Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2021 7:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeeps-And-Guns]
So does anyone here have one of the Baby Desert Eagles/Jericho 941?
I never really paid attention to them but recently for some reason started reading about them and started looking at them online and for some reason feel compelled to buy one. Is there any reason I should not?
It would only be as a occasional range toy, no practical need for one, do not plan on carrying it or anything. Mainly just to shoot every now and then and say I have one.
However because I am OCD and very specific on some things I want, it has to be a specific model.
Has to be a 9mm version, and only the fullsize version (not interested in the semi compact or compact). Must be a older one that is marked IMI. Both my fullsize Desert eagles are IMI stamped so I would want it to match. If it is a IWI stamped one, I am not interested. And must be steel framed (not interested in the polymer frame)
And while I would prefer one stamped desert eagle, I would not turn down one stamped Jericho 941, as long as it met the above requirements.
Finding one of these seems to be not very common. I have no trouble finding IWI models, as they are still made today, finding a IMI marked one seems a little more difficult.
While this is a old ended auction, this is the exact one I am looking for (here)

Is there any reason not to try and find one?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Never owned one, but I’ve shot the .45 model several times.

Observations:

Heavy DA trigger.  Had to be 12#+.
SA was ok.

Reliable .
Uplula was needed to get the last few in the mag.

Heavy, and pretty accurate with my 200 gr loads.

He only paid 375, with 2 mags.  Seemed like a good gun, other than the heavy DA.

Probably not a lot of holster/aftermarket choices.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get a jericho.
I have a surplus steel 941 and a newer poly lower 941.
Most obvious difference is the Jericho has the safety lever in the correct spot (on the frame) and the baby eagle is on the slide.
Both are poly rifled barrels which doesn't mean a whole lot but that my coated reloads don't do well in them for some reason.  Same reloads don't do well in my hk's poly bore.

These are both sort of cz75 copies.  
So maybe just skip them and get a cz75.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Options for holsters or the location of the safety is not a concern. It would mainly be a range toy and not much else.
While they are based off the CZ75, I like the aesthetics of Jericho/baby eagle and how it does have a slight, but vague resemblance to the desert eagle. While the CZ75 looks a little plain/generic and does not strike my fancy as much.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just found a older IMI Jericho 941. Comes with the original box. Looks to be in pretty decent condition.
I will update when I actually get it in my hands. (might be a week or two)
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked it up yesterday from my dealer and got it cleaned up today.
It is in very nice shape. Based off the wear on the moving parts, it appears to have been shot very little. Barely any of the bluing is worn off the moving surfaces. There is just a tiny bit of  wear on the front sides of the frame, guessing from a holster.
Came with two mags and the original numbers matching box. I will be looking forward to trying it out when I get some time and a break in the weather (been raining lots here lately).

I am still going to be keeping a eye out for a "desert eagle" stamped one, just for my collection. But since this one is a older IMI stamped one (like my fullsize eagles) will suffice for now.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I decided to pick up a full size 45. Then they went and discontinued them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
I decided to pick up a full size 45. Then they went and discontinued them.
View Quote

Tanfoglio Witness or Cz 97.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Between crappy weather and life getting in the way, I had not been able to shoot it until yesterday.
I took it out and set up a couple targets. I shot 25 rounds through my Beretta M92FS, and 25 rounds through the Jericho. Both with the exact same ammo.
I will say I like the trigger on the Jericho better, the gun itself seems to have less recoil and just operated/felt smoother. It was also just a tad more accurate than the 92FS.
It is definitely a keeper.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:06:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OCW] [#10]
I normally carry an FNX-45 when I’m at home, but I’ve been carrying my Baby Eagle .45 recently, for a change.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an all steel IWI marked Baby Desert Eagle in 45ACP.  Love it and CCW it quite often.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:30:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadDogDan] [#12]
Double post
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandonbeezy] [#13]
I carry it often. I believe that mine is basically a 941B? There's so many variations with naming depending on who imported it from what i understand. Pretty cool imo. I'd like to pick up another, but full size after i track down an acceptable P225/P6 for my collection.

20220517_194054 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
What are you guys doing for holsters for these? Im running one for a cz, but its not great. Looking for a quality leather iwb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top