some detail) and that the guns are "breaking apart" at 12,000 rounds. You also referred to "jams."

As this is a technical forum, I would appreciate it if you could describe specific instances of "breaking apart" and "jams" and what you mean by that.

ETA: I am pressing because I have seen a lot of guns have all sorts of failures. How people "feel" about a gun means nothing to me. I like to see facts--stories of actual failures of course count. I have worked at a couple of gun stores, and while the XD is not popular, I can't even think of a single failure (at least with the original version).
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an XD9 sc for about 3 years. I haven’t had any mag problems, grip safety problems or ftf’s. But that’s just my personal experience. The range where I work as an RSO rents glocks, xds and other pistol makes, I haven’t seen any problems with any of the rental guns either, but then again I have a  couple of 1911 .45s also, so maybe I’m beyond help.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You cited a magazine problem (for which you did provide some detail) and that the guns are "breaking apart" at 12,000 rounds. You also referred to "jams."

As this is a technical forum, I would appreciate it if you could describe specific instances of "breaking apart" and "jams" and what you mean by that.

ETA: I am pressing because I have seen a lot of guns have all sorts of failures. How people "feel" about a gun means nothing to me. I like to see facts--stories of actual failures of course count. I have worked at a couple of gun stores, and while the XD is not popular, I can't even think of a single failure (at least with the original version).
View Quote
Magazine issues as stated above, this could just be a .40 issue.

Grip safeties breaking. When depressing the grip safety it either won’t allow the shooter to pull the trigger or the safety is disengaged and doesn’t do anything.

Ejectors breaking very early in the pistols life cycle, causing FTE and stove pipes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Grip safeties breaking. When depressing the grip safety it either won't allow the shooter to pull the trigger or the safety is disengaged and doesn't do anything.

Ejectors breaking very early in the pistols life cycle, causing FTE and stove pipes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grip safeties breaking. When depressing the grip safety it either won't allow the shooter to pull the trigger or the safety is disengaged and doesn't do anything.

What is very early? And is this just XDM's in 40? Or is that just the magazine issue?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which ones? Already went to detail in it pretty well. There's a list of them though.  It saddens me to see people wasting their money on it. But to each their own.

Yeah my mag was loaded all the time and it wouldn't lock the slide back. But I did buy a lot of them for $15 each so
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought an XD .45 in 2007. I've never had a single issue with it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Funny, I've never seen one fail in a match but I have seen Glocks choke. I know people feel the need to change parts in both brands but thats my observation. IMO, the XD XDM line just works, and that pisses people off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:17:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I've had XD45s since they came out and they've been 100% reliable with no function or breakages.  The same with an XDS, and for the last few yrs have had XDMs that I run at my local IPSC club. No issues there and the XDMs just run and run, one without cleaning for two seasons as a stress/function test.

Picked up an XDM 10 last year as my woods gun and it shoots better than my old G20s.

Not saying anyone else has had issues but the lack of documented reports doesn't give me much faith in the folks that don't like them

And SA disavowed the IL issues right off due to a lobbyist not on the same page as the company.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Funny, I've never seen one fail in a match but I have seen Glocks choke. I know people feel the need to change parts in both brands but thats my observation. IMO, the XD XDM line just works, and that pisses people off.
View Quote
I have a Springer XD45, and XDm 45 and a Milspec 1911 of course in 45. I bought the MilSpec dirty and not shooting well.
Works fine after a cleaning, Go figure
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There’s a ton of issues with the XD. That’s why it’s trash talked. Multiple recalls, magazine issues, grip safety’s failing etc.

It’s a junk gun. The LGS I work part time at can’t get rid of them. No one wants them.

The sheriff department for my county (I work for a different department my wife is a deputy at this department) issues XD-M in .40. Probably one of the shittiest guns I’ve ever shot. There isn’t a single deputy that likes it. They’ve petitioned the sheriff to get them different guns since they jam and malfunction all the time. Unfortunately they have a contract with Springfield.

Another major issue is the magazine springs. The sheriff department has to replace every deputies magazine spring once a year as they fail when the magazine has been loaded to long. That is Springfields “fix” that was told to their armorers by the springfields reps. My wife went to qualify the other day as they have to 2 times a year. Both her mags jammed. Out of the 10 deputies on her range day 5 had issues with magazines. Again, you have to replace the magazine springs once a year, but this happened within 8 months.

The deputies are asked to not use their duty magazines for range practice since it’ll degrade the springs faster.

What a fucking joke. It’s a junk ass gun.

The only people who like XD’s are ones who don’t have more than 2,000 rds through them. The sheriff department has YET to have an XD go past 12,000 rds without breaking apart. Easy job for a Glock or HK.

I feel bad for my wife and deputies who have to carry that piece of shit. None of them feel safe with it. None of them like it. I would never trust my life to it. The sheriff regrets getting them and is excited to switch out when they can. They will not be going back to Springfield. That’s for sure.

They used to carry HK P7’s before the XD FYI

EDIT I forgot to mention my time at the gun shop. We see these guns coming in ALL the time as so many people have issues. Always asking for trade in. We don’t take them anymore because no one buys them used. No one wants them. We can’t sell them and lose money. We ran a promotion on them to include a free case and two extra magazines for free. Still no one wanted them lol.
View Quote
Lol is right. I bet we could go to any organized pistol match and I'd make you look silly with my junk gun and you with your really good gun that isn't a junk gun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Clunky junky and funky. Hi Points go boom, but they are so unrefined, I wouldn't want one. Not to mention Grip Zone.

All you have to do is ask yourself, "Is an XD significantly better or cheaper than many or any other striker fired poly guns?" The answer of course is no, it's not so why on earth would you choose one unless it was a major bargain or for some reason you just prefer it.

I'm not saying they don't shoot, but I am saying they are unrefined, goofy, clunky and too damn expensive for what they are.

I mean, damn- why choose one over a Walther, CZ, Ruger, Sig or you name it, I have no idea. Find one used for $250, sure! Go get one new? No effing way with the selection we have out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Clunky junky and funky. Hi Points go boom, but they are so unrefined, I wouldn't want one. Not to mention Grip Zone.

All you have to do is ask yourself, "Is an XD significantly better or cheaper than many or any other striker fired poly guns?" The answer of course is no, it's not so why on earth would you choose one unless it was a major bargain or for some reason you just prefer it.

I'm not saying they don't shoot, but I am saying they are unrefined, goofy, clunky and too damn expensive for what they are.

I mean, damn- why choose one over a Walther, CZ, Ruger, Sig or you name it, I have no idea. Find one used for $250, sure! Go get one new? No effing way with the selection we have out there.
View Quote
Lol, that's funny. Compare everything you own to that same standard and upgrade immediately !
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#27]
My CCW pistol is a XD-9 with 10k rounds through it. It has been to multiple pistol classes and has been my sidearm for 2 rifle classes.

It has been to the Springfield custom shop to get their “carry package” done, 4.5 pound trigger from PRP. Then I installed XS big dots.

I own 2 XDs one for training and one I just bought NIB for $280, that just got back from Springfield custom for the carry package, to carry after I put 1k rounds through it to ensure reliability.

IME, the standard XD-9 service model is bombproof
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you don't own one, but here you are talking out of your ass...

The large frame XD is significantly better than Glocks in terms of ergonomics, that is for sure

The small frame ones are in the 300 range, which make them a steal

I got over 20 Glocks, but love the XDs
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't have any experience with the base XD but I have 2 XDMs and an XDS, and they have all been 100% reliable. My 3.8 I have at least 8k rounds through. Still shoots perfectly and I can not remember ever having a single stoppage in 8k+ rounds. My 5.25 is newer so only have maybe 3k through it now but it is also amazing with zero issues (only stoppages were when I loaded ammo too long this last batch and buried the projectile into the lands...not the pistol's fault). My XDS only has maybe 1-2k through it but it's an excellent little shooter too, and again cannot remember a single stoppage. I've been happy with their ergonomics, reliability, and I dig the 19+1 so I've never seen a reason to get anything different. I want a 10mm just for the heck of it. When I make the purchase I'm all but certain it will be an XDM.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The large frame XD is significantly better than Glocks in terms of ergonomics, that is for sure
View Quote
This is factual & accurate  ^^^
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#31]
While I think the "Grip Zone" is a really bad idea, the pistol itself is really comfortable to hold and shoot. The trigger is smooth and an ambi-mag release to boot. I don't believe it to be inferior in any way to any other gun out there. They are solidly built and a great bargain.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a glock and an XD.  Both are great, i guess it's just cool to hate them.

but the grip-zone is dumb.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I've owned several XDs, an XDM and a few XDSs. None of them malfunctioned and were quite accurate. My only issue was the roll pin that locks the striker in the slide. I like to fully tear down the slides on my firearms and don't like the fact that I need to knock out a roll pin every time I do it. It's also something that will eventually need replacing for one reason or another if you shoot it enough. The XDS and now Hellcat are a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#34]
I have an XDs in 40 that is my nightstand gun.  NY has some really retarded capacity laws and I wanted a low cost striker fired 10 or less round magazine capacity low round count gun that ate any SD ammo I fed it.  Another consideration was that I wouldn't be too upset if it were confiscated by the PD if God forbid I had a SD shooting.

Mine eats anything, goes bang everytime the "S" in 40 is snappy for sure but if I'm shooting it for real its at something I figure is 20' or less away from me.  It would break my heart to watch a cop have to confiscate one of my colts, Kimbers, Sigs, or competition CZ's.  I like mine and its a good gun...
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I've had an XD-9 4" since around 2003 and its been amazingly reliable with every type of ammo or magazine I can put in there.  Even modified Beretta 92 mags work great.  Bought an XDs-9 3.3" a few years back since it was on sale and it has also been totally reliable.  I prefer the grip angle on this to a Glock.  Feels great in my hands.

However I couldn't give them any more money these days after their IL shenanigans.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I broke my trigger bar in the 20k round count range on a first gen xd40. Never broke the roll pin everyone else used to complain about. Have the same dozen spare pins over a decade later.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#37]
No issues whatsoever with my XD.  I've carried about every platform (Glock, Beretta 96G, BHP40, Sig SP, Sig P229, 1911, etc..) in my LE career at Muni and state level (and as a federal contractor) and the XD is a Glock with more metal parts, parts which should be metal; trigger, mag release, mag body, sights.  Built like a tank and the finishes are better than what currently comes on a Glock.  Never a spot of rust on mine even though it routinely gets wet from sweat in Houston humidity. Stock trigger is better than any stock Glock I've carried (owned G27, G22 which were carried as duty weapons, issued G19 for duty).  No mag spring issues and I carry both OEM and MecGar enhanced mags.  Have upgraded the striker retaining pin, sights, and installed a flat trigger (to accommodate a mangled trigger finger)... It's an alternative to a Glock, I liked the form factor, weight and reliability of the G19 but didn't like the grip/trigger ergonomics. Bought mine from a forum member years ago...

Link Posted: 10/22/2019 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Full-size XD45 is my night stand gun.  I used to sleep with it under the pillow next to me but, in my sleep once, I gripped it and pulled the trigger.  Luckily, no one was injured and no real damage done (slug embedded itself in the laundry room steel door).  I keep it inside my night stand now.  After the accidental discharge, the gun cycled under the pillow and reloaded.  Can't get much better than that for reliability!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Funny, most people who actually own the XD and XDM series pistols seem to have had little to zero issues with them, while those who have not owned one seem to have had nothing but problems with them. LOL.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Funny, most people who actually own the XD and XDM series pistols seem to have had little to zero issues with them, while those who have not owned one seem to have had nothing but problems with them. LOL.
View Quote
Seems like the norm.  They were told there are massive,endless issues, and this gun is junk, which quickly becomes fact especially if they like a different brand.  Now they can thump their chest a bit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Unfortunately this forum tolerates the fanboyz hate too much.  All of the major brand plastic guns are very capable and reliable.

I've spent many thousands of rounds through XD's without a single issue and that mirrors the experience of countless others who actually have XD's and shoot many rounds through them

The only somewhat valid hate I can see is Springfields apparent support of additional gun laws.  IIRC, S&W a few years back was less than friendly as well. The noose is tightening all around

Another point of contention seems to be the grip safety. Honestly, I find it to be as transparent as the so-called trigger safety found on the XD's as well as Glocks.

I look at all of the brands of pistols.  I already know they will all reliably go bang when I pull the trigger. My next primary concern is my natural point of aim.  Close your eyes and aim etc. Should be on target.  The XD Mod2 series do just that better than any other model pistol.  If it wass a Glock or a Smith that gave me my best point of aim I'd be using one of them. Everyone will have a different experience with this and I suggest you test.

My advice is when people start being fanboyz and hating on anything, do your own due diligence. It's not hard to spot the fanboyz.....even the well written ones. :P
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#42]
XD-40, XD45, XD45 Tactical, XD-45c, and an XD9sc, along with an XDm9 3.8,

I have had magazine spring issues with a couple of the 3.8 mags, where they locked the gun open before, but then started not locking it open, have not had that same issue with any of the others.

I've carried the tactical on duty for over 8 years now, 4 qualifications a year, plus NRA matches, several 3 guns, and private shooting as well, no issues.  I don't keep a round count book, but basic math puts it around 7,500 rounds.  Unless the gun store employee with the wife for a deputy has a department that shoots every month, I don't see how ANY of their guns are at 12,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you have an educated opinion based on first hand facts be specific. And please don't just regurgitate other haters misinformation.

"Clunky and junky"?  Sounds like an O.J. attorney's line.  And you ask your question backwards....are the other brands significantly better or cheaper than the XD? The obvious answer is no.

Of course they shoot and they do it reliably. What specifically is unrefined and what are you comparing to?   It's obvious in your post and with your verbiage you simply don't like them.  That's okay if you get triggered by Springfield XD's but hopping on a hate wagon making vague statements counter to actual owners real world experiences really doesn't carry much weight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#44]
I own practically every major brand of semi-auto and revolver.  My night stand gun is my XD45.  14 rounds at my disposal and I have no fear what-so-ever that it will fail to do its job.  I could have any other brand for my night stand gun but I choose the XD45.  It has never failed me.  I sleep well each and every night knowing that me and my wife are protected.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#45]
I would not want a gun with a grip safety, it’s not needed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I owned a standard XD 45.  It carried well and for a 45 had great magazine capcity.  Sold it because that other gun in the case looked better.  Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it because it carried well inside the waistband.  I didn't have an issue with it, but I only put about 2,000 rounds through it.  Noticed on some of the pictures in this thread that the trigger pins look like they are getting rusty.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#47]
The only thing I don't like about my XD .45 is that there are no aftermarket mags for it like there are with the .40 and 9mm. The factory mags are a bit spendy, when you can find them in stock. I don't understand why Mecgar makes mags for the other calibers but not the .45. It's not like the .45 is not a popular model or is relatively new. Some kind of licensing issue, perhaps?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#48]
We will likely sell out of Springfields this week.  Interestingly, the .45 Springfields are selling better than the M&P Gen 1 Compacts in .40 S&W.  Likely only the .45 GAP will remain on the shelf, at least until I can get a box of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Seems like the norm.  They were told there are massive,endless issues, and this gun is junk, which quickly becomes fact especially if they like a different brand.  Now they can thump their chest a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience as well.  I have had 2 XDs over the years.  Both early production guns, an XD service 45acp and an XD subcompact 9mm.  Both have several thousand rounds through them without issue.  The subcompact is gone now as my ex took it with her.  The 45 is still a joy to shoot and serves as one of our HD guns.  No issues with either of them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Had two XD45, down to one. That one is a 4” model.  Only about 1500 rounds thru it, and I bought it used.   Always works, always accurate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top