Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2022 8:30:51 PM EDT
Would like to pick up a factory bobbed hammer & having difficulty locating one.  I'm not going to bob the one I have, having options are good.  Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Numrich lists it but it's out of stock.

Can you call Ruger?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy another one and bob it yourself if you can't find a bobbed one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Another thing to consider is that you'll have to change out a few parts to make it the true DAO if that's what you're going for.

I have the bobbed model and it's DAO.

Otherwise you'll have a SA/DA model but no real safe way to use SA (assuming the DAO hammer would drop fit into the SA/DA model).
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys !!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently bobbed a buddies sp101 hammer that was in the same boat.

I think Ruger will swap in a DAO hammer but, won't sell the part separately. Might be better off to send it to Ruger and find a spare spurred hammer on the used market.

The factory DAO hammer will look better. The contour of a spurred unit is different and you can't 100% follow the frame contour when reprofiling. The GP100 hammer have a lot more material outside of the frame to blend the shape.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy another one and bob it yourself if you can't find a bobbed one.
View Quote
This. Or, try to source a spare hammer on the aftermarket as mentioned above,  and bob and install the spare.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been trying to find a spare SP101 hammer to bob also. The only one right now is $100 on eBay (Numrich shows them at $31 when in stock).

I'm just gonna wait...
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a NIB older factory bobbed 2.25 incher I'd like to trade for a 3 incher with a hammer of the same condition / vintage.

Haven't had much luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top