Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2018 8:33:48 PM EDT
GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

Might need to buy another XD or that M1A now!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn’t they have their own anti gun lobbyist in Illinois?  They were up to some of there own shenanigans not too long ago. I wont ever buy another Springfield.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Triple dupe. Posted over in the M1/M1A forum as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn’t they have their own anti gun lobbyist in Illinois?  They were up to some of there own shenanigans not too long ago. I wont ever buy another Springfield.
View Quote
Yes they did. They pulled a Bill Ruger on the American gun owner & I too won't be buying any more Springfields.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If Springfield sent me a lowly mil-spec 1911 then I may be willing to forget that weird anti gun that they supported by mistake!
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Dick's stock tanked at the beginning of the year.
Their whole MSR thing was merely a marketing ploy.

Dick's whole operation was so much better when they had 25 stores.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Dicks down the street from me looks like a ghost town lately.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup

Going to take some time before I give them a dollar. A PR stunt ain't going to change my mind .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top