Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2020 12:05:12 PM EDT
I paid $75/box so maybe you don't have to.
TL:DR it has good penetration and expansion for a Gold Dot. It really could use 100 fps more (I would think pressures would ok), and Fiocchi really needs to start using a mechanical crimp on the 5.7 vs this gluing bullshit. PS90 function was not good, I believe due to bullet tip design.  I prefer to carry the faster and lighter rounds in this caliber. I'd say if you can order this from your dealer and they don't rape you, $30/45 box for this would be a fair value.

5.7x28mm, Speer Gold Dot, 40gr JHP

Here's also the 22 mag Gold Dot version. 16" velocity of this load = close to 5.7 velocity from pistol..

22 Mag Equal To 5.7x28mm? Speer Gold Dot 40gr JHP

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting...

Thanks...

Forrest
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks again for that expensive test OP. Good info.

I'm still not sold on this cal. Maybe in some dystopian future where soft body armor is universal..
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#3]
SO they REALLY are making it...

I NEED some, lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top