Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2022 9:19:58 AM EDT
Here are some pictures of my carry 1911, nothing to fancy.
Here are the changes that I have made thus far. I’ll be pretty much
Sticking with Wilson Combat and Harrison Custom parts from here on out.

Wilson Combat
FPS
Extra Power FP Spring

Harrison Custom
Gold Bead Front Sight - installed by Harrison
U Notch Extreme Service Rear Sight - installed by Harrison
FCG with TR sear and Retro Hammer
Stainless Steel hammer strut
Retro Thumb safety

VZ
Thin double diamond in hyena brown grips

I hand fitted the FPS and Thumb safety my self and did all the required function checks.
The FCG dropped in with no issues but will continue to check for hammer and sear nose
engagement.
The thumb safety has a .014 inch gap between the bottom of slide and top of thumb safety when
in the off position ( recommended .020 inch) I don’t see an issue with this unless someone more
knowledgeable than me does.
Over time I plan on changing out the MIM internals to tool steel but I think I’m off to a good start.
Trigger is currently 4.5 pounds and is sweet as hell.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Noice
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Sharp looking 1911 ??
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
VERY nice!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing like classic 1911 lines
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I would have one of those if I didn’t already have a loaded parkerized.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Was your extractor clocked necitating a new FPS ?

My new Garrison is clocked. How was it fitting the Wilson ? I'm deciding between the Wilson or EGW.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was your extractor clocked necitating a new FPS ?

My new Garrison is clocked. How was it fitting the Wilson ? I'm deciding between the Wilson or EGW.
View Quote

I didn’t have any clocking issues with the original FPS but upon inspection of the Springfield FPS, under quite a bit of magnification, I noticed what appears to me to be a crack or mold mark from the MIM process. Since I really wasn’t sure either way and FPS’ relatively cheap I decided to replace it with the Wilson Combat Bulletproof.
Fitting went went pretty easy and I performed function without the magazine inserted.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How does it shoot?
View Quote

Honestly I haven’t tested it for groups yet just been doing LAV’s Devil drill I believe it’s called.
It’s keeping everything in the A zone when I do my part.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn nice looking pistol Sir!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the process of modding mine. I had to send back the retro Commander hammer I ordered from Wilson. When I get a new one I can finish and post pics.

Base gun just to post a pic.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice pistol, I almost went with one but opted on the Ronin instead.
Was there an issue with Wilson commander hammer?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice gun OP.

I have one I have been playing with. About 3K rounds through it so far and I really like it. The slide to frame fit has loosened up noticeably which I'm not crazy about but the gun runs great.

I added 10-8 grips and flat trigger, Chen SI magwell, Harrison .350 rear sight and a Dawson .100 fiber front. Had to dehorn the the thumb safety and slide stop because they were cutting me up after 500 round sessions. I tinkered with the trigger a little and its right at 3 pounds. The bluing hasn't held up that well but I don't mind the worn look.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice, I plan on getting a solid trigger later on down the road. I don’t expect the blueing to holdup under use but I’m good with that.
At one point I plan taking off some of the sharp edges.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
We need a "Like" button around here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks good OP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice pistol, I almost went with one but opted on the Ronin instead.
Was there an issue with Wilson commander hammer?
View Quote

The first one I bought and installed on my Ronin was nice and finished, the chamfers were shinny.

The one I got to install on the Garrison had dull chamfers and just didn't look like a finished product.

I thought about the Harrison Retro Hammer, but the hole on the Wilson is a little larger and I kind of like that look.

Here is my finished Ronin.

Last thing I added was a Wilson thumb safety that I ordered with the components for the Garrison, I'll get an updated photo after I finish the Garrison.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The first one I bought and installed on my Ronin was nice and finished, the chamfers were shinny.

The one I got to install on the Garrison had dull chamfers and just didn't look like a finished product.

I thought about the Harrison Retro Hammer, but the hole on the Wilson is a little larger and I kind of like that look.

Here is my finished Ronin.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123512/ronin_7-2382511.jpg

Last thing I added was a Wilson thumb safety that I ordered with the components for the Garrison, I'll get an updated photo after I finish the Garrison.
View Quote

Super nice looking pistol.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I know it's been awhile, but here is my Garrison finished.

Internally, I changed the sear, disconnector, and added the retro Wilson hammer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123512/Garrison_2-2495615.jpg

Internally, I changed the sear, disconnector, and added the retro Wilson hammer.
View Quote

Which sear and disco did you install ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought the stainless true radius sear and disconnector from Harrison Designs along with a few other parts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#24]
This is one of springfields offerings that interest me.  The photos look great.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I kinda did the same thing more or less...  I went ahead and swapped out a few parts.   I put in and Ed Brown trigger pull kit (hammer, sear, disconnector, MH Spring), an EB rebuild kit, EB thumb safety, and an EB extractor.  Finally I took the slim grips off and replaced with the VZ grips I had.   Trigger pull is a crisp 3.5...  A tack driver!
" />
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I kinda did the same thing more or less...  I went ahead and swapped out a few parts.   I put in and Ed Brown trigger pull kit (hammer, sear, disconnector, MH Spring), an EB rebuild kit, EB thumb safety, and an EB extractor.  Finally I took the slim grips off and replaced with the VZ grips I had.   Trigger pull is a crisp 3.5...  A tack driver!
https://i.postimg.cc/mtvG2bMB/garrison1.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/mtvG2bMB/garrison1.jpg
View Quote

Very nice looking pistol! Did you have to do anything to the EB trigger pull kit to get it down to 3.5 pounds?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Very nice looking pistol! Did you have to do anything to the EB trigger pull kit to get it down to 3.5 pounds?
View Quote

Thanks!!! Not really... put a dab of graphite lubricant on sear & hammer and wiped clean after one rangebsession.  Also,  pulled back a little tension off the sear spring.  The ED brown trigger pull kit comes matched and in my opinion only needs further work if you want a range only match pistol.  For carry and self defense 3.5 works for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top