Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2023 10:43:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin50cal]
I ordered a Springfield Prodigy 5" from Battlehawk Armory, I was at my FFL when it arrived and when we opened it the 20rd mag was used and had 20-4a written on the back with white marker? There is no phone contact# for them so I sent a message on their website. I have ordered from them before without issue. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and will keep you all posted.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
How do you know Springfield didn’t do it?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Shady dealer. Dealt with “in stock” that weren’t. Tried to cancel and they refused to do so unless “re-stocking” fee was deducted. Charged that shit back and then I wrote them off. Not surprised to see them pop up in a negative light.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
A used magazine is likely to be the least of your problems with a Prodigy.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Received a response from Battlehawk:

Hi Sir,

These are all brand new and never opened, after a firearm and it's accessories have been transferred we do not offer further support.  You will need to contact the manufacturer Springfield Armory to deal with this issue.

Thank you

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ronin50cal:
I ordered a Springfield Prodigy 5" from Battlehawk Armory, I was at my FFL when it arrived and when we opened it the 20rd mag was used and had 20-4a written on the back with white marker? There is no phone contact# for them so I sent a message on their website. I have ordered from them before without issue. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and will keep you all posted.
View Quote

Factory test fire mag that got mixed up in the final QC pre shipment process?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure about white paint pen, but I know DSA test fires with the magazine that ships with the rifle.  Why test the firearm without testing the mag too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#7]
I’m fairly certain Battlehawk is a website for nothing more than drop-shipping.  Could be wrong, but if that’s the case, they likely never even touched the firearms themselves.  The order is just processed through their website and transmitted directly to the distributor who ships the product.  I know the few items I’ve purchased through them definitely appear to have been shipped from a distributor.

Taken in that light, I’m not shocked they don’t have much info to provide nor are they really able to assist.  Probably why they’re usually significantly cheaper on a lot of items that most other full service retailers.

I’d hit up the manufacturer, but not sure that’ll really accomplish anything.  If you want better service, buy your items for more money from someone who actually handles product and has it in stock.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:04:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4FishLimit] [#8]
It’s either a screw up at the distributor who actually shipped the item to your FFL or at Springfield.

As others mentioned Battlehawk most likely drop ships the majority of their product.

ETA:

Register your Prodigy through SA’s website for warranty, then reach out to customer service and they’ll likely get you taken care of. You’ll also get a discount code for the SA webstore where you can pick up another mag or two for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
I'm fairly certain Battlehawk is a website for nothing more than drop-shipping.  Could be wrong, but if that's the case, they likely never even touched the firearms themselves.  The order is just processed through their website and transmitted directly to the distributor who ships the product.  I know the few items I've purchased through them definitely appear to have been shipped from a distributor.
View Quote
That's what I think too.

I've gotten several orders from them over the last 4 years and never had a problem.
I suspect SAI did it to you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:12:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ameshawki] [#10]
They’re local to me.   It’s an actual store front operation.   Keeps weird hours 10 to 5 M to F.   Supposedly concentrating on their website.   Some of their stuff ships from the store, some is dropped shipped.  In store selection is actually quite good.  Lot of higher end items.  I’ve bought a couple used guns from them.  I’ve never had any issues with them but I always shop in the store.

Swapping out a mag doesn’t sound like them.  Not sure why they would even do it.  Odd.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

A used magazine is likely to be the least of your problems with a Prodigy.

View Quote

Put a $10 Wilson 10lb spring in it and it’s good to go. One about 2000 rounds deep in mine
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StrikeEagle15:

Put a $10 Wilson 10lb spring in it and it’s good to go. One about 2000 rounds deep in mine
View Quote

Friend got one.

Internal parts breaking.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Installed an Atlas Gun Works one piece guide rod. Went to the range put 300rds Winchester white box 115gr used both mags no malfunctions, so far so good.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Received a response from Battlehawk:

Hi Sir,

These are all brand new and never opened, after a firearm and it's accessories have been transferred we do not offer further support.  You will need to contact the manufacturer Springfield Armory to deal with this issue.

Thank you

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Friend got one.

Internal parts breaking.
View Quote

Could you elaborate more on what parts are breaking? Trying to decide if internals should be replaced as preventative maintenance.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:

Could you elaborate more on what parts are breaking? Trying to decide if internals should be replaced as preventative maintenance.
View Quote

Sorry. Don’t know specifically.

He is not happy with it I can tell you that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Friend got one.

Internal parts breaking.

I’m very happy with mine, but the ambi-safety on mine broke at around 2k rounds.

Someone else on this forum had their sear snap with less round through his than mine.

I don’t think it’s a common problem specific to Prodigy’s. At least it’s no more of an issue than it is with other 1911 guns using MIM parts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Factory test fire mag that got mixed up in the final QC pre shipment process?
View Quote

My first thought too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:47:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin50cal] [#19]
I spoke with Springfield yesterday, rep told me they do not mark any of their mags. Sent me an RMA# and shipping label to send back the mag so they can replace it with a new one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
I'm fairly certain Battlehawk is a website for nothing more than drop-shipping.  Could be wrong, but if that's the case, they likely never even touched the firearms themselves.  The order is just processed through their website and transmitted directly to the distributor who ships the product.  I know the few items I've purchased through them definitely appear to have been shipped from a distributor.
View Quote
They're a drop shipper, but have a store in Grimes, IA. I've stopped in several times and even bought my Prodigy there the day they were unveiled.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Have you shot it yet? Does it shoot okay? I bought a Springfield EMP Ronin off GB and it had been shot. That pistol has been back to Springfield three times. First time was to fix scratches and FTF/go all the way into battery, second FTF and third FTF. It still isn't right. I do not trust that pistol to carry.

GBB
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Interesting. I almost bought a Sand Viper from them, but decided against buying a $7500 pistol from a company I never dealt with before. They ended up taking their listing down from their site and putting it on GunBroker. Last I checked auction was over $9k.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]
The only conclusion I can come to is that an employee of Battlehawk Armory or Springfield swapped out their used mag for a new one. Karma is a bitch. Springfield did the right thing and replaced the used mag with a new one on their dime.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#24]
My only transaction was ordering a plate for my Prodigy.

I ordered it at around $50. I got a shipping notice and tracking number immediately. 4 days later I got an email that they were out of stock and my order was canceled.  They then went up to $105.

I did manage to find one at TheGunDock.com for $45 and it shipped the same day, had it in 2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top