Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2018 12:50:40 PM EDT
I'm counting down the days until I can pick up my Pro and have been shopping for my first range trip home.

The pistol comes with 6 tuned mags, but what is the consensus on their operation? I'm fine loading 7 rounders, I'll have 6, but am I wasting good money buying CMC/Wilson mags from the start or should I just add them in later as time goes on?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want more than six buy some more.

If you are wanting to buy some because you are worried that the supplied mags won’t work then your worries are misplaced.

I would never call adding mags or ammo wasting money though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
CMC and Tripp will most likely serve you well. they have run well in everything I've tried before, all without tuning. CMC is about it for 10 round mags if you're into that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The mags that come with it are very reliable mags but the baseplates break pretty easily.

Be easy on your slide-lock reloads and they’ll be fine for awhile.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The mags that come with it are very reliable mags but the baseplates break pretty easily.

View Quote
Is there a recommended replacement for the base plates, or use until they break and replace the whole mag?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you want more than six buy some more.

If you are wanting to buy some because you are worried that the supplied mags won’t work then your worries are misplaced.

I would never call adding mags or ammo wasting money though.
View Quote
More or less concerned about them holding up. If I can put off buying magazines, that's more for ammo.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there a recommended replacement for the base plates, or use until they break and replace the whole mag?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think any other baseplate will fit ‘em.   The mags are Check-Mate wadcutter lip with removable baseplate.

The best 45 mags I’ve used are Wilson 47+p and ETM HD+p.  I’d just go with those.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally wouldn’t worry about the mags anytime soon......just shoot, lube and repeat.

Congrats on the new pro. They are legit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don’t think any other baseplate will fit ‘em.   The mags are Check-Mate wadcutter lip with removable baseplate.

The best 45 mags I’ve used are Wilson 47+p and ETM HD+p.  I’d just go with those.  
View Quote
Concur with this. The Wilson 7rd HD mag is shit hot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I run Wilson ETMs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 2:14:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I've only got 400 rounds through my Pro so far, but with 47D's, ETM's, and the OEM mags, I've had zero issues.

In my experience with Les Baer, which absolutely hated Wilson 47D's, if a particular pistol doesn't like a particular type of mag, it'll tell you right away.

This is my second Pro, and they just run.  Dry, wet, clean, dirty, whatever.

I need to decide on a carry load.  I'll probably run Winchester Ranger 230's.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#12]
If a 1911 is built right, and Pros are, they’ll work with any mag.

The mags that come with the Pro feed great.   I think they’re among the most reliable mags out there, I’ve just broken a bunch of ‘em.  The baseplates split along the groove where they slide onto the mag. Springfield would always replace ‘em free, but I got tired of the hassle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I own a couple TRPs, Colts, Springer LW, Nighthawk and a second NH Warhawk on the way.

For my money.... and 25+ years of shooting and competing with 1911s I’d go Wilson ETM or Tripp mags
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Your way over thinking it. The Pro is perfection out of the box.
Pull the slide back, put a drop of oil on the lube points,
And go shoot it with some good quaility ammo.

Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Your way over thinking it. The Pro is perfection out of the box.
Pull the slide back, put a drop of oil on the lube points,
And go shoot it with some good quaility ammo.

View Quote
Haha, that's all I can do is think about it.

Down to double digits, XX and a wakeup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top