Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2023 2:58:53 PM EDT
Had to put this out there. I have a first gen M&P pro series in 9mm. The slide stop on the left side of the frame broke off. I called Smith and Wesson, they took my name and address and sent me out a replacement for no charge. I was figuring maybe 20-30 bucks or so, but free is better!
Always like to share a positive experience with customer service.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The one time I used them (back in the early 1990s), they treated me wonderfully.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]
My M2.0 10mm didn’t come with a Type 1 optics plate, I emailed S&W and had one in hand by the weekend.

(I used a CHPWS plate anyways, but I’d prefer to have the factory parts in hand).
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used S&W CS a few times, have been happy each time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used S&W CS a few times, have been happy each time.
View Quote

I have never needed to use their customer service. I only own a handful of their product - but I plan on buying more since they are getting outta Godforsaken Massachusetts and moving here to Tennessee!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:09:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a spring in my csx get away from me and they wouldn’t supply me with any type of parts diagram so I could Id the spring and buy a new one. They wanted me to send them the gun (pile of parts) to them. Kind of boggled my mind. Luckily I found the spring
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I used them last year , send my 500 mag back NIB for rust. 6 weeks lasted got it back with a busted rear sight and the original issue still a problem. Sent it back again 8 weeks this time ,  rear sight & rust fixed but the cylinder was now dinged, back again for 6 weeks, got it back sand blasted to the point the S&W logo was almost gone and the ding was still there just faded. I decided that was enough so sold it and took a big loss on it. no more S&W for me…… ever…..
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve called them a few times and they’ve been very helpful and have never charged me.

I had a Thompson Center muzzleloader and the fiber optic sight broke and fell off.
They sent me a replacement sight and about 8” of the fiber.

Back when the M&P series was still pretty new you couldn’t get spare parts anywhere. Wasn’t looking for anything major but I like having things like recoil springs on hand.
They asked for my name, address and serial number of the gun I owned and sent me a free recoil spring even thought I told them it was a spare and I’d pay.
I’ve don’t this with 3 different guns.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
They have generally been pretty good in the few times Ive needed something

Although I did have to wear them out about a spring that broke in my bodyguard 38 once. It eventually got there free of charge

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Last year, while wearing my gun OWB, I sat down and banged the crap out of the crown of the barrel on my Shield Plus Performance Center against the arm rest. The crown of the barrel was damaged, and it even effected accuracy.

S&W paid for the shipping both ways, and replaced the barrel for free. Can't get no better than that! I even offered to buy a new barrell
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#10]
when I SBR my 15-22p i started hunting for spare parts to keep it running for a long time. i found just about every small part except recoil springs

i emailed S&W and asked to purchase two of them. They said they were out of stock and would let me know later. Months later two of them showed up for free
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Both of my S&W customer service experiences were very positive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top