Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2021 5:10:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rincoln]
For all of you who have changed or adjusted your iron sights on a MK XIX, what tool have you used.  I recently purchased the new truglo sights for mine, and don't want to hit a tritium sight with a hammer and punch.

Are any of the sight pusher tools large enough to hold the Desert Eagle slide?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Wheeler...buy once cry once and be done with it.

I think it will work on most sights.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a MGW Sight Pro for pistol sights, expensive, but very well engineered. Personally, I have not used it on a desert eagle.  Specific frame supports are needed, so first check that a support is available for your specific handgun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the B&J universal sight tool kit, I haven't used it on a DE, but I've used it on every pistol and a Shilo Sharps rifle so it's been pretty universal for me.
Brownells has it, so you could give them a ring and ask.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
These all look like great suggestions.  I'm continuing to do my homework, before purchasing something that won't fit the enormous DE slide.  Sounds like no one has actually used one of these on the DE
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Wheeler, the Vism and P500 Universal, the P500 will work. Of all 3 the 500 is the most difficult to set up but works very well and they stand behind their product, I had
a piece break after using it for the last 20 years and they replaced it free of charge. I tried my DE slide in it and it fits and will work fine.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!  I'm looking for a P500 in stock now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top