Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 1:07:28 AM EDT
Haven't set eyes and hands on it yet but an aquaintence who knows I love 357-Sig and also love extra long slide semi-auto handguns touched base with an aquaintence of his who has a customized top half they would be willing to sell that has been sitting in a drawer unused for a decade or so.

Complete Glock MOE G24 slide with a threaded 357-Sig conversion barrel that is actually a G24 conversion barrel and length with the threads beyond the slide with a big long break/comp on the threads that adds another inch and a half of length or so and is profiled and colored to match the slide profile so that from a distance it looks like it's all a big long slide.

I know G24 slides are rare.  Never heard of a 357-Sig conversion barrel with threading made for the G24 but I suppose it's possible.

Would be a three hour drive one way to put eyes and hands on it.  He says he wants $600 "firm" for the complete upper "as is".  Says he knows it's worth it because it's such a "Unicorn".

How much of a "Unicorn" is such a setup really?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]
NOPE
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard pass

Can you even get ammo for it
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NOPE
View Quote

NOPE = Not a unicorn

or

NOPE = His price is too high

or ???
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Bet you the barrel is some Lone Wolf jammomatic fucking garbage. I'd only buy it if it were equiped with the OE Glock 24 barrel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hard pass

Can you even get ammo for it
View Quote

I have a lot of 357-Sig other guns already, I handload for it, have a few thousand rounds already loaded up in storage in 357-Sig, have lots more 357-Sig brass ready to load.  I've still got primer and powders.  I am running a little low on jacketed bullets for 357-Sig.  I cast my own projectiles for most other chambering but never found a cast lead bullet load that worked well enough for me in 357-Sig.  I'm re-exploring that anyway, last time I tried I hadn't gotten into powder coated cast lead yet, going to try that.

357-Sig is not a bug for me. For me it's a feature.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:57:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bet you the barrel is some Lone Wolf jammomatic fucking garbage. I'd only buy it if it were equiped with the OE Glock 24 barrel.
View Quote

Claim is that it's a KKM barrel.  I need to see that on the barrel or the paperwork to be sure.  As I said no eyes or hands in it and I'm trying to decide whether to make the drive or not.

Asked for pics by phone but the old guy is still sporting a flip phone!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:35:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Claim is that it's a KKM barrel.  I need to see that on the barrel or the paperwork to be sure.  As I said no eyes or hands in it and I'm trying to decide whether to make the drive or not.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahahha a flip phone... JC.

I'd be down for a KKM barrel, they make good stuff. And fuggit, if you wanna run 357 SIG, so be it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:50:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hahahha a flip phone... JC.
View Quote

What's the name for that generation that's one step older then the Boomers?  He is 80-something, so think you can't even call him a Boomer.  Sent him a text and he called me and said he don't text only talk, phone is a phone !!!

I shouldn't be too hard him though at least he can hear and it's not a "What!!! Can't hear you!" type phone conversation and I actually still have an old fashioned wired land line at my place that I stubbornly refuse to part with and keep paying the bill so long as it still works.  But that is as a backup being out in the middle of the countryside for emergencies if the cell phones don't work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]
It's not hard for me to believe KKM would make that barrel being they make a 357 Sig 24 barrel but confirmation is definitely needed. I have no idea how much of a unicorn the Glock part is but I would be needing some documentation and good pictures at a minimum. While there are plenty of knowledgeable older shooters out there there are many more that live in their own little world with their own little facts. I've seen it far too often when I worked behind the counter.

No way I would make the drive with what you have stated.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:20:50 AM EDT
[#11]
6 hour round trip just for an upper without seeing it first, forget that.  Have his kid or someone text you a picture of it.  Then if you want it have him ship it to you .  I wouldn't pay $600 for it though, you can buy a complete 24 for that much, and then buy a KKM .357sig barrel for it if you want.  What makes it a unicorn, just some unknown comp that might no longer be made?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Like the others have said, I would never take a trip like that,especially a 6 hour trip. There have been too many scams being worked out there right now and other weirdos who claim to be selling something, only to lure you out of your way and they don't show. How many issues have we had here on the forum with people not sending pics and then have problems occur because of it. Read some of the Negative Feedback threads here to catch my drift.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
RUN Forrest RUN....

This sounds very suspucious and I would stay away....$600
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t know enough to tell you if that’s rare or not.

And the $600 doesn’t really matter, all that matters is how bad you want it and if you’re willing to part with the cash to have it.

That being said, without pictures that’d be a hell no from me. Sure would suck to drive 3-4 hrs, only to get there and find out it’s a beat up 24 slide with probably 20k through it. Plus a no name God knows what barrel and comp.

Also, if you do get pictures be sure to post them. If it is what he says it is, it sounds like a pretty cool setup
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
A $500 slide with what sounds like a $300 barrel/comp combo. Could be worth it if you're into driving .357 SIG to it's full pistol potential. 2000+ fps with 90 grain bullets could be a reality.

I would tell the guy he needs to find some way to provide much better pictures. I wouldn't drive 3 hours for a maybe.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#16]
lol no this is someone looking to unload a home brew fudd abomination. Unicorn does not necessarily translate to well crafted, valuable, or reliable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Upate:. I told him I'm not going to make the drive blind.  If he gets some good pictures sent to me by someone that knows how to do it then I will consider the drive after looking at pics.  Or if something comes up and I have to go to that area of the state for some other reason I will stop by.  But otherwise it isn't worth the blind drive at this time and if he foinds someone else in the meantime that's willing to pay his price then don't wait on my account.  He didn't seem upset by that answer which in my experience if they are full of huff they usually start huffing with answers like that.

So, maybe to be continued at a later date?  We shall see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top