Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2019 6:47:24 PM EDT
I would like to build a compact 9mm but I can't seem to find a model with an actual thumb safety. There plenty of Glock kits and I found a Sig p228 kit, but I can't tell if the Sig has an actual thumb safety or not. there is some "thing" at the top of the left side grip, but it doesn't look like it rotates. I have a S&W 915, and I like the way that operates. Does anyone in here know of a kit that has what I'm looking for?
Thanks!
Geo.

This thread got locked by the "system" over on AR15 "Build It Yourself" section. I understand why, but I doubt this will ever be seen by the masses than might have a better chance of answering my question, but whatever...
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Aaaaannnnnddddd..... just as I suspected.... (sips coffee)

Thanks, "System"...
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
On the left side of the P228, there are 3 levers, the far left one is the takedown lever, the middle is a decocker, and the one on the right is the slide release.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
There is this. I don't know if one has ever been fitted to a Poly80 Glock frame though.

https://www.cominolli.com/product-page/msk
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of 1911 parts and frames out there to build off even 80%.

Not everyone wants a Glock and it's not a thumb safety but a Cross bolt safety should work with aftermarket frames.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
So you're building a 1911?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top