Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2021 9:39:52 PM EDT
Picked these two up recently…Now I just need to get used to that DA/SA again, and pick up a dot for the RDO.

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
My God, those are sexy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.  Langdon has really done a great job for the shooting community.  One of the best - for simply shooting - 9mm handguns has been updated with optic options other than a dovetail mount.  Not to mention all his other 92 upgrades.  The LTT is a great pistol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell yes.  Beretta 92's are so aesthetic as is.  The Langdon treatment is even better.  I'm sad others can't buy from them at the moment, with the supply chain issues currently going on.  

Here's a photo of mine.  Gives me a chub every time I see it.

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!  I’m currently actively looking for a elite full size with irons although I may just get a 92a1 and do some upgrades.  I’ve got a surplus rgr Safariland with no pistol to put in it

Here’s my rmr ltt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My God, those are sexy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a sweet pair of pistols. A few months ago, I was fortunate enough to have been able to pick up a slightly used LTT. I have not had a chance to shoot it just yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful pair!  I am currently on the hunt for a lightly used Elite LTT with trigger job.  Can you tell much of a difference in the trigger pull between the two?  Wondering if the NP3 has any effect on perceived pull weight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice. I regret not getting an LTT when Beretta was still making them. Hopefully the panic will die down and Beretta will start again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Beautiful pair!  I am currently on the hunt for a lightly used Elite LTT with trigger job.  Can you tell much of a difference in the trigger pull between the two?  Wondering if the NP3 has any effect on perceived pull weight.
View Quote

I can tell a difference only because the RDO has a lighter hammer and recoil spring in it. I’m not sure exactly what’s in it, but they are both slightly noticeably lighter. As far as the NP3 goes, I know I wouldn’t be able to tell any difference even if the springs were the same. IMO the NP3 excels at making parts easier to clean than it does at making a trigger pull feel better.

But, I’m a “hammer the shit out of the trigger and hold on tight” kinda guy so I might not be the best person to ask.

I personally wouldn’t have ordered the RDO with the NP3 as I think it’s overpriced for what it offers, but I got this one used at a good price and well, beggars can’t be choosers!
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very nice. I regret not getting an LTT when Beretta was still making them. Hopefully the panic will die down and Beretta will start again.
View Quote

Right. I posted WTB ads here and on other forums, which is how I found these two. Got impatient waiting on Langdon to get them back in stock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can tell a difference only because the RDO has a lighter hammer and recoil spring in it. I’m not sure exactly what’s in it, but they are both slightly noticeably lighter. As far as the NP3 goes, I know I wouldn’t be able to tell any difference even if the springs were the same. IMO the NP3 excels at making parts easier to clean than it does at making a trigger pull feel better.

But, I’m a “hammer the shit out of the trigger and hold on tight” kinda guy so I might not be the best person to ask.

I personally wouldn’t have ordered the RDO with the NP3 as I think it’s overpriced for what it offers, but I got this one used at a good price and well, beggars can’t be choosers!
View Quote

Thanks for your input.  A slight difference in pull for the NP3 is not worth it since pistol triggers don't phase me much.  Maybe I'll spend the extra cash for the RDO slide.  Looking forward to getting one!
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread can use more photos.  I snapped this one after we wrapped our practice session today.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This thread can use more photos.  I snapped this one after we wrapped our practice session today.

https://preview.redd.it/ljntdo2u7si71.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=60067691ea421e6e18c82eb47fc13c68cff06fa0
View Quote

You know you’re serious when you’re rocking liquid chalk! I’m personally a fan of the Petzl, it’s cheaper for more OZs and I think it just works better personally.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You know you’re serious when you’re rocking liquid chalk! I’m personally a fan of the Petzl, it’s cheaper for more OZs and I think it just works better personally.
View Quote

I wanted to order up some Petzl - but at the time I couldn't find any!  It was last summer during covid, and I guess Petzl has trace amounts of alcohol?  At the time, all that stuff was being used for sanitzer, so a climber friend of mine tossed that stuff my way.  Threw it in my range bag and I'm still using it for now.  

It's one of those "if you know" kinda things when it comes to chalk haha.  If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been talking myself out of the LTT's since I took Langdons' class a few years ago but now that I've scratched my Boresight itch.... these will happen soon.

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]
LTT's are back in stock. Go get them!
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LTT's are back in stock. Go get them!
View Quote

Curious when they will hit other retailers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#18]
My recollection is 92's have a reputation for slide breakage, which is why the brigadier came out.  How does the red dot cut play into slide durability?  Is it a problem?  It definitely can't help durability.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:01:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My recollection is 92's have a reputation for slide breakage, which is why the brigadier came out.  How does the red dot cut play into slide durability?  Is it a problem?  It definitely can't help durability.
View Quote

Time will tell as to the durability. This RDO option is all 'new' to the Beretta 92.

Beretta already has a 92X Optic Cut on the way with a couple of examples leaked on a few sites.

Also, slide breakage back in the 80's/90's was reportedly due to high pressure proof ammo being used as regular ammo, so I wouldn't say they have a reputation of breaking as opposed to they had a moment of breaking.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Really wish Langdon would offer a Vertec frame option...

Right now the only option is to wait for the 92X to come back in stock and order it directly from LTT with the work done.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top