Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2019 5:00:02 PM EDT
So I installed a new trigger shoe on my G19 and im not a fan, wondering if theres a fix. I went from the OEM shoe to an aftermarket one. OEM was smooth, had a clear wall, and crisp break. the new one has a "soft" wall and what feels like a "rolling" break. is there anything I can do to the trigger internals to get that clean break back? or should I just go back to the OEM? thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I recommend staying with OEM components if you want you Glock/Not A Glock to run without issues. I have not found anything reliable that feels or functions any better. They were never intended to be anything but a duty gun. As such, competition type triggers/parts that may reduce pull or creep usually cause their own issues.

On my Not A Glock builds, I have polished all of the surfaces and removed some burrs on the parts. My triggers are all about 5.25 pound pull, very smooth, and crisp and consistent on the break. I can hit a man sized target in the kill zone at 25 yards with any of them and that is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I installed a new trigger shoe on my G19 and im not a fan, wondering if theres a fix. I went from the OEM shoe to an aftermarket one. OEM was smooth, had a clear wall, and crisp break. the new one has a "soft" wall and what feels like a "rolling" break. is there anything I can do to the trigger internals to get that clean break back? or should I just go back to the OEM? thanks.
View Quote
Was it just a trigger shoe swap or an entirely new trigger bar?

If just a shoe I don’t see how that would change anything. Any other aftermarket parts?
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was it just a trigger shoe swap or an entirely new trigger bar?

If just a shoe I don’t see how that would change anything. Any other aftermarket parts?
View Quote
it was literally just the shoe swap. all frame and slide internals are OEM.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 5:17:45 AM EDT
[#4]
On my Glock 19 and 26 the trigger Shoe was serrated so Glock could get import points.
I simply replaced them with the smooth trigger bar assembly of the Glock 17.
Drops right in and gives me a smooth trigger face.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to agree, the shoe would not cause this.  If nothing else changed, I dunno.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Try changing the connector.  You probably have a little more leverage now so you notice
the relationship to the connector a little more.

If you have a minus or aftermarket 3.5lb (4.5) connector installed- go to a .dot connector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top