Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2021 5:58:12 PM EDT
So another newbie problem with my P80 build, if some of you smarter guys could help would be fantastic. With out the barrel installed, the slide will go through full range of motion. Pull the trigger and the slide pushes forward. Can do this back and forth no issue. But when I install the barrel and guide rod, it hits a brick wall about 3/4"-1" short of full installation.

All parts are Gen 3 compatible. The loose barrel lays in the slide nice and true, and it also lays into the locking block fine. And again, the slide will go full travel with no barrel and cock the striker and release the trigger. There's clearance in the guide rod channel. I even tried sliding on the barrel/slide combo with no guide rod and it hits the same brick wall. There's definitely a metallic sounding tap or clank, whatever it's hitting.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So another newbie problem with my P80 build, if some of you smarter guys could help would be fantastic. With out the barrel installed, the slide will go through full range of motion. Pull the trigger and the slide pushes forward. Can do this back and forth no issue. But when I install the barrel and guide rod, it hits a brick wall about 3/4"-1" short of full installation.

All parts are Gen 3 compatible. The loose barrel lays in the slide nice and true, and it also lays into the locking block fine. And again, the slide will go full travel with no barrel and cock the striker and release the trigger. There's clearance in the guide rod channel. I even tried sliding on the barrel/slide combo with no guide rod and it hits the same brick wall. There's definitely a metallic sounding tap or clank, whatever it's hitting.

Any ideas?

Thanks
View Quote

I actually just ran into this exact problem with one of my frames, with a slide assembly that fits like butter on every other frame I have.  Turned out to be an out of spec, and too tall slide lock.  It was causing contact with the edge of the barrel feed ramp, rather than allowing the feed ramp to cam over it as the slide goes to the rear on install.  Put your slide on to the point it stops, then pull down on the slide lock, and it should go into place from there.  If it does, you need a new slide lock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I actually just ran into this exact problem with one of my frames, with a slide assembly that fits like butter on every other frame I have.  Turned out to be an out of spec, and too tall slide lock.  It was causing contact with the edge of the barrel feed ramp, rather than allowing the feed ramp to cam over it as the slide goes to the rear on install.  Put your slide on to the point it stops, then pull down on the slide lock, and it should go into place from there.  If it does, you need a new slide lock.
View Quote

It ended up being out of spec locking blocks. Both the original and the replacement that P80 sent out. I figured that out after removing all internal parts, less the block and rear rails. It was making the slide nosedive, so when it picked up the rear rails it pulled the slide down too low, causing the feed ramp to slam into the locking block. P80 told me thats normal and that I needed to grind and taper the bottom of the rails to allow it to track correctly. I ended up chucking the P80 frame and getting a Grey Ghost Precision Combat frame. Problem was solved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top