Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2020 12:12:04 AM EDT
When Beretta, when?

My 9mm rounds aren't going to hurl themselves at steel plates.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't expect to go to a friendly LGS and pick one up at a discount but they are slowly getting into shooter's hands... some at silly uplifted prices and a few others (if the dealer and you get along :-( ) at straight suggested retail.

Anyway, several owners have them on this and other sites, see:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Beretta-92X-Performance-/15-192715/
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Been available for awhile now. Got mine the first day they dropped for $1295.00 or so. Pics in the beretta pic thread and a few others.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
They are out there.  I've seen several in person in the middle of BFE (SD).  Pricing was around the $1200-$1300 mark.  What exactly do you want or are hoping for?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw it at my LGS last week for about $1200. Went back yesterday and of course it was gone!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious with a conical bushing on a NM barrel from Barsto or KKM and that's the end.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I get that a 92x is some sort of variant of a Beretta 92, but what makes it special?

ETA: never mind. Watched the promo video. Yawn.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I get that a 92x is some sort of variant of a Beretta 92, but what makes it special?

ETA: never mind. Watched the promo video. Yawn.
View Quote
To Beretta owners and shooters that prefer steel locked and cocked actions it is special.

Some of its features or lack of them are weird but it is what it is and for Beretta it shows how they may be looking to get a larger public base (after losing the U.S contract) by giving them what they asked for. Now let's see if it sells or if it will be another Beretta curiosity and instant collectible :-)

See this fun poking at Beretta not hearing their buyers :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xD_V4rGXT8
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To Beretta owners and shooters that prefer steel locked and cocked actions it is special.

Some of its features or lack of them are weird but it is what it is and for Beretta it shows how they may be looking to get a larger public base (after losing the U.S contract) by giving them what they asked for. Now let's see if it sells or if it will be another Beretta curiosity and instant collectible :-)

See this fun poking at Beretta not hearing their buyers :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xD_V4rGXT8
View Quote
Nothing weird about it.  It's a purpose built gun aimed straight at Tanfoglio.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nothing weird about it.  It's a purpose built gun aimed straight at Tanfoglio.  
View Quote
Of course there are weird things about it, maybe not for competition but for many others.

The hammer sits in a recess in the rear sight, and lowering the hammer with the thumb will bite you. Without a decocker (like Taurus has) on a DA/SA gun this is a nit but it is odd.

The trigger is serrated... I have not had a trigger with serrations on it since I shot bullseye, I don't like it at all.

If I use the forward slide serrations from under the dust cover to rack the slide the rail scrapes my left hand, and not gently.

If they were going after Tanfoglio I would think Beretta Italy would have pulled out four of their 17 round mags (like the Tanfo match extreme) and fat soft rubber bumper pads (which have not been available in the U.S.) and supplied them with the gun instead of two 15 rounders with thin plastic pads. Just my opinion on what I think is weird.

Here's a pic of my older 15 round Beretta (red pad) mags and the 15 that came with the X'Perf with its original black plastic base pad. I had to order Beretta pads from Italy at a substantial cost penalty.

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I have tried to like Beretta's pistols but I just can't. Heavy and clumsy feeling. Now my o/u is a different story.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have tried to like Beretta's pistols but I just can't. Heavy and clumsy feeling. Now my o/u is a different story.
View Quote
They're not for everyone for sure. I have and have had a number of Beretta 92/96's and to me they don't feel clumsy at all.

But... the X'perf feels very much like my old Star Megastars... bulky, while at nearly the same weight the Tanfoglio Match extreme which just fits and feels right in the hand. I'm thinking that Beretta should have thrown in the towel on the 92 mag compatibility issue and started there, and if it were to be a DA/SA give it a frame decocker.

I couldn't agree more with the shotgun observation. My 687 EELL is just the opposite of all the Brownings O/U's I've had which are much bulkier.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I took an instant dislike to them the first time I ever fired an M9. Before we got into Bullseye, my Dad wanted to take the AMU's Small Arms Firing School at Camp Perry one year. It was purely to see how the EIC matches worked.

I could pick up a 1911, or Smith revolver and shoot decent groups with with them, as I have shot them all my life. The Beretta was a different animal. It was minute of barn door  for me, and not at all the fault of the gun. It is one of the few guns I really have to work hard to shoot well with.

I can shoot them well now, but I've been working with them on and off now for a decade. I doubt I will ever shoot 1911 sized groups with one, but I plan on one of these new Beretta models as soon as I come across one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, all. My very first gun was an M9 that I should never have sold to pay rent. I shoot production division steel matches nowadays with a Px4 that I've upgraded with match trigger group, cougar D hammer spring, and DLC locking block. I am plenty happy with this setup. I'm interested in the 92x to get into limited/open divisions. Just cannot find one to get my hands on.

However, I'm pondering buying a Beretta silver pigeon instead and getting into skeet/trap matches (so I don't have to mess with switching from a Px4 holster for production over to 92x holster for open). I think this may be the best route for me at this time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:04:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I took an instant dislike to them the first time I ever fired an M9. Before we got into Bullseye, my Dad wanted to take the AMU's Small Arms Firing School at Camp Perry one year. It was purely to see how the EIC matches worked.

I could pick up a 1911, or Smith revolver and shoot decent groups with with them, as I have shot them all my life. The Beretta was a different animal. It was minute of barn door  for me, and not at all the fault of the gun. It is one of the few guns I really have to work hard to shoot well with.

I can shoot them well now, but I've been working with them on and off now for a decade. I doubt I will ever shoot 1911 sized groups with one, but I plan on one of these new Beretta models as soon as I come across one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should try the M9a3 or a Vertec (straight mainspring housing). I’ve seen several 1911 guys who had issues with a regular 92 able to instantly bang out bullseyes on a Vertec frame.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Eurooptic has them instock right now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Love my M9A3 but paid 1k and now they are $895 or lower, want but will wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top