Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2017 9:07:40 AM EDT
Is there a Trijicon HD or Ameriglo Pro-Glo front sight that fits a TRP?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#1]
From Trijicon:

Thank you for your interest in Trijicon® products. At this time, we do not offer any sights compatible with the SA TRP line of pistols. We will note your inquiry, as there have been others. Please contact us if we can assist in another capacity.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Folks on the 1911forum say you can send the slide to Springfield Armory Custom Shop and they’ll install them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Folks on the 1911forum say you can send the slide to Springfield Armory Custom Shop and they’ll install them.
View Quote
Thanks.  I was out shooting the TRP this afternoon in dim light.  I could barely see the front sight.  I really need a replacement front sight like the Trijicon HD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is there a Trijicon HD or Ameriglo Pro-Glo front sight that fits a TRP?
View Quote
I put one on my TRP Operator. Loose, wouldn't stay in place out of the package.

I always thought that these pistols were Novak cut. Kind of sucks to be limited to Springfield sights.

I shimmed it and used epoxy to keep it in place once it was centered. It's been that way for a year now, no issues.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Try Kensight.  They make a standard white outline and HD style front sight to fit Springfield front sight cuts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up going with a Dawson front sight.  It’s still 6 o’clock but not quite so high now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top