Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 2:26:06 PM EDT
I have a Glock after not owning one for many years (I have a 43)
Trying to re-learn the internals.

When putting the gun back together, the rear of the guide rod rests in the bottom (circular shaped) notch in the barrel right?

When I do this, looking at the profile of the gun, it looks like the spring is at an angle. Does this look correct?

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks fine to me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
your good to go
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it'll be okay.

The notch in the barrel locking lug only holds the spring during disassembly and assembly.

The captured spring will actually sit against part of the frame, in front of the slide lock, at the correct angle, when assembled.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it'll be okay.

The notch in the barrel locking lug only holds the spring during disassembly and assembly.

The captured spring will actually sit against part of the frame, in front of the slide lock, at the correct angle, when assembled.
View Quote

Oh interesting. I never knew that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top