Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
lol old pic when I thought I was funny
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I need a holster for my operator. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What’s wrong the Emissary? I want one but found a used Range Officer Operator so snagged it for now. What’s the Combat Operator? Don’t think I’m familiar with that model.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice.
I wish I had kept my Combat Operator in 9mm.
They really need to get another Operator in 9mm to market. Something other than that stupid ass Emisary.

What’s wrong the Emissary? I want one but found a used Range Officer Operator so snagged it for now. What’s the Combat Operator? Don’t think I’m familiar with that model.

This is a Combat Operator.

Combat Operator

Suppressor Combat operator
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I like mine alright.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It’s not as noticeable when you add the light.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, been looking for one for years now. I hate the slanted dust cover.

It’s not as noticeable when you add the light.

Yep, I actually squared mine off, but I still prefer the longer dustcover.
Attachment Attached File

I checkered the front strap, put in a straight trigger, magwell, and went with night sights also.
It’s a 9mm, shoots like a dream.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My 2021 release:

I added some anti-slip tape to the front strap and black VZ Gunner grips (standard ambi with bevel cut).
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It has the longer, non-angled dust cover/rail, Like the Professional Model.  They changed it on all of the non SACS guns for some reason.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/3556B4BE-9E4A-4601-92BA-6C74A01B3FC3-660x428.jpeg
https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/m/c/mc_op.png

View Quote

My favorite “cut” is the Kimber / Dan Wesson cut that angles the opposite of the Springfield cut.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My favorite “cut” is the Kimber / Dan Wesson cut that angles the opposite of the Springfield cut.
View Quote

Different flavors for everyone. We all won!
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]

I just ordered a set of black/cherry grips from VZ+ a smooth set of ivory g10s.

I love your lw Operator and everytime I see it I feel the urge to get some. I finally broke down last night.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#11]
This might be blasphemy....but how do the railed TISAS 1911's compare to the operators? The frame profile seems identical, and the basic GI models seem to get high praise.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I just picked up a LNIB one.  I can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I think these are from the first production run.  Our local PD had let their guys carry 1911s, till they got a new chief.  

Several had bought, then sold MC OPs.  I got two of them, one in great shape and one pretty cheap, since the owner thought a sharp screwdriver was needed to remove the slide stop. Repeatedly lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This might be blasphemy....but how do the railed TISAS 1911's compare to the operators? The frame profile seems identical, and the basic GI models seem to get high praise.
View Quote
I don't have any experience with the Tisas but the RIA full rail guns are pretty nice for the price. Just as heavy as my Mil-Spec Operator but no glued in ejector to worry about.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve asked the same question, both here and on a 1911-specific forum, and got very little feedback. The internet is FULL of Springfield mil-spec vs. Tisas 1911A1 US Army comparisons, but I haven’t found a direct, head-to-head comparison of a railed Tisas Duty model vs a Springfield Operator yet. I’ve found videos comparing the Duty to OTHER guns, like a 1970s Colt Gold Cup, but that doesn’t really answer the question.

The closest I’ve got were a couple replies to the effect of “I’ve had both. The Springfield is the better gun.” But very little to nothing about what, specifically, makes it the better gun. And there are usually a LOT of misinformed responses, like claiming that Springfield is better because they’re forged (Tisas is as well) or that Tisas is inferior due to using MIM parts (so do many other “better” manufacturers).

It seems like a good opportunity for one of the gun “influencers.” (I hate that term). You and I can’t be the only two wondering about this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top