Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2019 1:27:25 AM EDT
My dad just picked up a G2c at rural king the other day and his nearly 70 year old eyes are having a hard time with the factory 3 dots( which are not great).

Night sites are helpful but not necessarily mandatory.

Also having never swapped sites on a Taurus how hard is it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to LakeLinellc.com

He has a really nice set  of steel fiber optic sights for the G2/G2C/G3 series  of pistol. I have them on my G2 and really like them A LOT. It is  a simple screw in replacement and you fit the fiber optic wires with a lighter or soldering iron. Excellent deal at $40. They really pop, even in lower light situations.

Additionally, if the gun will be shot a lot, go ahead  and get the stainless recoil/guide rod assembly and the stainless steel striker sleeve. Easy to install and there are videos on how to do it. Lastly there is an aftermarket trigger that does away with the glock trigger gizmo. With the frame mounted safety it is redundant and can hinder an otherwise decent trigger. I have seen/shot several of these guns and two of them needed the trigger safety modified/replacement.

I did all of these mods as I don't like plastic parts in my guns when it comes to critical moving parts. Not needed for a lightly shot gun, but I'm around 2k round count now and have had ZERO feed/function problems except for one brand of ammo. Feel free to ask if you have any questions
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I'll look into that. He wont shoot it much mainly he wanted something small and cheap to keep in the truck or just a beat around town gun.

I will say this the trigger isnt to bad. Pretty rough tho. The whole gun is tight as fuck. Really got to hit the mag release with some authority, presumably just needs to be shot.

Nice little gun for 169.00
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks I'll look into that. He wont shoot it much mainly he wanted something small and cheap to keep in the truck or just a beat around town gun.

I will say this the trigger isnt to bad. Pretty rough tho. The whole gun is tight as fuck. Really got to hit the mag release with some authority, presumably just needs to be shot.

Nice little gun for 169.00
View Quote
@jaytee450

It'll loosen up a little with use. Take a close look at the trigger as it is moving rearward and see if it is the safety lever causing the glitches. If it is then the "Keep Tinkering" trigger is what you seek. The trigger pull on my gun dropped by 1.5 lbs after the install. I think this is most likely due to a slight change in the trigger geometry than anything else. But it is $40 well spent, if needed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Another trick i read about but not had a chance to try yet is simply slip a piece heat shrink over the trigger and shrink it so the safety and the trigger are one. I just got my G2c and want to put rounds through before i try this mod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top