Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2021 11:58:25 AM EDT
I bought this gun over a year ago at a decent price (sub $400 including tax) and it has been a great shooter.  Over time I've spent way too much money and have accrued enough spare parts to build another one.  Seeing as how we're on an AR15 forum, I'm sure some of you can understand the need to tinker and the plethora of spare parts that comes after.

Parts that I've swapped onto the Girsan:

M9A3 barrel & locking block
#13 hammer spring (just switched to a #12 hammer spring)
Wilson Combat thin grips (required about 15 seconds with a file to fit)
Beretta oversized mag release
Beretta Elite II hammer
Langdon Tactical NP3 trigger bar (required about 15 seconds of filing the over-travel stop)
Beretta slide stop (Girsan slide stop will only lock back on an empty MecGar mag, not on other brands)

And of course, the LTT RDO slide.  I wasn't sure if the slide was going to fit (I've read conflicting reports online) so I borrowed my friend's 92FS.  The Beretta slide fits on the Girsan frame (initially feels very tight), but the Girsan slide doesn't fit on the Beretta frame (gets caught up near the end, didn't inspect it but I'm sure it could be modified to work).  When I received the LTT slide it was very tight and hard to pull back.  After racking the slide a few dozen times it was silky smooth.  Just put 50 rounds through it to sight the 507C in and it was flawless.  

Overall I've been very satisfied with the Girsan.  I know you'll say I should have just bought a LTT from the get-go (and I agree lol).  I do plan on buying a Centurion whenever they open orders back up.  As for the RDO, this is my first time owning a handgun with an optics cut and I think I've been converted.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a cool project.  Good to know that you can fit Beretta parts to it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that’s cool and kinda different. How’s the trigger with the #12 spring?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that’s cool and kinda different. How’s the trigger with the #12 spring?
View Quote

The trigger feels super smooth in DA.  With the #13 spring it was pulling 6.8 lbs in DA and 4.1 lbs in SA.  When I swapped the #12 in it didn't change it (my #13 had some rounds through it, when I swapped them the #13 was shorter than the new #12).  After a hundred or so dry fires and 50 live rounds it's pulling around 6.5 lbs DA and 3.9 lbs SA.  I'm thinking that it'll lighten up a tad more as it breaks in.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]

The build came out nice. You pretty much already have a LTT.

Are all 92 parts interchangeable with the Girsan Regard?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, every part dropped in with the exception of the grips and the trigger bar.  Beretta grip holes are slightly off from the Girsan and require you to file one of the holes down.  Not much filing was required, only about 15-30 seconds at most.  The LTT bar needed a tiny bit of material removed from the over-travel stop.  According to LTT's video, this may also be required on some Berettas.  

I need to find a local with a LTT because I'm curious to see how their trigger compares to mine.  My weights seem comparable to what LTT lists on their page.  The Beretta Sniper Grey slide didn't match up with the Girsan's grey frame, but I'm kind of digging the "50 shades of grey" look with the WC grips.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The trigger feels super smooth in DA.  With the #13 spring it was pulling 6.8 lbs in DA and 4.1 lbs in SA.  When I swapped the #12 in it didn't change it (my #13 had some rounds through it, when I swapped them the #13 was shorter than the new #12).  After a hundred or so dry fires and 50 live rounds it's pulling around 6.5 lbs DA and 3.9 lbs SA.  I'm thinking that it'll lighten up a tad more as it breaks in.
View Quote

That’s interesting. Mine with the #13 spring has almost 200rds throughout it. I’m getting 3.2 lbs in SA and 7.3 DA averaged over 5 pulls.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, every part dropped in with the exception of the grips and the trigger bar.  Beretta grip holes are slightly off from the Girsan and require you to file one of the holes down.  Not much filing was required, only about 15-30 seconds at most.  The LTT bar needed a tiny bit of material removed from the over-travel stop.  According to LTT's video, this may also be required on some Berettas.  

I need to find a local with a LTT because I'm curious to see how their trigger compares to mine.  My weights seem comparable to what LTT lists on their page.  The Beretta Sniper Grey slide didn't match up with the Girsan's grey frame, but I'm kind of digging the "50 shades of grey" look with the WC grips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You anywhere near Iredell or Alexander
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You anywhere near Iredell or Alexander
View Quote

Not too far from Iredell, in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I shoot my 92fs in Production right now and was interested to see LTT come out with a slide that can accept an optic.  Thought "Cool, I can switch over to Carry Optics if I get bored and keep the same gun".  But damn...the slide costs as much as another pistol!
View Quote

In my case the slide was over 1.5 times what the gun cost.  I have no regrets though, definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I shoot my 92fs in Production right now and was interested to see LTT come out with a slide that can accept an optic.  Thought "Cool, I can switch over to Carry Optics if I get bored and keep the same gun".  But damn...the slide costs as much as another pistol!
View Quote

I found a solution to that problem, I put an LTT slide on a Wilson Centurion.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Got another question about your setup. I have a Silencerco Octane in jail right now so I'm getting my M9A1 ready to be a host. Does it run with or without a piston? I've seen videos on youtube and people say both.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Got another question about your setup. I have a Silencerco Octane in jail right now so I'm getting my M9A1 ready to be a host. Does it run with or without a piston? I've seen videos on youtube and people say both.
View Quote

With the piston and spring.  I run it with the Griffin Cam-Lok.  I don't have a fixed barrel spacer so I've never tried running it without the booster spring.  I think the guys who run it without a booster are using super light suppressors.  There's no way it'll work with my heavy ass Obsidian.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

With the piston and spring.  I run it with the Griffin Cam-Lok.  I don't have a fixed barrel spacer so I've never tried running it without the booster spring.  I think the guys who run it without a booster are using super light suppressors.  There's no way it'll work with my heavy ass Obsidian.
View Quote

Thanks for the tips. I'm researching that Griffin Cam-Lok system and its perfect to mount on several pistols which I plan on doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top